Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• His emergence is a nice surprise. I have some sympathy for Demo, this is his final year of BB, when he came to IUP he was dominating before his knee injury. He took a year to rehab, and then the covid year to wiat to play 1 more season. I'd like to see him have a few more good games, but I'm sure getting the intensity at this point would be hard for anyone.

TS is the future, which is pretty rosey, seeing that the entire starting 5 is probably returning next year, and Shawndale is back. Giving everyone enough minutes might be a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

His emergence is a nice surprise. I have some sympathy for Demo, this is his final year of BB, when he came to IUP he was dominating before his knee injury. He took a year to rehab, and then the covid year to wiat to play 1 more season. I'd like to see him have a few more good games, but I'm sure getting the intensity at this point would be hard for anyone.

TS is the future, which is pretty rosey, seeing that the entire starting 5 is probably returning next year, and Shawndale is back. Giving everyone enough minutes might be a problem.
      Joe has another stud forward stashed away on the bench. Damir Brooks, currently taking a redshirt, is a beast.

They also have WPIAL star Dolan Waldo (6'7" small forward) already signed, although I'd assume he'll redshirt next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

His emergence is a nice surprise. I have some sympathy for Demo, this is his final year of BB, when he came to IUP he was dominating before his knee injury. He took a year to rehab, and then the covid year to wiat to play 1 more season. I'd like to see him have a few more good games, but I'm sure getting the intensity at this point would be hard for anyone.

Is the entire starting 5 coming back next year???

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Is the entire starting 5 coming back next year???
          I sure hope so. I'll leave it at that.

Comment

• Last night was IUP's third dramatic comeback this year.

In the Angelo Dome, IUP trailed by 18 in the first half. Won by 13.

At Slippery Rock, IUP trailed by 15 in the first half. Won by 5

Last night, California raced off to a 15 point lead. IUP won by 8.

In all three of those games, it appeared IUP was going to get run out of the building 10 minutes in to each.

What do you experts think the snag has been with IUP getting in to these deep holes? The comebacks are exciting, sure, but they don't last forever. Sooner or later, it's not going to happen.

My observations:

* The game at SRU, the Rock just couldn't miss a shot for the first 7 minutes. There was no way they were going to stay that hot, and, sure enough, they went through a cold stretch.

* Both Cal games, the Vulcans looked like a P5 D1 team for the first 9-10 minutes. I mean, incredible play. IUP eventually really ramped up the defense, and in both games, Cal seemed to change their style a bit once they got the big lead. I knew when IUP cut it to four at halftime last night they had them. IUP has been an incredible second half team. Just wondering about the first half (of the first half) in some of these games ... reminds me of a boxer who doesn't get fired up until he's been hit a few times. I know Joe's mentioned the need to start games with more fire and intensity many times this year on the radio and on his show at the Hilton.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              Last night was IUP's third dramatic comeback this year.

In all three of those games, it appeared IUP was going to get run out of the building 10 minutes in to each.

What do you experts think the snag has been with IUP getting in to these deep holes? The comebacks are exciting, sure, but they don't last forever. Sooner or later, it's not going to happen.

My observations:

* The game at SRU, the Rock just couldn't miss a shot for the first 7 minutes. There was no way they were going to stay that hot, and, sure enough, they went through a cold stretch.

* Both Cal games, the Vulcans looked like a P5 D1 team for the first 9-10 minutes. I mean, incredible play. IUP eventually really ramped up the defense, and in both games, Cal seemed to change their style a bit once they got the big lead. I knew when IUP cut it to four at halftime last night they had them. IUP has been an incredible second half team. Just wondering about the first half (of the first half) in some of these games ... reminds me of a boxer who doesn't get fired up until he's been hit a few times. I know Joe's mentioned the need to start games with more fire and intensity many times this year on the radio and on his show at the Hilton.

Comment

Last night was IUP's third dramatic comeback this year.

My observations:

Comment

• Nice 'Hawk Talk' show last night with Joe and Jack over at the Hilton. Armoni was the guest. It's nice they have players occasionally. Armoni is very well-spoken and humble.

Jack asked about Demo near the end. No timetable was provided although Joe seemed to at least hint that his return was nearing (in a small capacity).

Great story about how they found Tomiwa. Long story short he wasn't the one they were there to watch. Funny how that works out sometimes.

Comment

• No Polce or Demo today. That won't help.

Comment

• Best part of broadcast is GU doesn't realize they have a live mic on breaks.

Comment

• Joe up 27-15 and heading for a 1-and-1. Timeout.

3:40 left first half.

Comment

• IUP 35
                          Gannon 21

Half

Comment

• Joe had a lineup in the first half featuring Radford, Diop and KJ. In November, those were players 8, 9 and 10. Add to it Dillard started, and he was a redshirt for the first 7 games.

Quite a season.

Gannon also has at least (3) out today.

This is like half JV and half Varsity.

Comment

IUP 35
                              Gannon 21

Half

Comment

• What's the deal with that giant GU has? He only played about 5 mins at the KCAC. That dude is enormous. I think they list him at 7'0, 270 lbs.

GU is wracking up fouls. He may get a long stretch these next 20 minutes. He looks decent in short spurts.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X