• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
    GU picks up CUSA FBS QB w 3yrs left from New Mexico State
    https://twitter.com/BearssBryce
    also MAC RB from Ball State, Donnie Marcus
    and RB from MAC Bowling Green, Braxton Todd
    https://twitter.com/todd_braxton/
    Gannon has quietly loaded up this offseason. The QB was the last piece they needed. This dude appears to have a cannon. If he pans out they will be tough to deal with this year

Comment

• Originally posted by CUlater View Post

Gannon has quietly loaded up this offseason. The QB was the last piece they needed. This dude appears to have a cannon. If he pans out they will be tough to deal with this year
      Is Gannon the new Cal U?

Comment

Well, if they actually have the amount of scholarship money I keep reading that they have, they ought to be tough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Well, if they actually have the amount of scholarship money I keep reading that they have, they ought to be tough.
          Supposedly, Gannon and Hurst are both up to 31/32 equivalencies.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Supposedly, Gannon and Hurst are both up to 31/32 equivalencies.
            Both have flirted with 36 in the past. For some reason it's pretty hard for privates to make it in D2. My theory is that the fake scholarship money makes them spend foolishly than when you're raising most of it with your own hustle.

Comment

Gannon has a cannon?

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Gannon has a cannon?
                Go away!

Comment

• Gannon also have signed a D1 FCS decommit from Eastern Illinois. They have listed 6 QBs on roster now.
                  re-alignment of positions on the way. Showing almost 120 on current Roster.
                  What may hurt them is the lost 3 coaches moving up. Nardo to Okla, BLake to Presbyterian & Ream to W New Mex.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

That is the key a this level...money.

IF they can sell recruits/transfers on playing home games on a practice field with some portable metal bleachers...than IUP fans can stop fretting over The Cig needing a needed renovation.

However, I would like a new stadium for IUP. Shapiro needs to give us the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

IF they can sell recruits/transfers on playing home games on a practice field with some portable metal bleachers...than IUP fans can stop fretting over The Cig needing a needed renovation.

However, I would like a new stadium for IUP. Shapiro needs to give us the money.
                      I'm sure it's his first priority... ;p

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

With very, very few exceptions, all the stadiums in the PSAC are dumps. Shepherd is by far the nicest. I do like what Mercyhurst has done despite it being very small.

Ranking the West after that ... have fun. Edinboro, Clarion, IUP, SRU, Cal ... all about the same more or less. Typical track stadiums with no bells/whistles.

I will say IF you can get a seat at Gannon (and everybody basically has to sit on the home side) it's not a bad place to watch a game. You are incredibly close to the field. Parking is a pure disaster and trying to sit on the visitor side is a waste of time. You may get to see 1/3 of the field.

Seton Hill (the rented high school stadium) is also a nice venue to watch a game. There's no track and you are very close to the action. Parking is also a major headache.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

I'm sure it's his first priority... ;p
                          We need to defund East Dennyburg and funnel the money to IUP.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

With very, very few exceptions, all the stadiums in the PSAC are dumps. Shepherd is by far the nicest. I do like what Mercyhurst has done despite it being very small.

Ranking the West after that ... have fun. Edinboro, Clarion, IUP, SRU, Cal ... all about the same more or less. Typical track stadiums with no bells/whistles.

I will say IF you can get a seat at Gannon (and everybody basically has to sit on the home side) it's not a bad place to watch a game. You are incredibly close to the field. Parking is a pure disaster and trying to sit on the visitor side is a waste of time. You may get to see 1/3 of the field.

Seton Hill (the rented high school stadium) is also a nice venue to watch a game. There's no track and you are very close to the action. Parking is also a major headache.

Lets fact it...at this level...kids trying to get a degree and getting some athletic money to offset any future debt is really the the end game.

The facilities race is really a thing in the Power 5.

Comment

• again its mentioned the "privates" have fake scholarship money...whether its fake or real, my neighbor kid pays $1200 for a full year with his full scholarship (due to his "upgrades") at one of the "privates". Real or not, the debt won't be there when he leaves. Regarding the privates competing, Gannon has great indoor facilities but has a horrible multi-sport complex they're stuck playing on. "hurst has no indoor facilities and a nothing special home field facilities and not even a restroom for fans to use but a beautiful campus. Fortunately, the private schools aren't raping PA taxpayers though for the campus and facilities. Yes, the privates with "real" or "fake" scholarship money should always be the cream of the crop. In my opinion, as a former college coach, if you are not at or near the top each year with that many scholarships avail. its time to have a new coaching staff who can utilize scholarship dollars correctly as well as evaluate talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by playersdad View Post
                                again its mentioned the "privates" have fake scholarship money...whether its fake or real, my neighbor kid pays $1200 for a full year with his full scholarship (due to his "upgrades") at one of the "privates". Real or not, the debt won't be there when he leaves. Regarding the privates competing, Gannon has great indoor facilities but has a horrible multi-sport complex they're stuck playing on. "hurst has no indoor facilities and a nothing special home field facilities and not even a restroom for fans to use but a beautiful campus. Fortunately, the private schools aren't raping PA taxpayers though for the campus and facilities. Yes, the privates with "real" or "fake" scholarship money should always be the cream of the crop. In my opinion, as a former college coach, if you are not at or near the top each year with that many scholarships avail. its time to have a new coaching staff who can utilize scholarship dollars correctly as well as evaluate talent.
                                1. Don't ever use rape as a metaphor. You're better than that.

2. The public schools in the PSAC with the exception of UPJ and Shepherd are owned by the state, so they're no more taking your tax dollars as a new picnic pavilion at Pymatuning State Park.

3. Nobody is discounting the impact of the scholarship dollars at privates on the recipient. Awesome for for neighbor getting an almost free education. That's the biggest benefit of scholarship college sports. The criticism is that a) its not real money and b) its not a reliable prediction of success in football below FBS.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X