Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Well this is weird. What is going on at the Rock?

https://careers.sru.edu/postings/6396
    Wow.

Maybe Grady upset Till, too?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Wow.

Maybe Grady upset Till, too?
      Candidates, please ?

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Candidates, please ?
        Probably isn't gonna work to #FreeKevinReynolds this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Candidates, please ?
          Beats me.

FS82: Is this one of those 'procedural' things where they have to open the job in his contract year? If memory serves me correctly they only gave him a one-year deal when they lifted the interim tag mid-way last season.

If it's not just a procedural item and he really is gone ... that's shocking. No idea what happens behind closed doors but, man, they seemed to have a whole new (positive) identity under Grady. I always questioned how you could just fire KR for a laundry list of items yet his long-time assistant was given a free pass?

I know they are having a pretty down (.500 type) season, but you'd surely expect he'd get at least two years.

As for candidates ... who knows. SRU is a nice job. The facilities are kind of blah but it's a nice town, growing enrollment, etc.

And, before IUP24 starts the campaign, ... #FREEKEVINREYNOLDS is not coming back. LOL.

Here's a candidate: John Reilly (that would be fantastic ... a great hire)

Comment

• There's only one guy for this job... #FreeKevinReynolds

Comment

• I've heard that Butler County Correctional has a decent rec team. Maybe they can give that guy a call?

Comment

Beats me.

FS82: Is this one of those 'procedural' things where they have to open the job in his contract year? If memory serves me correctly they only gave him a one-year deal when they lifted the interim tag mid-way last season.

If it's not just a procedural item and he really is gone ... that's shocking. No idea what happens behind closed doors but, man, they seemed to have a whole new (positive) identity under Grady. I always questioned how you could just fire KR for a laundry list of items yet his long-time assistant was given a free pass?

I know they are having a pretty down (.500 type) season, but you'd surely expect he'd get at least two years.

As for candidates ... who knows. SRU is a nice job. The facilities are kind of blah but it's a nice town, growing enrollment, etc.

And, before IUP24 starts the campaign, ... #FREEKEVINREYNOLDS is not coming back. LOL.

Here's a candidate: John Reilly (that would be fantastic ... a great hire)
                I came back on here to share that. I ran it by someone and that's what they guessed. Without an announcement its probably safe to assume as much. Kinda like periodic posting of high school coaching positions.

Comment

I came back on here to share that. I ran it by someone and that's what they guessed. Without an announcement its probably safe to assume as much. Kinda like periodic posting of high school coaching positions.
                  I thought he was only named him interim coach and then they gave him a full year. So it could just be procedural because after a termination or resignation, a job has to be posted. So this would be the posting after Reynolds (since they never did).

Also very well could be Rock wanting to bait the line and see if anything better bites.

Comment

• Updated Women's Standings
                    WEST PSAC OVERALL STREAK
                    IUP* 17-1 22-2 W1
                    Gannon* 15-4 19-6 L1
                    Edinboro* 12-6 14-8 W2
                    California 11-7 17-7 L1
                    UPJ 9-10 14-11 W1
                    Seton Hill 7-11 13-11 L1
                    Mercyhurst 7-11 7-17 L1
                    Slippery Rock 6-13 8-17 W2
                    Clarion 2-17 4-21 L4
                    EAST PSAC OVERALL STREAK
                    Shippensburg* 15-4 18-7 W5
                    Shepherd* 12-6 18-6 L1
                    East Stroudsburg* 12-6 16-8 W2
                    Kutztown* 12-6 15-9 W1
                    Bloomsburg 9-10 12-11 W2
                    Lock Haven 8-10 11-12 L2
                    West Chester 6-12 8-15 L3
                    Millersville 5-14 8-16 W1
                    Mansfield 1-18 3-22 L14

Comment

• The Ian Grady item did bring up an inevitable point as we approach March. Many teams in the league are about to call it quits soon.

So, who could be sitting on that yearly perch known as the hot seat?

Top candidates:

John Sanow / Bloomsburg - Back-to-back dreadful seasons not a good sign for a long-tenured coach

Pat Cleary / Edinboro - One season above .500 in past 5 years

Bobby McGraw / Slippery Rock (women's) - His record speaks for itself

Top candidates to move up a level (if interested):

Danny Sancomb - He's younger than you realize. He wanted the Youngstown State job a couple years ago. His lightning fast turnaround at Cal surely isn't going unnoticed.

Chris Fite - He has the perfect resume for a mid-major program -- professional playing career mixed with an incredible rebuild of a pretty dreadful program.

Comment

The Ian Grady item did bring up an inevitable point as we approach March. Many teams in the league are about to call it quits soon.

So, who could be sitting on that yearly perch known as the hot seat?

Top candidates:

John Sanow / Bloomsburg - Back-to-back dreadful seasons not a good sign for a long-tenured coach

Pat Cleary / Edinboro - One season above .500 in past 5 years

Bobby McGraw / Slippery Rock (women's) - His record speaks for itself

Top candidates to move up a level (if interested):

Danny Sancomb - He's younger than you realize. He wanted the Youngstown State job a couple years ago. His lightning fast turnaround at Cal surely isn't going unnoticed.

Chris Fite - He has the perfect resume for a mid-major program -- professional playing career mixed with an incredible rebuild of a pretty dreadful program.

Coach Fite certainly seems to be planning on spending the next season at Ship. He's very active on the recruiting trail right now.

Comment

• I believe Cleary is under contract for a few more years so it wouldn't make financial sense to make a change. And to be honest, he's got just 4 scholarships for basketball - lowest in the West - plus a crap facility so he's really just playing to par for what he has.

Comment

I believe Cleary is under contract for a few more years so it wouldn't make financial sense to make a change. And to be honest, he's got just 4 scholarships for basketball - lowest in the West - plus a crap facility so he's really just playing to par for what he has.

Comment

Well this is weird. What is going on at the Rock?

https://careers.sru.edu/postings/6396
                              Is it customary to only have a 3 week window for resume submission, while the season is still in progress? Job posted on Feb17 and resumes for full consideration must be received by Mar 6.

Comment

• Haven't seen 18-19 or 19-20 numbers, but in 17-18 Clarion was at 4.91 and Edinboro was at 4.33.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X