Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Remember when Jake The Snake wrestled in a bar on Philly Street in the late 90s?
    The late 90s early 2000s seemed like a heyday for local entertainment and celebrities in Indiana. Bob Dylan at Fisher, Violent Femmes at the ice rink, Jamir Jager at Al Pattis, For better or worse that craziness is long over.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

The late 90s early 2000s seemed like a heyday for local entertainment and celebrities in Indiana. Bob Dylan at Fisher, Violent Femmes at the ice rink, Jamir Jager at Al Pattis, For better or worse that craziness is long over.
      Don't forget about Bill Cosby at Fisher.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Don't forget about Bill Cosby at Fisher.
        Vanilla Ice played the HUB ... lol didn't sell enough tickets for the auditorium. I attended the show.

Comment

Jeff Fisher (yes, that Jeff Fisher) has interviewed for the East Tennessee State job.

Seems like a fall down the ladder.
          A job is a job.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

A job is a job.
            Yep. I didn't realize he'd been out of the game so long. Still ... with his pedigree, I'd have suspected a little more high-profile gig.

Comment

Yep. I didn't realize he'd been out of the game so long. Still ... with his pedigree, I'd have suspected a little more high-profile gig.
              ETSU was probably ok with a 5-5 record every year.

Comment

• It looks like Fisher was an advisor at Tennessee st where Eddie George is the HC this season. Probably why the ETSU thing came about. Also, just saw he's not in the running anymore.

Vitaly Gurman the former Boro OL was 3rd team all MAC this season at Toledo.

Comment

• Rutgers going bowling at 5-7!!

Comment

• Bowl season is a mess. Miami dropped out of their bowl. The Military Bowl is canceled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                      Bowl season is a mess. Miami dropped out of their bowl. The Military Bowl is canceled.

I'm starting to lose hope for PSAC basketball this winter. The end may be near.

Comment

I'm starting to lose hope for PSAC basketball this winter. The end may be near.
                        Omicron May have more cases but the metric they need to see is how many wind up in the hospital.

They could conceivably require masks for fans at games and or limit attendance.

The Iggles coach went on Covid protocol on Wednesday and cleared on Saturday.

Comment

Omicron May have more cases but the metric they need to see is how many wind up in the hospital.

The PSAC (or, the schools) is already 'requiring' masks ... but not enforcing anything. At best, 15% to 20% of the crowds I've seen are complying.

Comment

My hunch is that January is going to be very messy. Not just in sports but everywhere. One of the teams I follow in the winter months is my HS wrestling team, Central Mountain. They're hoping for big things this year and are ranked 4th in PA. However, in their last two competitions, they were missing half of their starting lineup, 4 with Covid protocols and 2 with "the flu." They might be at full strength this week for the big Powerade tourney at Canon-McMillan. I think we're primed for an outbreak and it won't matter if there are fewer hospitalizations. It could be more widespread than before. I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

• Its starting. My office is 2 days in, 3 days out right now. 2 people who were in the office on Tuesday tested positive on Friday and now 3 more who were in last week tested positive. We're asking one person who called off sick today to get tested. We're now going back to fully remote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                                Its starting. My office is 2 days in, 3 days out right now. 2 people who were in the office on Tuesday tested positive on Friday and now 3 more who were in last week tested positive. We're asking one person who called off sick today to get tested. We're now going back to fully remote.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X