Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

First time mighty Notre Dame and podunk IUP have ever been compared for attendance. Lol
    I wonder how we stack up with Fake Notre Dame?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I wonder how we stack up with Fake Notre Dame?
      We even have a nicer stadium than Fake ND.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Undergraduate enrollment doesn't really determine attendance since students are such a small portion of the tickets. Usually they're no more than 20%. Notre Dame has fewer students than IUP and look at their attendance year after year.
        All of which doesn't change the fact that Maryland doesn't draw well. Notre Dame's football program has been iconic to American Catholics for years. They have a nationwide following that is unique to a school their size. Huge state schools are generally going to draw a lot more fans than small private ones, and the fact that they have many more students and therefore many more alumni is certainly part of it. Twenty percent of Penn State's attendance is going to be a helluva lot more than 20 percent of Northwestern or Duke's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

All of which doesn't change the fact that Maryland doesn't draw well. Notre Dame's football program has been iconic to American Catholics for years. They have a nationwide following that is unique to a school their size. Huge state schools are generally going to draw a lot more fans than small private ones, and the fact that they have many more students and therefore many more alumni is certainly part of it. Twenty percent of Penn State's attendance is going to be a helluva lot more than 20 percent of Northwestern or Duke's.
          Correct. Penn State's student section holds about 20,000.

Comment

The punt gets all the talk from the Cal debacle, but if Irv catches that wide-open TD and IUP goes up 21 points ... TKO. Heck, one first down at the end there and it was over.

I remember vividly after the eventual punt block heard round Indiana ... knew it was over. I started walking out and by the time I got down to the bend Cal had scored right in front of me down there in the corner.

As a fan that was probably the most painful loss I can remember in that stadium. I never thought they'd actually lose to Edinboro a week later but I fully went in to that game expecting a lackluster performance. Irv missed that game and the offense couldn't move for long stretches.
            Irv Charles for how good he was, he had 3/4 wide open dropped TDs this past season. Two were big factors in losses.

Comment

Correct. Penn State's student section holds about 20,000.
              Why does anyone talk about Penn St. That University is a disgrace!

Comment

• Happy Bobby Bonilla Day

Comment

• One monkeypox case in Indiana County. Buckle up this will be an exciting fall at IUPoop!

Comment

One monkeypox case in Indiana County. Buckle up this will be an exciting fall at IUPoop!

Comment

One monkeypox case in Indiana County. Buckle up this will be an exciting fall at IUPoop!
                      Coming from a guy that wears a skirt!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Coming from a guy that wears a skirt!
                        Coming from a guy who cheers a team that can't punt!

Also, the difference between a kilt and a skirt is what's underneath.

Comment

We even have a nicer stadium than Fake ND.
                          Sadly, Fake ND might be one of the few SR1 stadiums outside of the NE-10 that are worse than Miller.
                          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Coming from a guy who cheers a team that can't punt!

Also, the difference between a kilt and a skirt is what's underneath.

Comment

• Tort is that you again? Repeating your pregame pep talk from the 2021 Edinboro game?

Comment

• But they could block a few punts.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X