X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iupgh
    replied
    Originally posted by CUlater View Post

Here we go 🙄….no transfer on the planet can help this coaching staff get out of their own way. Let’s shut this down before it gets out of hand, again.
    I don’t even respond to the CU hater, that program is an embarrassment to the PSAC.

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

How old were the "old days?" We talking 30+ years ago?

Hype Train is officially in gear!
    No hype just facts. As far as solid defenses Tort I believe in 2012 was #1 ranked D in country lost heartbreaker in regional final to WSU.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Hopefully the upgrades up front - and a stronger, deeper group at LB - will give the DBs a nice boost.

At times last year (many times) IUP's pass rush didn't exist -- and the secondary got hung out to dry as a result.
    Agreed.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Not only is it an IUP thing, it's an IUP Boomer thing. Where were you in the early 90's?
    I was probably putting boogers on my bedroom wall at the start, and then discovering that girls weren't my mortal enemy by the end of it.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Not only is it an IUP thing, it's an IUP Boomer thing. Where were you in the early 90's?
    Hopefully the upgrades up front - and a stronger, deeper group at LB - will give the DBs a nice boost.

At times last year (many times) IUP's pass rush didn't exist -- and the secondary got hung out to dry as a result.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

Previous poster was saying the pass rush should resemble the old days, which is hype train stuff. The nostalgia of the early 90's run you guys had is now 30 years ago, which makes IUP fans sound eerily similar to Nebraska fans or even Miami Hurricanes fans (probably more appropriate).

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

...but it's not the Sherman's March To The Sea kind of Seasons Frank had from 87-94.

We will probably never see that kind of dominance in the Pee Sack ever again. The Godfather tried.....but they fizzled out even faster but at least they fizzled out on their own accord and not a Mon Valley U Rule.
    I am only focused on the 2024 season at this point. IUP seems to be acquiring both quality and depth on the defensive side. The defense looks promising where we did have question marks a while back. I think the secondary will finally live up to the, dare I say it, hype.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

IUP hasn't exactly been 'down' like this board would lead one to believe. Tort has won two of the past 5 conference titles, and won the Region in 2017.

No denying last year was a total travesty - on sooooooooo many levels. I suppose we are fortunate our disaster year was 6-5.

Who knows what lies ahead. I have a hunch they won't be a fun bunch to play against.
    ...but it's not the Sherman's March To The Sea kind of Seasons Frank had from 87-94.

We will probably never see that kind of dominance in the Pee Sack ever again. The Godfather tried.....but they fizzled out even faster but at least they fizzled out on their own accord and not a Mon Valley U Rule.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

...except their conferences didn't knee cap them to end their dominance. They were allowed to naturally regress like every dominant program does at some point for a period of time.

So our good old days might only have only ended 15-20 years ago after Frank retired on his terms.........
    IUP hasn't exactly been 'down' like this board would lead one to believe. Tort has won two of the past 5 conference titles, and won the Region in 2017.

No denying last year was a total travesty - on sooooooooo many levels. I suppose we are fortunate our disaster year was 6-5.

Who knows what lies ahead. I have a hunch they won't be a fun bunch to play against.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by CUlater View Post

For sure, I really like the Santos kid, he brings it. Anyway, that’s my off-season contribution. I’ll be back in the fall to harass all of you on my way to a 3rd consecutive pickem title. Have a great summer all
    CU later this year. I'll be ready.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Previous poster was saying the pass rush should resemble the old days, which is hype train stuff. The nostalgia of the early 90's run you guys had is now 30 years ago, which makes IUP fans sound eerily similar to Nebraska fans or even Miami Hurricanes fans (probably more appropriate).
    ...except their conferences didn't knee cap them to end their dominance. They were allowed to naturally regress like every dominant program does at some point for a period of time.

So our good old days might only have only ended 15-20 years ago after Frank retired on his terms.........

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

I could care less who is happy on here. This WAS a big weekend for the program, and the actual IUP fans on here should be excited. Tort added some D2-experienced guys in some positions of need -- guys who a lot of the other big boys in the Region also recruited.

IUP (and especially Tort) took its licks last year. Hopefully others enjoyed it. It won't last long.
    I'm all for there being real expectations for the team and program heading into the year. I'm just cautious in how this is all going to play out - but I want them to be an elite team. I wasn't at the spring game and there was no way to watch. A couple things can be true in discussions at a high level. On one hand this is a team with a lot coming back that is probably hungry. This is also mostly the same team as last year that melted down and collapsed after the timeout blunder. If it's the same team, coached by the same staff, that has already shown tendencies to be mentally fragile... I just hope they don't face significant adversity early in the year.

Regarding the team as a whole:

1. There OL simply has to be better than it was last year or no talk or hype will matter. It has to start and end with those guys up front.

2. Hunter didn't exactly impress anyone last year. I think much of that could have been due to the struggles of the OL, but he needs to elevate his play and be better individually. I recognize his game involves him being a dual-threat guy. But he needs to be a lot better throwing the ball downfield as well. And if that can't improve, and the OL isn't way better, I'm not sure how much better this team will be this year.

Here's hoping that what ailed them last year is out of the system and they have a great year.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied

Saying that it's a big day for Tort after signing 2 All-Conference players isn't what I would call "hype train" stuff. Maybe it should be downplayed to keep everybody happy.

I would like to know who the players are, though.

Leave a comment:

• CUlater
    replied

By July, IUP will be picked to win the SEC East.

Hype aside, they've added some studs via the portal this off-season.

I think Tort had a terrific haul (so far). They aren't done yet, either, from what I'm told.

He's without question got a ton of talent. The big question, however, is can he and this staff handle it.
    For sure, I really like the Santos kid, he brings it. Anyway, that’s my off-season contribution. I’ll be back in the fall to harass all of you on my way to a 3rd consecutive pickem title. Have a great summer all

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

This staff with a ton of talent is like a 16 year old driving a Ferrari..you know they can’t handle it and they will flip off the side of the road.
    I think there are certainly some issues -- and, game-day management is near the top of the list for sure.

Hopefully last year was the 'fluke' season of the Tort era.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X