Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Programs evolve... especially when the coach that prescribed previously to that ideology hasn't been there in over a decade. If you aren't looking at transfers as a major part of your recruiting portfolio now, you won't be successful. Every program who is looking to win the conference/region and compete nationally is doing this or attempting to do it.
    Dr. Evil should still apologize for demonizing IUP because they brought in transfers…his homegrown way was the only way.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

That’s bad..losing players to Lock Haven.
      Well, I'd say Ship wasn't the only one since Lock Haven built last year's team on a horde of transfers. They must have gotten some money up there, because I sure fail to see the attraction. As for Flaco, Shippensburg had four guys in the QB room who have started and all want to play. There was no way all four of them were going to stay.

Comment

That’s bad..losing players to Lock Haven.
        LHU appears to be really hitting New York state hard - all parts - metro NYC, western NY, central NY. These are areas that are untapped as far as PSAC recruiting. I saw LHU also got a transfer from Clarion, also. Can't remember the position. I think it was a defensive player.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

LHU appears to be really hitting New York state hard - all parts - metro NYC, western NY, central NY. These are areas that are untapped as far as PSAC recruiting. I saw LHU also got a transfer from Clarion, also. Can't remember the position. I think it was a defensive player.
          Edinboro has long recruited WNY. I think the rest of the conference recruiting there is somewhat new. Weird that the Erie and Cleveland schools don't recruit there more, they're more accessible.

Also strange how hard the PSAC East schools are recruiting the WPIAL. I've seen several offers each from Lock Haven, Shippensburg, and Millersville offers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Well, I'd say Ship wasn't the only one since Lock Haven built last year's team on a horde of transfers. They must have gotten some money up there, because I sure fail to see the attraction. As for Flaco, Shippensburg had four guys in the QB room who have started and all want to play. There was no way all four of them were going to stay.
            It's a double-edged sword. Transfers will work some years. Other years they will be cancers and you won't be able to wait until they are gone.

They are all shiny, brand new pennies. Unfortunately, once about half of them arrive, you realize you just bought somebody else's problem.

The most attractive transfers at this level, my opinion, are juniors who got stuck on a bad team for several years. They excelled despite a lack of talent. They seem to be the most 'bought in' and don't pi$$ and moan from the start.

The whole transfer palooza is going to slow down a bit after this upcoming season. They'll still exist but not nearly as many.

I do agree, though, that if you aren't in the transfer game you'll be quickly irrelevant. It's the quickest fix and so alluring that these staffs go crazy.

In three weeks we'll all get excited about our high school signing hauls. Most will sign, say, 25 players. Problem is the earliest any of them see the field is likely 2025. Come next November, you'll be lucky to still have 15 of them. Some will just stink and classify as misses. One will be an academic disaster. Several will listen to Uncle Jimmy and leave in a tirade because they were redshirted. Homegrown rosters have massive advantages. But, they are pretty rare these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Programs evolve... especially when the coach that prescribed previously to that ideology hasn't been there in over a decade. If you aren't looking at transfers as a major part of your recruiting portfolio now, you won't be successful. Every program who is looking to win the conference/region and compete nationally is doing this or attempting to do it.
              You also have to pivot and adapt because your own players are now looking to "get theirs." And for many guys from this level going to a MAC school, they think that $2,500 picture they pose for outside of Bob's Pizza is life-changing money. Regardless.. Given the one-time transfer there will be guys leaving your program as well. I don't advocate for relying on the portal to recruit, necessarily, but it's necessary to fill out your roster.

Comment

...but going from Ship to Lock Haven is still a downgrade in my book.

Comment

That's one downside of Ship having 34 QBs on the roster. Lol. They can't all play.

Star WR leaving probably didn't help, either.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That's one downside of Ship having 34 QBs on the roster. Lol. They can't all play.

Star WR leaving probably didn't help, either.
                    I think Flaco was in the portal before the news about Douglas came out, so that might or might not have made a difference. And actually Ship has needed most of that QB room the past couple of seasons with McCracken seemingly unable to avoid injury and a lengthy injury stint for Johnson at another point. No matter who stayed or left, there was no way one or more of those four guys were not entering the portal. It'll be interesting to see how that shakes out. That's Ian Sheehan, Khalid Dorsey, and now Douglass lost in the past couple of seasons, along with one of the best d-lineman on what was a pretty good unit last year. Unless Mac pulls off a big haul, the Raiders are at the lowest ebb they've been in quite a while.

Comment

Well, as far as football goes they beat Ship for the first time years last season, so we'll see.

Comment

I think Flaco was in the portal before the news about Douglas came out, so that might or might not have made a difference. And actually Ship has needed most of that QB room the past couple of seasons with McCracken seemingly unable to avoid injury and a lengthy injury stint for Johnson at another point. No matter who stayed or left, there was no way one or more of those four guys were not entering the portal. It'll be interesting to see how that shakes out. That's Ian Sheehan, Khalid Dorsey, and now Douglass lost in the past couple of seasons, along with one of the best d-lineman on what was a pretty good unit last year. Unless Mac pulls off a big haul, the Raiders are at the lowest ebb they've been in quite a while.
                        You have to win. Every game. Or guys transfer. And everyone starts. All 100 players. Or guys transfer. Roster fluidity is something we should get used to.

Comment

• of the 13 comitts for Gannon as of this time 10 are xfrs 3 are true FR
                          2 are FCS
                          7 are D2
                          1 is JCC
                          3 are true FR and loosin10 to the portal 4 areGrads

Comment

Dr. Evil should still apologize for demonizing IUP because they brought in transfers…his homegrown way was the only way.
                            It still wouldn't shut you up... Seriously. Then you'd b*tch about how long it took for them to apologize. Stop playing the victim. It's beneath grandeur of IUP...
                            Last edited by WarriorVoice; 01-14-2024, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• Shepherd nabs a DL transfer from Delaware. Brett Kwoka 6'2" 260 lbs, looks like 3 years eligibility remaining. Had offers from Kutztown, Ship and St Anselm according to his twitter page.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

It still wouldn't shut you up... Seriously. Then you'd b*tch about how long it took for them to apologize. Stop playing the victim. It's beneath grandeur of IUP...
                                1. I will never shut up when IUP was wronged. I will never condone the poor sport behavior of Dr Evil towards Frank. I will never condone the poor sport behavior of Scoreboardgate at East Dennyburg. You accuse IUP of everything under the sun and you want me to stop harping on the bad behavior lobbed our way? Not a chance. Slimey and East Dennyburg are the Pee Sack's Gruesome Twosome of Hypocritical Self Righteousness and as long as I;m around...the reminders will always be there.

2. Did East Dennyburg ever apologize?

3. I'll stop playing the victim when you stop hating on IUP and spewing your baseless accusations like they trashed your visiting locker room located in Stroudsburg. Either bring the receipts or shut up.

4. Everyone is beneath the grandeur of IUP. :-)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X