Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't tell if Michigan's fill-in coach post-game interview yesterday was fantastic or awful. It actually feels like an SNL skit.

Regardless, always refreshing to get some f-bombs dropped on national television.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      I can't tell if Michigan's fill-in coach post-game interview yesterday was fantastic or awful. It actually feels like an SNL skit.

Regardless, always refreshing to get some f-bombs dropped on national television.
      How embarrassing that James Tenandtwo couldn’t out smart a fill in…

Comment

• I see that Franklin has fired OC Mike Yurcich. I guess the pressure is on.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
          I see that Franklin has fired OC Mike Yurcich. I guess the pressure is on.
          That's the first step in the panic process.

Comment

• CNN is reporting Jimbo's buyout is $77m

That's not a bad way to get canned. Holy Moly.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

His father got fired from Hillbilly High and reinvented himself at IUP…

Maybe??
              There are far better coaches than Frank Cignetti Jr. to be the head coach at IUP if they end up looking for a head coach. Trust that.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

There are far better coaches than Frank Cignetti Jr. to be the head coach at IUP if they end up looking for a head coach. Trust that.
                I think he meant OC?

Comment

He was a dead man walking as of about 330pm yesterday.
                  Penn State under Franklin is becoming the place where OCs go to die. Watching Penn State this year it certainly didn't look anything like the Mike Yurcich offense I saw at Ship, Oklahoma State, or Texas. Gotta wonder how much control he actually had up there. In any case, it's all on Franklin now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Penn State under Franklin is becoming the place where OCs go to die. Watching Penn State this year it certainly didn't look anything like the Mike Yurcich offense I saw at Ship, Oklahoma State, or Texas. Gotta wonder how much control he actually had up there. In any case, it's all on Franklin now.
                    Was thinking the same thing. Just how much control did he have?

In the business world when I see a lot of dead bodies around CEO’s I start to think the CEO is the problem. Surely someone has to be asking that question at this point.

Comment

CNN is reporting Jimbo's buyout is $77m

That's not a bad way to get canned. Holy Moly.
                      Let this sink in for a second. What kind of world are we living in here? Gigantic contract just to win college football games, and then, an absurd buyout because they didn’t win enough college football games. Think about how many kids that could have gotten an education for that? What about humanitarian causes? How many people do you think are hungry around College Station? I hate to be that guy, but this is really starting to get to me.

I read that when he was hired they presented him with a National Championship trophy, but it was just missing the date. Talk about pressure! Who does that crap?! Everything is bigger in Texas they say, and that certainly goes for the ego too. Yes, if you sign a contract like that I suppose you should live up to whatever the expectations are but this has gotten totally out of hand. What do these schools really stand for? I’m beside myself on this one.

Comment

I think he meant OC?
                        No…HC.

I’d hope they can find someone who cares about IUP and not someone just looking for a step up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Sone of us have been saying James Tenandtwo isn’t the answer for sone time now…

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

No…HC.

I’d hope they can find someone who cares about IUP and not someone just looking for a step up.
                            You got 5-7 more years of Captain Timeout.

He and his buddies on staff will all hit retirement at about the same time. So, the next hire (I'd guess 2030) will be external.

Comment

You got 5-7 more years of Captain Timeout.

He and his buddies on staff will all hit retirement at about the same time. So, the next hire (I'd guess 2030) will be external.
                              IUP should focus on facility upgrades during this time…

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Let this sink in for a second. What kind of world are we living in here? Gigantic contract just to win college football games, and then, an absurd buyout because they didn’t win enough college football games. Think about how many kids that could have gotten an education for that? What about humanitarian causes? How many people do you think are hungry around College Station? I hate to be that guy, but this is really starting to get to me.

I read that when he was hired they presented him with a National Championship trophy, but it was just missing the date. Talk about pressure! Who does that crap?! Everything is bigger in Texas they say, and that certainly goes for the ego too. Yes, if you sign a contract like that I suppose you should live up to whatever the expectations are but this has gotten totally out of hand. What do these schools really stand for? I’m beside myself on this one.
                                All these big schools have made deals with the devil. Somewhere the figurative genie exited the bottle. It's quite interesting when you consider that both Michigan State and Texas A&M only a few short years ago totally reset the market for football coaches with the combination of contract length, annual salary, buyout, and for Jimbo, terms of the buyout. It's almost hilarious that both of those schools no longer employ the coaches they hired to those contracts.

I'm with you entirely. When you consider the expansion of the playoff (all about money), the absurd conference realignment (all about money), NIL and ridiculous frequency of player movement (all about money), and these coach salaries/buyouts... You have to ask the question... What are we really doing here?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X