Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

CU is also having a mass exodus of portal guys at the same time. Per ESPN they had 15 guys enter the portal after their spring game and another 13 (I believe) enter during the last weeks before the spring game. Sanders hasn’t been shy about telling guys to hit the portal so I wonder if his tenure there will be marked by this kind of large scale movement.
    Seems like that was the plan. The roster he inherited was horrendous. He basically said the goal was to run most of them off. At least he was to the point lol.

Comment

• Not to hijack the thread, but I'm curious about how he'll do. When you're in a conference full of underfunded FCS programs, its easy to build something with little. But FBS especially P5 you need more. Should be interesting to see how much he can coach when everyone is on a more level playing field. Plus, he's recruiting guys to Boulder, Colorado. Somewhat of a different sell from Jackson, Mississippi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
        Not to hijack the thread, but I'm curious about how he'll do. When you're in a conference full of underfunded FCS programs, its easy to build something with little. But FBS especially P5 you need more. Should be interesting to see how much he can coach when everyone is on a more level playing field. Plus, he's recruiting guys to Boulder, Colorado. Somewhat of a different sell from Jackson, Mississippi.
        He's somehow still managed to have that 'it' factor even with the current generation. We talk all the time about social media presence and nobody does it better than his content team.

Obviously they were 1-11 last year so it was clear he was going to clean house and rebuild quickly with the portal. Their spring game was sold out and a crazy atmosphere.

He'll probably come as close as one can come to an overnight flip, but, as you said, Dorothy isn't in Kansas any more. He's got a big boy schedule ahead of him.

Finishing .500 would be a huge accomplishment in Year 1 of the regime. I'm doubtful they do, but you never know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
          Not to hijack the thread, but I'm curious about how he'll do. When you're in a conference full of underfunded FCS programs, its easy to build something with little. But FBS especially P5 you need more. Should be interesting to see how much he can coach when everyone is on a more level playing field. Plus, he's recruiting guys to Boulder, Colorado. Somewhat of a different sell from Jackson, Mississippi.
          Talent can overcome just okay coaching to some extent even in a P5. I do agree that it’s going to be a huge leap but I don’t think a guy like Primetime would have been willing to leave for a G5 school even if he hated it at JSU simply because his ego probably wouldn’t have fit in most of their stadiums. I imagine if this job hadn’t materialized he would have ridden it out for another year with his social media team/media company pumping out as much “press” as possible to angle for a different P5 job next season.

You also wonder how long he’ll stick around somewhere like CU. Does he want the challenge of building them to their next high point or are they just a springboard to his next job if he has a few decent seasons?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

He's somehow still managed to have that 'it' factor even with the current generation. We talk all the time about social media presence and nobody does it better than his content team.

Obviously they were 1-11 last year so it was clear he was going to clean house and rebuild quickly with the portal. Their spring game was sold out and a crazy atmosphere.

He'll probably come as close as one can come to an overnight flip, but, as you said, Dorothy isn't in Kansas any more. He's got a big boy schedule ahead of him.

Finishing .500 would be a huge accomplishment in Year 1 of the regime. I'm doubtful they do, but you never know.
            House cleaning by Deion was inevitable, but the crazy part is that guys who just transferred in when Deion arrived are now jumping back in the portal out of Colorado, including a guy he brought with him from Jackson State. I figured like you did, that good players would flock to him and they still might. But something weird is going on there right now.

Comment

• It's one thing to be able to recruit, another thing to develop and coach up talent once your team is assembled. In the biggest games Jackson State fell flat. Both Celebration Bowls they were outcoached by talent not as good as theirs? Was it overlooking the first year, yes I believe so. Last year the kids knew he was gone and that distraction caused them to come out flat and they played catchup the rest of the ball game. Is his QB1 ready for Power 5 ball? Coming out of HS he was committed to G5 Florida Atlantic and that was his biggest offer until dad got hired at Jackson and he followed him to JSU. We will see how good dad and son really are in the fall. Outside of Colorado State not another game where they'll be favored. Even Nebraska will be a favorite when they play them as they've hit the portal hard to fill holes.

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
                It's one thing to be able to recruit, another thing to develop and coach up talent once your team is assembled. In the biggest games Jackson State fell flat. Both Celebration Bowls they were outcoached by talent not as good as theirs? Was it overlooking the first year, yes I believe so. Last year the kids knew he was gone and that distraction caused them to come out flat and they played catchup the rest of the ball game. Is his QB1 ready for Power 5 ball? Coming out of HS he was committed to G5 Florida Atlantic and that was his biggest offer until dad got hired at Jackson and he followed him to JSU. We will see how good dad and son really are in the fall. Outside of Colorado State not another game where they'll be favored. Even Nebraska will be a favorite when they play them as they've hit the portal hard to fill holes.
                It's going to be fun to watch.

He's basically walking on water among the Buffs' faithful. Understandably, of course, as they haven't had much to cheer for in a long time.

You can bet, however, the teams they play will be waiting for them. They better be able to back up all the brashness because everybody is going to want a piece of 'prime time'.

Comment

I know IUP is in the mix for their big WR but I am starting to wonder if some bigger school is going to snatch him up.
                  Interesting development over weekend concerning past productive WR in PSAC. The Zinoble kid fro Clarion/ Albany is once again on the move. Must be tired of losing twice over. IUP could be a nice spot as I believe his Father played for the big guy…just sayin

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post
                    Interesting development over weekend concerning past productive WR in PSAC. The Zinoble kid fro Clarion/ Albany is once again on the move. Must be tired of losing twice over. IUP could be a nice spot as I believe his Father played for the big guy…just sayin
                    I really wanted them to get him last year although I think he was set on the D1 move at the time. He's a beast -- especially at this level.

His last season at Clarion (with no QB) he was tough to handle. I can imagine him at IUP with a stud QB.

Robert Morris and McNeese have already offered him. Hopefully he wants to win.

Comment

I really wanted them to get him last year although I think he was set on the D1 move at the time. He's a beast -- especially at this level.

His last season at Clarion (with no QB) he was tough to handle. I can imagine him at IUP with a stud QB.

Robert Morris and McNeese have already offered him. Hopefully he wants to win.
                      Yikes McNeese was real bad at 4-7 with a lot of blow out losses and RMU do they even have a pulse…would seem like a no brainer to compete for a PSAC title and stay close to home…we shall see.

Comment

• According to sources, Zinobile is currently looking at PSAC schools that offer a Master's Program in Health Administration. Both IUP and Cal U offer. Not sure which others offer or are being considered.

Comment

• Originally posted by PSAC Fan View Post
                          According to sources, Zinobile is currently looking at PSAC schools that offer a Master's Program in Health Administration. Both IUP and Cal U offer. Not sure which others offer or are being considered.
                          Cal's breaking in a new QB. IUP has a star QB on the way.

Of course, IUP already has two stud WRs along with a cast of up-and-comers.

I couldn't imagine Ridley, Lockhart and Zinobile. What a trio.

Comment

• Gannon offers former CWU QB Quincy Glasper. 2021 GNAC Offensive POY, but has missed quite a bit of games the last two seasons due to injuries https://twitter.com/qglasper4/status...aSGH9fgnA&s=19

Comment

• I see that LHU picked up a graduate transfer from Penn State, LB Cody Romano, who saw action in 6 games last year

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                                I see that LHU picked up a graduate transfer from Penn State, LB Cody Romano, who saw action in 6 games last year
                                That’s one hell of a drop. Top 20 D1 program to a bottom tier D2.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X