Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
    [/I]

The band may not travel due to the weather.

I looked at tickets Monday before weather report, I think the GA tickets were a shade under 16, of course that include a hefty online fee

That online fee is a farce.

Both sides were slammed last week -- with no Mercyhurst band. The Lakers surprisingly traveled well down here. It was also Hall of Fame and Parents' Weekend ... so we had lots of one-timers in the stands. I think they announced around 5,500 or so. I suspect the same tomorrow but the 'something to do' crowd may shy off a bit with the weather.

To be honest, unless tomorrow is some fluke, the stadium is generally pretty empty until about 10-15 minutes prior to kickoff. The tailgate lot booms but those people tend to milk out every last minute before entering. The stadium gate will open at 1 p.m. tomorrow. However, I think the outdoor ticket booth opens at 12 p.m. If you are really early, you can also buy your tickets inside the KCAC at the main box office (right across parking lot from stadium).

It will be crowded but you won't have to camp out tonight for a ticket lol.

The biggest change is IUP moved the band back on to the home side (they used to be behind the endzone). So, by default a lot of IUP general admission fans now have to sit on the visiting side as the band now has 20% of the home side blocked.

Comment

• Here is an update via our esteemed Pick 'Em players:

Picking SRU - 16 participants
      Picking IUP - 13 participants

As for the over/under of 63.5 points:

8 picked OVER

21 picked UNDER

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That online fee is a farce.

Both sides were slammed last week -- with no Mercyhurst band. The Lakers surprisingly traveled well down here. It was also Hall of Fame and Parents' Weekend ... so we had lots of one-timers in the stands. I think they announced around 5,500 or so. I suspect the same tomorrow but the 'something to do' crowd may shy off a bit with the weather.

To be honest, unless tomorrow is some fluke, the stadium is generally pretty empty until about 10-15 minutes prior to kickoff. The tailgate lot booms but those people tend to milk out every last minute before entering. The stadium gate will open at 1 p.m. tomorrow. However, I think the outdoor ticket booth opens at 12 p.m. If you are really early, you can also buy your tickets inside the KCAC at the main box office (right across parking lot from stadium).

It will be crowded but you won't have to camp out tonight for a ticket lol.

The biggest change is IUP moved the band back on to the home side (they used to be behind the endzone). So, by default a lot of IUP general admission fans now have to sit on the visiting side as the band now has 20% of the home side blocked.
        Not to rub it in, I just checked and Slippery Rock only charges a 50-cent fee for online football ticket sales.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Not to rub it in, I just checked and Slippery Rock only charges a 50-cent fee for online football ticket sales.
          It doesn't bother me. I just get season tickets. I guess they assume milk out the visitors as that's likely who buys most online tickets.

Comment

It doesn't bother me. I just get season tickets. I guess they assume milk out the visitors as that's likely who buys most online tickets.
            Do parents of visiting teams still get free tickets or did that end?

Comment

• SRU student newspaper issued its yearly 'we hate IUP' article today. Probably not a coincidence no players were quoted this year.

It did harp on IUP celebrating after the win last year.

You know ... the same school that let "F IUP" chants go the whole first half got offended. Lol.

Comment

SRU student newspaper issued its yearly 'we hate IUP' article today. Probably not a coincidence no players were quoted this year.

You know ... the same school that let "F IUP" chants go the whole first half got offended. Lol.
                Was it written in crayon?

No matter what that school tries to do, they’ll be a poor copy of IUP.
                Last edited by IUPNation; 10-01-2022, 05:35 AM.

Comment

• If you have faith in hourly weather ... it's going to rain - at times heavily - for the entire game window today.

Comment

If you have faith in hourly weather ... it's going to rain - at times heavily - for the entire game window today.
                    So it’s a normal homecoming.

Comment

SRU student newspaper issued its yearly 'we hate IUP' article today. Probably not a coincidence no players were quoted this year.

I read that too. The writer says IUP stomped on the “S” logo on the field after the game. I was on the sideline and I didn’t remember that. I found the game broadcast on the PSAC site and scrubbed to the end.

it didn’t happen.

Worst thing was some guys boasting to the crowd. But no IUP player was anywhere near midfield when the game ended.
                      Last edited by Matt Burglund; 10-01-2022, 06:02 AM.
                      http://www.indianagazette.com
                      www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

I read that too. The writer says IUP stomped on the “S” logo on the field after the game. I was on the sideline and I didn’t remember that. I found the game broadcast on the PSAC site and scrubbed to the end.

it didn’t happen.

Worst thing was some guys boasting to the crowd. But no IUP player was anywhere near midfield when the game ended.
                        I was at the game and was 100% certain that never happened.

It was a fabricated story. Good storyline if you're into SRU fantasy fiction.

Sounds like The Rocket and Mini Me are dreaming things up. Video doesn't lie.

In fact, SRU stayed on the field and went down to its band.

Comment

• Will Tort bring in Chad Kuhn for the pregame pep talk today?

#handsomely

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

it didn’t happen.

You mean they lied?

::::clutching the pearls::::

Comment

I was at the game and was 100% certain that never happened.

It was a fabricated story. Good storyline if you're into SRU fantasy fiction.

Sounds like The Rocket and Mini Me are dreaming things up. Video doesn't lie.

In fact, SRU stayed on the field and went down to its band.
                              Nothing surprises me with those clowns from Slimy pebble.

Comment

• And y'all wonder why you lure out the trolls.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X