Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I get that Clemson had a really bad season (by their standards), but still, beating Clemson is kind of a big deal, the last time I checked. Is this season's success sustainable in Oakland? Hard to say, but you can't take away the fact that Pitt actually won a Power Five conference football title, even if the ACC is close to the worst of the current P5 leagues (I rank the P5 leagues as follows: SEC, Big Ten, Big 12, PAC-12 (B12/P12 could easily be flipped, but the Big 12 seems to be in a better position for on the field success even with Texas/Oklahoma leaving).

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Horns with Hearts ... a Texas big money club ... announced today it will give $50,000 to each scholarship OL starting next Fall. It apparently falls under the NLI guidelines.

That will help recruiting a bit.
      I'm waiting for this kind of thing to start happening with G5 schools in hot areas: Florida International, UNLV, San Diego State, etc. This could get really interesting if some black-owned businesses throw money behind FCS HBCU programs. There's already been a growing momentum for 4 and 3 star recruits to select a top tier FCS HBCU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post
        Notre Dame hired the DC has new HC. Kelly seems like a real jerk. Reports he had a 2 minute meeting with the team and no questions before walking out per AD. SI reports that is his history going back to Grand Valley.

https://www.si.com/college/2021/11/3...e-dame-for-lsu

Comment

• Comment

Horns with Hearts ... a Texas big money club ... announced today it will give $50,000 to each scholarship OL starting next Fall. It apparently falls under the NLI guidelines.

That will help recruiting a bit.
            The big boys will get bigger. The trend of big college football toward becoming a mini NFL has been going on for quite a while, and it is picking up steam.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

The big boys will get bigger. The trend of big college football toward becoming a mini NFL has been going on for quite a while, and it is picking up steam.

Say you redshirt as a scholarship player. Stay five years total. School is free. And, you make at least $250,000.

Sure is a lot different than working in the cafeteria for minimum wage for 15 hours a week.

And, these are just the OL. No offense to OL, but they don't typically get the big marketing deals. Imagine what they'll be willing to pay the QBs, etc.

Imagine being a 19-year-old millionaire in Austin, TX.

Comment

• Pitt OC Mark Whipple resigned effectively immediately. No reason floating out there. Strange.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                  Pitt OC Mark Whipple resigned effectively immediately. No reason floating out there. Strange.
                  He must have found a job. He's been mentioned in several HC openings.

Comment

He must have found a job. He's been mentioned in several HC openings.
                    I did find that he interviewed for the Nebraska OC.

I didn't know he was the head coach at New Haven during their big run 30 years ago.

Comment

• Lot of talk in the Yinzerlands that Kenny Pickett may skip the bowl game.

First Rounder in next draft. Meaningless game. I guess we'll learn soon.

Comment

• Toughest pill to swallow is had Pitt beat either Central Michigan or Miami (both at home) ... H2P is probably in the playoff.

Comment

Lot of talk in the Yinzerlands that Kenny Pickett may skip the bowl game.

First Rounder in next draft. Meaningless game. I guess we'll learn soon.

Comment

Pitt OC Mark Whipple resigned effectively immediately. No reason floating out there. Strange.

Comment

Comment

• Pickett has now shifted to being "undecided" on playing in the Peach Bowl. Probably waiting to find out who will be calling plays.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X