Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Quitting is contagious sometimes. I would doubt that these notional 10 players were the epitome of work-hard, listen to your coaches, team-work guys (particularly as the season went along). We'll probably never know, but probably a good chance that these 10 players were pretty good friends and would get together off the field and commiserate about how the program sucked, how the coaches were treating them unfairly and how each of them could fix the problem if the coaches just made them starters. The first guy transfers and the others follow like dominos.
    Maybe. The Bloomsburg situation, however, we keep reading about how wonderful of young men many of these guys are ... So, something was up.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
      Are there acceptable reasons for transfering? Sure. But because you can't break into the starting line-up OR because your team is just too bad for your liking are NOT good reasons.
      Says you.

http://www.indianagazette.com
      www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• You only get one life. If you're unhappy about a situation, change it. I never understood why we expect college kids to pledge loyalty when their coaches could leave at any moment.

Comment

• So the Leiby gets injured, that happens in this game!! Pelligrino gets injured, and then both want to transfer. You can't tie in the twins with those 2. I will say the Boatcapt is correct, all that transferred all seem to hang and didn't take new Coaching!! O well, let's move on!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Futurelooksbright View Post
            So the Leiby gets injured, that happens in this game!! Pelligrino gets injured, and then both want to transfer. You can't tie in the twins with those 2. I will say the Boatcapt is correct, all that transferred all seem to hang and didn't take new Coaching!! O well, let's move on!!
            Is Pelligrino a grad transfer? If so, then he's doing it the right way just like Leiby. This is it for their football life the next 1 year or 2 years in Leiby's case. If they want to play for a winner instead of a complete rebuild that Bloom is, I don't fault them for that. Especially if they graduated already. Could be a chance to get more $$ towards their education as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

My understanding is that its standard practice to have a season-end meeting with the AD to review and discuss. That meeting usually heavily influences the decision moving forward or if one is made the coach learns then. Its possible that some haven't happened yet.
              Correct. They get to have a nice Thanksgiving. My eyes would be on Clarion HC, Ville HC, and amazingly Bloom HC/Asst's. However, when it all shakes out, Clarion has big buyout , Ville will get another year to get more than 2 wins, and Bloom HC may have to unload Asst's. The coaches CBA is such that it puts some limitations. If they are not in year 5, then they are likely safe. Or, under year 3. That's what I think I read in the CBA of the coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cavalier 1 View Post

Correct. They get to have a nice Thanksgiving. My eyes would be on Clarion HC, Ville HC, and amazingly Bloom HC/Asst's. However, when it all shakes out, Clarion has big buyout , Ville will get another year to get more than 2 wins, and Bloom HC may have to unload Asst's. The coaches CBA is such that it puts some limitations. If they are not in year 5, then they are likely safe. Or, under year 3. That's what I think I read in the CBA of the coaches.
                Clarion doesn't have the money for a buyout, so unless Weibel's out of contract time he has time to correct course. His bio says he's in year 7. That's the standard 5 plus 2 years of extension. Without wading through Clarion trustees minutes there's no real way to know where he is. And honestly, I'd be surprised if he was forced out. He's a Clarion star, a local, and a big part of their community.

Clarion is operating at a Cheyney level right now but without West Chester doing 40% of their back end administration. There's no way with this level of scrutiny and 100% FOIA exposure they'd try paying him to go away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
                  You only get one life. If you're unhappy about a situation, change it. I never understood why we expect college kids to pledge loyalty when their coaches could leave at any moment.
                  Right. It's all about loyalty coach speak until said coach gets a better job, leaves tomorrow and takes his whole staff with him. Sorry. Bye. Good Luck. It's all about loyalty until Johnny Sophomore blows out his knee and at the end of the season his scholarship is revoked. How about when the coach brings in D1 transfers to take your job on August 1?

How many people change jobs daily for more money? If Jimmy QB can get a full ride at IUP or stay at Lock Haven and get 5% ... I mean, come on.

Obviously this is a topic that will be split. But, get used to it. It's only going to get worse. Grass isn't always greener. But, sometimes it is.

Comment

• I believe all will be back. Hard to judge after the whole missed year of covid. Some schools were able to keep 5th to 6th year senior. Bloom had West Chester beat, if Leiby plays against Seton Hill they probably win, now I know if and buts. Hey it is what is, no excuses, Bloom lost some older kids now the young ones time to step up. Must utilize #5 Monaco, a stud, both Tight Ends are very good. Excited to see the next year.

Comment

Another interesting coaching vacancy - Lafayette is now open. Do they speak to Jim Clements?
                      Selfishly, I hope not.

If I'm an FCS/I-AA school though, I'm absolutely reaching out to him. He's never had a sub-.500 season and only has one season at .500 between his time in D3 and D2. He's also had Kutztown reach it's third consecutive playoff appearance, with seeds of #4, #2, and #1. He's also had 3 conference championship game appearances in the last 5 played seasons, and won the East division outright in those three seasons.

I would think he's clearly doing something right.

Comment

• Originally posted by KU_2014 View Post

Selfishly, I hope not.

If I'm an FCS/I-AA school though, I'm absolutely reaching out to him. He's never had a sub-.500 season and only has one season at .500 between his time in D3 and D2. He's also had Kutztown reach it's third consecutive playoff appearance, with seeds of #4, #2, and #1. He's also had 3 conference championship game appearances in the last 5 played seasons, and won the East division outright in those three seasons.

And with minimal resources. All speculation about scholarships aside, most PASSHE schools operate on shoe string budgets. Lafayette isn't going broke anytime soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cavalier 1 View Post

Comment

And with minimal resources. All speculation about scholarships aside, most PASSHE schools operate on shoe string budgets. Lafayette isn't going broke anytime soon.

Comment

• Clarion WR just picked up his second D1 offer from St. Francis (PA).

Cal
                              Rock
                              Duquesne
                              St. Francis

Comment

• Originally posted by KU_2014 View Post

Selfishly, I hope not.

On the FCS board I've seen two PSAC coaches name thrown into the hat, Clement and Coach Mac from Ship as they said both coaches have done an outstanding job throughout their careers with limited scholarships. Lafayette offers the max "Aide" within the PL limits and the pay I hear is probably double what they make at KU/Ship. Mac is a Ship alum so he probably wouldn't want the move up but Clements isn't tied down to Kutztown and Lafayette isn't too far from Kutztown so it wouldn't be a huge move for his family if he took the job as it's about an hour drive.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X