Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few signings popped up over the weekend:

SG Mekhi Reynolds (Shaler) is headed to Clarion.

PG Colin McQuiston (Shenango) to Slippery Rock.

PG Andy Zuchelli (North Star) to UPJ.

Comment

• Edinboro signs Tyler Fritz, a three-time all-state PG from Marian Catholic. 6-3, 30 PPG, school's all-time leading scorer.

https://www.tnonline.com/20200513/ma...ro-university/
      Last edited by Fightingscot82; 05-13-2020, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Notre Dame (OH) snagged Westmont Hilltop (Johnstown, PA) guard Ashton Fortson.

No idea how he escaped the PSAC.

Comment

• Recent Seton Hill grad Nathan Davis has signed to play professionally in Germany.

It was kind of a shame for him to get stuck on a total rebuild last year. He would have been a much bigger star on a good team. He still had a pretty good season despite being the sole focus of other teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Holy Smokes

Pat Cleary recruiting a post player?
            I have some high hopes for Edinboro this coming year. If they can stay healthy and get some leadership from Simpson, I think they can make a run.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I have some high hopes for Edinboro this coming year. If they can stay healthy and get some leadership from Simpson, I think they can make a run.
              From what I see as of now ...

1. IUP - Joe's loaded, big and deep. But, 'deep' never seems to work on Redshirt Road.
              2. Mercyhurst - The Lake Show will be a problem this season
              3. UPJ - All but Josh Wise returns. But, Wise is a really big loss.
              4. California - Lost a good bit to the transfer portal but has a good bit back in the rotation
              5. Gannon - Strong, big class coming in ... but took some major losses to graduation and with Webb transferring.
              6. Slippery Rock - The Micah Till era is finally over. A strong group of transfers is headed to town.
              7. Edinboro - Simpson will get his ... but others need to get theirs, too.
              8. Seton Hill - Nathan Davis is gone, but last year's (basically) all freshmen team will be a year older
              9. Clarion - Looks like another long year in Tippin Gymnasium.

Comment

• Mercyhurst's roster has posted. They have some big boys this year -- including the return of their star import who missed all of last season due to injury.

Gary also signed a 6'9", 290 lb enforcer. They will be problematic again this year after last year's reboot.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  Mercyhurst's roster has posted. They have some big boys this year -- including the return of their star import who missed all of last season due to injury.

Gary also signed a 6'9", 290 lb enforcer. They will be problematic again this year after last year's reboot.
                  He's big but he's not that athletic.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

He's big but he's not that athletic.
                    I see him as the guy off the bench to cause issues in spurts. Those monsters can be really effective in that Mercyhurst defense. Gary is pretty loaded up this year. I don't think Joe has a gimme.

Comment

• I heard the original title was Goon Pod.

https://gofightingscots.com/news/202...st-series.aspx

Comment

I heard the original title was Goon Pod.

https://gofightingscots.com/news/202...st-series.aspx
                        He should have had Dante Lombardi. Lol

Comment

• Edinboro retired the number of women's all-time leading scorer Michaela Barnes on what should have been Homecoming weekend.

Comment

Edinboro retired the number of women's all-time leading scorer Michaela Barnes on what should have been Homecoming weekend.
                            She was a baller for sure.

How about my man Staunch? Surely not many in Edinboro history could have earned more varsity letters?

Comment

• In a very interesting turn of events, Dom Keyes is listed on the Edinboro roster.

He hasn't played in years, but that's potentially a very big signing for the Scots. He's listed as a Junior.

Keyes was highly-recruited coming out of Steel Valley. He played his freshman year at UPJ and then transferred to a MD JUCO. IUP then signed him and, shockingly, redshirted him. The following year he was suspended from the program. Last year he sat out.

If he's still in shape, etc., that's a really good signing. Keyes can play -- particularly on the defensive end (a place Cleary's teams are usually non-existent).

On paper, anyway, Edinboro looks much better than a year ago. Add in Slippery Rock transfer Deontae Robertson along with Niagara transfer Kierell Green and hyped-up freshman Nick Everett ... things are looking up.

Comment

• The West is going to be pretty strong this year (assuming there is a 'this year').

IUP and Mercyhurst are both loaded up. Both return a ton and also added strong pieces. Both also return a star player who missed last season.

California lost a key transfer for the second straight year but returns a strong core. The Vulcans are solid players 1-5. Players 6-8 will tell the tale.

Gannon is a wild card of sorts. A lot of new faces but it appears they signed a really good class of freshmen and transfers. Lots of size. On paper this looks like some of Kevin Reynold's old teams ... big dudes. The Knights ruffled some feathers last year and had some altercations with Cal and UPJ. This could be the new persona in Erie.

UPJ lost Josh Wise but returns everybody else. Wise is a major loss in that offense as he demanded so much attention. But, UPJ will do what they do -- play smart and fluid. Always a tough out.

Slippery Rock begins the post-Till era. No roster posted yet. Hard to say what to expect here.

As mentioned in the previous post, Edinboro should be much better. It's not likely a roster in contention to win the West, but they will be a much tougher team this year.

Seton Hill is actually back to life. The (essentially) all-freshmen team of a year ago is now all a year older. The Griffins have a nice core in big men Marrek Paola (6'10") and Jimmy Moon (7'0) along with guard Drew Green. Green, my opinion, has star potential as a speedy, 6'5" guard. The two bigs are going to be a twin towers moving forward as they develop. They did a total rebuild last year -- and it was painful. But brighter days are ahead.

Clarion returns the big fella, Godspower (6'10", 280 lbs). He'll get his 20 points and 15 rebounds a game. Will he have much help, though? Mason Mraz returns and is a solid guard. But, the Golden Eagles are very young this year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X