Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrigan was the punter, the kicker McGonigle is back! Losing Monaco hurts, hurts really bad!! Bloom does have some decent talent coming back, if they win the close ones earlier in the year could have a nice year. The last 2 years they have lost to StoneHill and Fairmont in last seconds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

We are talking about losing players who won 10 games in the past 3 years. "There's such a thing as good grief. Just ask Charlie Brown." You can add the kicker Kevin Carrigan who had an offer from Valparasio.
      Sure, but the DBs aren’t really the reason why BU has only won 10 games in 3 years. They’ve generally been tougher to throw on than run on during Sheptock’s tenure. I won’t say McLeod will be definitely be a stud wherever he goes next but there’s enough track record of performance to make me think he’s not just a “good stats, bad team” type of guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

Sure, but the DBs aren’t really the reason why BU has only won 10 games in 3 years. They’ve generally been tougher to throw on than run on during Sheptock’s tenure. I won’t say McLeod will be definitely be a stud wherever he goes next but there’s enough track record of performance to make me think he’s not just a “good stats, bad team” type of guy.
        I agree I think Nadir was fairy good for the Huskies and was surprised after earning a starting job as a true freshman he didn’t enter the portal after 2021. 1 year of eligibility and the desire to complete your football career with a winning program had to be on his mind and I can’t blame him. Curious to see where he lands as most likely it’ll be a playoff bound PSAC team unless he decides to drop down to D3 and join a playoff team like Delaware Valley or Susquehanna.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

He reportedly was getting looks from the NFL scouts along with Gaskill, and had 14 tackles and team leading 8 pass breakups. If he leaves, next man up, and there were 23 DBs on last year's roster. DB Ford-Cherry was in the portal a couple of years ago, didn't leave, and is back, so who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futurelooksbright View Post
            Carrigan was the punter, the kicker McGonigle is back! Losing Monaco hurts, hurts really bad!! Bloom does have some decent talent coming back, if they win the close ones earlier in the year could have a nice year. The last 2 years they have lost to StoneHill and Fairmont in last seconds.
            Carrigan did all the kickoffs too.

Comment

• I luv that this string has took a turn to a discussion about Bloom football and I'm sure a 2024 expectations string will pop up soon.

But if we are staying to the topic ..yes ..Huskies have lost some players to the portal but IMO the players still there will pick up the production to equal if not out perform the players who left.

Comment

• Shippensburg's spring roster shows three QBs: Sam Stoner, Joey McCracken and redshirt freshman Riley Gunnels.

Gone are Sam Johnson III and Evan Falco. No idea where they landed.

All-conference PK Jaxson Montross is also gone. He had junior eligibility last year, but his Twitter/X profile says, "Ship football alum."

Comment

• Jackson Montross graduated in December per Ship's list of graduates. Falco is "locked In" at Lock Haven.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Word is Washington will return to DB this Fall.
                    Notre Ohio shuttering its doors June 1. U would think IUP will be on that roster like a cheap suit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Notre Ohio shuttering its doors June 1. U would think IUP will be on that roster like a cheap suit.
                      You'd think but I'd guess Tort is nearing his salary cap. Perhaps they can get creative or make another quick fundraising push with a couple of the heavy donors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

That’s astonishing. They had less than 1,700 students. I didn’t realize it was that small. They had 25 athletic teams, 11 men’s and 14 women’s. Everyone on campus must have been an athlete!

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                          Shippensburg's spring roster shows three QBs: Sam Stoner, Joey McCracken and redshirt freshman Riley Gunnels.

Gone are Sam Johnson III and Evan Falco. No idea where they landed.

All-conference PK Jaxson Montross is also gone. He had junior eligibility last year, but his Twitter/X profile says, "Ship football alum."
                          Freshman QB Vince Micucci from suburban Philly arrives in the fall with Mac's huge recruiting class. Given McCracken's injury history, they'll probably want all the QBs they can get.

Comment

• The second phase of the transfer season is upon us.

The Spring transfers are usually an interesting bunch -- disgruntled by apparent depth charts, academic casualties, etc. And, of course, we typically see many older players realizing the team they just went through the Spring session with won't be any good in the Fall, and they want to upgrade. It's also a time for coaches to cut some dead weight.

I'd assume we'll start seeing some heavy movement.

Comment

• Edinboro TE Aaron Hopkins went into the portal a few months ago. Picked up several D2 offers and then...gets an offer from Marshall. This portal is wild.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShipAlum View Post
                                Jackson Montross graduated in December per Ship's list of graduates. Falco is "locked In" at Lock Haven.
                                From the account I read about the LHU Spring game, Falco was the star and appears to be the projected starter for '24.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X