• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New vacancies:

Abilene Christian
    Florida
    Idaho State
    Troy

In DII, Lake Erie's coach unexpectedly resigned after just 2 years.

Comment

• So who had James Franklin 10 year extension on their bingo card?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
        New vacancies:

Abilene Christian
        Florida
        Idaho State
        Troy

In DII, Lake Erie's coach unexpectedly resigned after just 2 years.
        ACU is quite an interesting job to take if you're an young upcoming coordinator. They're in the newly formed WAC which has intentions of moving the entire conference up to FBS in 5 years or so. It's in a good area to attract HS recruits as well as get kids to come home after they see they're just a number at the P5 FBS programs. Idaho State I can't imagine they'll land a splashy hire, Troy has history and potential to land a decent coach and well Florida is Florida lol. If smart they hire a young coordinator to inject some swag into the program but knowing them they'll hire a old retread and fall behind even further in the SEC

Comment

So who had James Franklin 10 year extension on their bingo card?

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

ACU is quite an interesting job to take if you're an young upcoming coordinator. They're in the newly formed WAC which has intentions of moving the entire conference up to FBS in 5 years or so. It's in a good area to attract HS recruits as well as get kids to come home after they see they're just a number at the P5 FBS programs. Idaho State I can't imagine they'll land a splashy hire, Troy has history and potential to land a decent coach and well Florida is Florida lol. If smart they hire a young coordinator to inject some swag into the program but knowing them they'll hire a old retread and fall behind even further in the SEC
            Their limitation is money but also their socio-political views. They're in the Liberty-Oral Roberts-Pepperdine realm. That could limit their pool some.

Comment

• I think Penn State football is also used to the continuity of having your head coach for a long time. I like that too. I agree that a 10-year extension is probably too much until he can win the Big Ten or at least beat Ohio State. But they bring in the revenue to have his salary match.

Comment

I think Penn State football is also used to the continuity of having your head coach for a long time. I like that too. I agree that a 10-year extension is probably too much until he can win the Big Ten or at least beat Ohio State. But they bring in the revenue to have his salary match.

Franklin has an elite agent, too, who no doubt had him linked to USC, LSU, and who knows where else.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Franklin has an elite agent, too, who no doubt had him linked to USC, LSU, and who knows where else.
                  Yes, good point. This should keep him out of coaching vacancy speculation for at least a few years barring something major.

Comment

• Comment

• He's done very well there.

However, PSU is just 11-9 in its past 20 games. That is hard to believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

He's done very well there.

However, PSU is just 11-9 in its past 20 games. That is hard to believe.

Comment

• Tough to win the Big 10 without a running game. Their defense is good, but the o-line is mediocre, the backs don't impress, and their receivers outside of Dotson are not world-beaters. When you look at their receivers and backs compared to those at Ohio State, the difference stands out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Tough to win the Big 10 without a running game. Their defense is good, but the o-line is mediocre, the backs don't impress, and their receivers outside of Dotson are not world-beaters. When you look at their receivers and backs compared to those at Ohio State, the difference stands out.
                            And yet they went into Columbus and gave OSU all they could handle. And they were right there in every other game they lost. It was a disappointing year on the heels of a messy year with COVID. The sky is hardly falling.

Comment

• The James Franklin news overshadowed something just as shocking - Liberty has given Hugh Freeze an extension giving him $4MM a year. That's crazy money for a school that was playing PSAC schools in the 90s.

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X