Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MaroonJackRabbits View Post

Well here is my thinking... With the addition of UST they will have 10 teams, a solid even number. Unless Western is serious about dropping to D2 for financial reasons it makes no sense for the Summit League to add an 11th member and once again have an unbalanced league right away. And like I said, I think it tables the Augie talks for a few years. I wasn't implying that it doesn't happen just that the addition of UST delays any addition of Augie for the a few years (I think 5+ personally).
    It was my understanding that there are other members of the Summit that are on shaky grounds or looking for other conferences. I would think the Summit league would be happy to have Augustana and will be part of the league soon. Does UST have some hurdles unknown to go from D3 to D1.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

It was my understanding that there are other members of the Summit that are on shaky grounds or looking for other conferences. I would think the Summit league would be happy to have Augustana and will be part of the league soon. Does UST have some hurdles unknown to go from D3 to D1.
      The NCAA requires a stop at the D-II level if you are a D-III going D-I. I can't remember for sure, but for some reason 5 or 6 years is stuck in my mind. But, they are petitioning the NCAA to waive that rule since they were "involuntarily removed" from the MIAC.
      Millsy

Comment

• Originally posted by Millsy View Post

The NCAA requires a stop at the D-II level if you are a D-III going D-I. I can't remember for sure, but for some reason 5 or 6 years is stuck in my mind. But, they are petitioning the NCAA to waive that rule since they were "involuntarily removed" from the MIAC.
        Double your last number

Comment

• Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

Double your last number
          Thanks. Now I wonder what I was thinking of.....
          Millsy

Comment

• Comment

• The attendance for UST at Augsburg was 200. This week the Toms will play in front of 20k at Allianz Field. SJU will fill 70% of the stadium, but what a wonderful rivalry!

Comment

• Originally posted by StateU View Post
                The attendance for UST at Augsburg was 200. This week the Toms will play in front of 20k at Allianz Field. SJU will fill 70% of the stadium, but what a wonderful rivalry!
                Looking forward to the game tomorrow I will be sitting with a Johnnie and Tommie grad so that should be fun. I like looking at the other MIAC schools Football attendance numbers for when they host St. Johns its a pretty big spike compared to other games. I also believe that UST uses this game for home attendance numbers since they will be the "home" team, I'm fairly certain they used the Target Field game numbers two years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

Looking forward to the game tomorrow I will be sitting with a Johnnie and Tommie grad so that should be fun. I like looking at the other MIAC schools Football attendance numbers for when they host St. Johns its a pretty big spike compared to other games. I also believe that UST uses this game for home attendance numbers since they will be the "home" team, I'm fairly certain they used the Target Field game numbers two years ago.
                  Enjoy the game! I've been to Allianz for a MN United game, and it's a beautiful stadium. It's gonna get loud when the Johnnies are on defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by StateU View Post

Enjoy the game! I've been to Allianz for a MN United game, and it's a beautiful stadium. It's gonna get loud when the Johnnies are on defense.
                    Thank you, I'm not a soccer fan so this will probably be my only time in the stadium but I am excited to see it in person.

Comment

• Johnnies beat the Tommies.

Comment

• Johnnie's win 38-20. With 2 losses UST may struggle to get in the playoffs.

Comment

• Star*Tribune article about UST having a partner in Augie to move up.

http://www.startribune.com/st-thomas...n-i/564636222/

Comment

• NCAA decision on UST might come in January.

https://www.tommiemedia.com/news/est...i-institution/

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
                              NCAA decision on UST might come in January.

https://www.tommiemedia.com/news/est...i-institution/

Comment

• http://www.startribune.com/switch-to...-it/567150502/

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X