Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Was thinking the same thing. Just how much control did he have?

In the business world when I see a lot of dead bodies around CEO’s I start to think the CEO is the problem. Surely someone has to be asking that question at this point.
    I agree. Using a local example, I think pertaining to the offense James Franklin and Pat Narduzzi are almost polar opposites. When Narduzzi says he spends 85% of his time with the defense, I believe him. We can debate how much involvement he should have in the offense, but I actually believe that he wants to "manage" his offensive coordinator in the reporting structure, and have his OC be the head coach of the offense. Whether that approach is right or wrong is certainly up for debate considering the results. That said, I believe Franklin is probably way too involved in what's going on up there with the offense.

Comment

• Tucked into an announcement about the D1 transfer portal window, there are some FBS eligibility changes:

The council also adopted changes to membership requirements for Football Bowl Subdivision schools that:
      • Eliminate attendance requirements at FBS schools (effective immediately).
      • Increase the application fee for transitioning from FCS to FBS from $5,000 to $5 million (effective immediately).
      • Require all FBS programs to provide 90% of the total number of allowable scholarships over a two-year rolling period across 16 sports, including football. FBS schools will also be required to fund 210 scholarships each year, amounting to no less than $6 million annually (effective August 2027).
        • For schools that begin transitioning to FBS in 2024-25 or later, requirements must be met by the conclusion of the transition process.
      I disagree with the attendance requirement but that's probably to be inclusive of the MAC. The 90% funding rule is going to force some schools back down to FCS, and I don't think that's a bad thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
        Tucked into an announcement about the D1 transfer portal window, there are some FBS eligibility changes:

The council also adopted changes to membership requirements for Football Bowl Subdivision schools that:
        • Eliminate attendance requirements at FBS schools (effective immediately).
        • Increase the application fee for transitioning from FCS to FBS from $5,000 to $5 million (effective immediately).
        • Require all FBS programs to provide 90% of the total number of allowable scholarships over a two-year rolling period across 16 sports, including football. FBS schools will also be required to fund 210 scholarships each year, amounting to no less than $6 million annually (effective August 2027).
          • For schools that begin transitioning to FBS in 2024-25 or later, requirements must be met by the conclusion of the transition process.
        I disagree with the attendance requirement but that's probably to be inclusive of the MAC. The 90% funding rule is going to force some schools back down to FCS, and I don't think that's a bad thing.
        They need a third D1 level….

Comment

• Michigan has withdrawn its appeal of Jim Harbaugh's 3 game suspension. Interesting.

Comment

Michigan has withdrawn its appeal of Jim Harbaugh's 3 game suspension. Interesting.
            No leg to stand on. Michigan got real quiet after that was announced yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

No leg to stand on. Michigan got real quiet after that was announced yesterday.
              I have to assume behind closed doors an admission or two were made.

Comment

This is Pete Carrol Part 2

He'll get to pick which NFL job he wants. Most seem to think Buffalo or Chicago.

Comment

Michigan and its fans did a lot of talking to paint Stalions as some sort of rogue agent that the other coaches barely knew and certainly weren’t getting any info from but the fact that they backed down from their suit so quickly is highly suggestive of that being a load of crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

Michigan and its fans did a lot of talking to paint Stalions as some sort of rogue agent that the other coaches barely knew and certainly weren’t getting any info from but the fact that they backed down from their suit so quickly is highly suggestive of that being a load of crap.
                    It's pretty much what happens at any of these universities when there is a scandal. They are glad to jump on other schools when there is a problem, but when it happens to THEM they circle the wagons and say nothing could possibly be wrong with their flawless program and that it's all the haters and the NCAA out to get them. It's a typical corporate response (and these large universities are basically big corporations) when something goes awry. Denial and deflection come out in full force.

One of my favorite scandal defenses was North Carolina's where they basically said their program shouldn't be penalized for academic cheating because it wasn't only the athletes who were cheating. In other words, the athletes didn't get a special advantage since others cheated as well.

Comment

• The NCAA presented the University of Michigan with new evidence this week, including that a Michigan booster may have at least partially funded Connor Stalions’ advanced scouting operation and an assistant coach allegedly participated in the destruction of evidence on a computer after the scandal broke, industry sources tell Yahoo Sports.

The revelations altered Michigan’s and Jim Harbaugh’s legal approach.

Both the school and Harbaugh dropped an attempt to secure a temporary restraining order against a three-game Big Ten suspension. A hearing had been scheduled Friday morning in Washtenaw County (Michigan) Circuit Court.

The school also announced that linebackers coach Chris Partridge had been “relieved of his duties as a member of the Michigan Football staff.”

Yahoo Sports put out a new article about why Michigan decided to settle. While the evidence tampering is “alleged” the fact that they fired the LB coach seems a lot like the kind of smoke that would indicate a fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

Yahoo Sports put out a new article about why Michigan decided to settle. While the evidence tampering is “alleged” the fact that they fired the LB coach seems a lot like the kind of smoke that would indicate a fire.
                        I’m not sure this is over just yet.

I used to root for Michigan to beat Ohio State. Is there a way they can both lose?

Comment

I used to root for Michigan to beat Ohio State. Is there a way they can both lose?
                          It is getting harder and harder to determine which is the most irritating of the football factories.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

This is Pete Carrol Part 2

He'll get to pick which NFL job he wants. Most seem to think Buffalo or Chicago.
                            WHOA !!! Some people think the Buffalo HC is gone after this season?

Comment

While I usually do not put 100% stock into what the Talking Heads says, I heard one Talking Heads claimed he knows much more of what is going on, but will not say anything until the NCAA and others continue to peel back the onion.

I am having a tough time pick who I want to win between Michigan and Ohio St as well. If Ohio St wins, there's that built-in excuse with not having Coach Harbaugh there to coach them. If Michigan wins, some might blame the data from their advance cheating. Really having issues picking someone this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

While I usually do not put 100% stock into what the Talking Heads says, I heard one Talking Heads claimed he knows much more of what is going on, but will not say anything until the NCAA and others continue to peel back the onion.

I am having a tough time pick who I want to win between Michigan and Ohio St as well. If Ohio St wins, there's that built-in excuse with not having Coach Harbaugh there to coach them. If Michigan wins, some might blame the data from their advance cheating. Really having issues picking someone this year.
                                I’m still going to root for Michigan because there’s no program I like less than Ohio State. And if Urban Meyer wasn’t bad enough, Ryan Day may be an even bigger a-hole. I also had to live in Columbus for almost 7 years and I can’t imagine a more nauseating fan base. At least Harbaugh is entertaining I suppose. I think top to bottom that Michigan is a little better than Ohio State, and it’s in the Big House.

No matter how it plays out, my hope is the Ohio State misses the playoffs. There’s a chance there will be four undefeated teams and if that happens, I suspect they’ll all be in. After that, there will likely be several really good one-loss teams to sort through. I think this game is a play-in game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X