Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That was an incredible Cal team. Best team (dirty) money could buy.
    I was interestingly a big Cal fan then. My sister was in the band all four years of that run. That 2007 Cal team was incredible. However, they did have a lot of non-transfers on that team. And some of the transfers there were not one year mercenaries, although there were a few. As you like to say, "they built up" for that team. Tough to say if they were better than than IUP team in 2017 - two different teams - but I think they were. I was at every home game and a couple road games too. That team sure was something.

In this era, that might the closest the PSAC will ever get. They were inside the 10 yard line with 1st and goal to go and couldn't get in. I think the final was 28-24. Joe Ruggerio's pass got knocked away in the endzone by a diving defensive back on 4th down. He had a man in the back of the end zone. That team was that close. Valdosta went out and beat NW Missouri State the next week to win the title. The score was close, but I recall Valdosta having a big lead and never really being in danger of losing. It's hard to say, but the national title game might have been played the Saturday before at Adamson Stadium. Great team, and great game. I was there.

Comment

I wouldn't call it dirty. Unethical maybe. It's not like it was Fayette County cartel money.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I was interestingly a big Cal fan then. My sister was in the band all four years of that run. That 2007 Cal team was incredible. However, they did have a lot of non-transfers on that team. And some of the transfers there were not one year mercenaries, although there were a few. As you like to say, "they built up" for that team. Tough to say if they were better than than IUP team in 2017 - two different teams - but I think they were. I was at every home game and a couple road games too. That team sure was something.

In this era, that might the closest the PSAC will ever get. They were inside the 10 yard line with 1st and goal to go and couldn't get in. I think the final was 28-24. Joe Ruggerio's pass got knocked away in the endzone by a diving defensive back on 4th down. He had a man in the back of the end zone. That team was that close. Valdosta went out and beat NW Missouri State the next week to win the title. The score was close, but I recall Valdosta having a big lead and never really being in danger of losing. It's hard to say, but the national title game might have been played the Saturday before at Adamson Stadium. Great team, and great game. I was there.
        Hard to say. When Max went down in the Assumption win the 2017 team changed. That will always be a 'what if' team at IUP.

But, that Cal team was the closest since IUP in the early 90s. Both 'should have' ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I wouldn't call it dirty. Unethical maybe. It's not like it was Fayette County cartel money.
          Cartel, no. English Depatment, perhaps.

Six and one, I suppose.

Comment

Hard to say. When Max went down in the Assumption win the 2017 team changed. That will always be a 'what if' team at IUP.

But, that Cal team was the closest since IUP in the early 90s. Both 'should have' ...

Comment

• The Cal 2007 team was the best PSAC team of the 21st century so far. The one stand up LB or DE they had #7 was the best defensive player I've seen since I've followed D2 in the NE region.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                  The Cal 2007 team was the best PSAC team of the 21st century so far. The one stand up LB or DE they had #7 was the best defensive player I've seen since I've followed D2 in the NE region.
                  2007 Cal vs 2015 Shepherd would have been a hell of a game.
                  http://www.indianagazette.com
                  www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• He looked straight out of a 90s JC Penney catalog except it was Cal Vulcans not Charlotte Hornets.

Comment

My understanding is when Max went down during the Assumption game, teammates were emotionally upset after the game. So I have to agree, I am not sure what would have happen had Max did not get injured.

Comment

They are doing a great job of not showing their hand ... but, I have also heard there are some studs in the mix that the public doesn't know about yet. The defense is going to be much, much better than many realize at this point.
                        Still not much word. Any news on the Fall roster, and what additions. Its as quiet as its ever been. I've heard about a few Juco and PSAC guys, but nothing else, any updates ?

Comment

• Happy Bobby Bonilla Day

Comment

• I don't recall this being covered elsewhere. Unknown how this affects their annual fundraising, but $25,000 endowments produce $1,000 a year in perpetuity.

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...cba49ccf9.html

Comment

I don't recall this being covered elsewhere. Unknown how this affects their annual fundraising, but $25,000 endowments produce $1,000 a year in perpetuity.

It all adds up.

Comment

I don't recall this being covered elsewhere. Unknown how this affects their annual fundraising, but $25,000 endowments produce $1,000 a year in perpetuity.

It seems like you are criticizing people who gave $25,000 of their own money to the football program to benefit student-athletes.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X