Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

3-8 last season and have lost their best offensive player, a starting o-lineman, and a standout d-lineman to the portal so far. You're being very generous about the "rivalry" with Shepherd, whom I don't think we've beaten since before they joined the PSAC. Mac will either have to improve his existing personnel or bring in a host of new talent to even sniff .500.
    Yes, Shepherd has a streak going in the rivalry, but the games are back and forth mostly. Ship still owns the all time series it looks like at 29-24.
    32-30 in 2019
    30-13 in 2022
    30-23 in 2023

They are mostly competitive games. Millersville and Bloom lost similar players as well, LH will need to prove they can sustain mediocrity, AIC traditionally is average to below average. It's not a crazy thought to think 5-6 or 6-5. I'd expect Ship to be 2-0 to start the year against AIC/Clarion at the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
      Shepherd will be playing at SCSU again on Thursday September 5th. A bit anticlimactic, but at least they got one scheduled I guess.

SCSU seems to be improving though, started the year 0-4 and finished 4-6 with a win over Assumption. Assumption beat Kutztown in the season opener, so maybe it will be a pretty good opponent. That's what I'll tell myself.
      SCSU was up on the Rams 26-20 with under 1:30 left in the game at Ram Stadium last year. I almost didn’t go to the game figuring it was going to be an uninteresting blowout like up at New Haven.

The Owls proved to be a worthy opponent last year.

Comment

Yes, Shepherd has a streak going in the rivalry, but the games are back and forth mostly. Ship still owns the all time series it looks like at 29-24.
        32-30 in 2019
        30-13 in 2022
        30-23 in 2023

They are mostly competitive games. Millersville and Bloom lost similar players as well, LH will need to prove they can sustain mediocrity, AIC traditionally is average to below average. It's not a crazy thought to think 5-6 or 6-5. I'd expect Ship to be 2-0 to start the year against AIC/Clarion at the least.
        Ship is losing two of their best offensive players from the bottom-ranked offense in the PSAC and has played musical chairs, some of it forced by injury, at QB for the past two years. Unless they get in some good transfers or have a nice recruiting class, there is no reason to expect a lot from that unit next season.

It's not "crazy" to think 5-6, but there's no way they go 6-5 without huge improvement combined with a competitive drop from the likes of Slippery Rock, Kutztown, Shepherd, etc., that I don't see coming.

Ship isn't quite 0 for the 21st century against Shepherd, but it's getting close in recent years. Most of their series lead was built years ago. As for close losses, well there is the old adage about horseshoes and hand grenades.

Comment

Originally posted by ShepAlum View Post

SCSU was up on the Rams 26-20 with under 1:30 left in the game at Ram Stadium last year. I almost didn’t go to the game figuring it was going to be an uninteresting blowout like up at New Haven.

The Owls proved to be a worthy opponent last year.
          Rams had a compliance fiasco that cost them 6-8 starters that game.

Comment

Rams had a compliance fiasco that cost them 6-8 starters that game.
            The compliance situation was horrible and remained with the team all season. There were players who never made it to the field last season due to that lady's utter incompetence.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

The compliance situation was horrible and remained with the team all season. There were players who never made it to the field last season due to that lady's utter incompetence.
              Did any of the players file a lawsuit?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Did any of the players file a lawsuit?
                I'm not sure. I do know when she was confronted about it, instead of trying to help she just quit and left a mess. This was all discovered right before the football season began. If any of those players had played, Shepherd would've had to forfeit. And some of them didn't get cleared for weeks or even months, if at all.

Comment

I'm not sure. I do know when she was confronted about it, instead of trying to help she just quit and left a mess. This was all discovered right before the football season began. If any of those players had played, Shepherd would've had to forfeit. And some of them didn't get cleared for weeks or even months, if at all.
                  They weren't scrubs either, they were legit starters and featured players on both sides of the ball. Lost our best pass rusher for the season, and our #1 WR was delayed 2-3 games from getting started. Was kind of surprised it didn't result in some transfers.

Comment

They weren't scrubs either, they were legit starters and featured players on both sides of the ball. Lost our best pass rusher for the season, and our #1 WR was delayed 2-3 games from getting started. Was kind of surprised it didn't result in some transfers.
                    Yep! That lady should never have any type of administrative job ever again.

Comment

Athletics compliance requires so much attention to detail that there is really a certain personality type to do the job effectively. It has become so complex but its still considered an entry level job at this level beyond coaching or sports information.

Comment

Lenoir Rhyne advertising that they need a Week 0 or Week 1 game.

Comment

Lock Haven week 1 announcement.

https://twitter.com/CaryMoyer/status...448473349?s=19

Comment

Good opponent for Lock Haven if they can avoid backsliding into the trash heap. Reasonably beatable but also probably won't annihilate their strength of schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskie14 View Post
                              That’s not a bad game for The Haven.

Comment

KU will play Assumption (*sigh* again) in week 1 at KU. This time though, it will be a Thursday night game

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X