1) Cal
    2) Gannon
    3) Clarion
    4) Hurst
    5) IUP
    6) Slippery Rock
    7) Seton Hill
    8) Edinboro
    There’s no chance Clarion finishes 3rd. Also Gannon has like 4 players, so that’s a lot of confidence in Fee’s ability to put together a team in May. Their talent was not very good last year though, so losing everybody doesn’t really hurt. Omajafo has talent, so if they keep him that’s a plus. But I don’t see how Fee is going to put together a roster that comes in 2nd in the PSAC West unless he’s a wonder kid.

1) Cal
    2) IUP
    3) Hurst
    4) Slippery Rock
    5) Seton Hill
    6) Gannon
    7) UPJ
    8) Clarion
    9) Edinboro

That’s how I see it right now. A lot of empty roster spots still to be filled.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post

There’s no chance Clarion finishes 3rd. Also Gannon has like 4 players, so that’s a lot of confidence in Fee’s ability to put together a team in May. Their talent was not very good last year though, so losing everybody doesn’t really hurt. Omajafo has talent, so if they keep him that’s a plus. But I don’t see how Fee is going to put together a roster that comes in 2nd in the PSAC West unless he’s a wonder kid.

1) Cal
      2) IUP
      3) Hurst
      4) Slippery Rock
      5) Seton Hill
      6) Gannon
      7) UPJ
      8) Clarion
      9) Edinboro

That’s how I see it right now. A lot of empty roster spots still to be filled.
      Fee has already signed three guys. Two of them I know are really good. One is an Ashland transfer, the other is a HSer that’s like 6’7” and can shoot the **** out of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

What's interesting is the Spratt kid said on his announcement that he got a full ride from Clarion. I'd surely think several of those freshmen from last year are also on full rides. So, some money is flowing in to Tippin all the sudden.

That gym was rocking and rolling for the first 32 minutes of the IUP game up there. It reminded be of a long ago era when Tippin was one of the toughest gyms around to play inside. It's beautifully renovated, but it still has that relatively old-school low ceiling. It can get really loud in there similar to how the Field House used to get.
        Probably going for free rather than a full ride. But full ride sounds a lot cooler when you're selling a D2 commitment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Probably going for free rather than a full ride. But full ride sounds a lot cooler when you're selling a D2 commitment.
          All the good players in D2 are going for free. It’s not like football. And if they aren’t, it’s only until the next year when they get bumped up.

I saw Fee picked up the two transfers from Ashland and Geneva. The high school big looks decent, but then again he was still floating around in May. Point being, IUP has run roughshod over the league the last two years, with the exception of Mercyhurst. To dig up a bunch of guys floating around now and jump two teams that haven’t missed the NCAA Tournament in half a decade, both with great coaches, seems farfetched.

Akron Transfer
          Stewart
          Dillard
          Brooks
          Porterfield

That’s still a very good team, if Ethan stays healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post

All the good players in D2 are going for free. It’s not like football. And if they aren’t, it’s only until the next year when they get bumped up.

I saw Fee picked up the two transfers from Ashland and Geneva. The high school big looks decent, but then again he was still floating around in May. Point being, IUP has run roughshod over the league the last two years, with the exception of Mercyhurst. To dig up a bunch of guys floating around now and jump two teams that haven’t missed the NCAA Tournament in half a decade, both with great coaches, seems farfetched.

Akron Transfer
            Stewart
            Dillard
            Brooks
            Porterfield

That’s still a very good team, if Ethan stays healthy.
            I still think Joe's going to add another post player (likely a starter). Brooks has potential but is so raw -- and a hack. I'm not sure he could play 18-20 mpg without fouling out. Waldo is going to play a lot, too. I think they'd be best with Brooks and Waldo off the bench and bringing in a legit big to pair with EP in the starting lineup.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Fee has already signed three guys. Two of them I know are really good. One is an Ashland transfer, the other is a HSer that’s like 6’7” and can shoot the **** out of it.
              I saw Boogie James when WLU scrimmaged Ashland. He is from Columbus and likes to play the wlu style, which is an obvious prerequisite. He is very quick, but not very tall. Point guard. Imho challenge for fee is to find players who buy in to the style and are decent at this late date. Coaches' sons are a plus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

I saw Boogie James when WLU scrimmaged Ashland. He is from Columbus and likes to play the wlu style, which is an obvious prerequisite. He is very quick, but not very tall. Point guard. Imho challenge for fee is to find players who buy in to the style and are decent at this late date. Coaches' sons are a plus.
                Are scrimmages and open gyms available for public attendance? Because they are not at any other school in the country, Ben...

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Are scrimmages and open gyms available for public attendance? Because they are not at any other school in the country, Ben...
                  I have not done the extensive polling on the topic across all schools in the country, as you clearly have done. So my experience is only anecdotal and not statistically significant.

No restrictions on scrimmage attendance for:
                  Wlu at Ashland 2022
                  Wlu at Findlay
                  Wlu at Cal pa
                  Cal pa at wlu
                  Late Erie at wlu

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

He’ll never get all the players he wants/needs in year 1. No coach does!

Comment

He’ll never get all the players he wants/needs in year 1. No coach does!
                      So true.
                      looks like there are 13 gannon players in the portal. Before the portal, it would have been a nearly impossible situation. Still a huge challenge to replace an entire roster,

Comment

Is this the kid out of east coast power in Philly whom I read was evaled as potential d1 patriot league steal? Yes please.

Comment

OMG, this post is a joke!

1) You're absolutely wrong about keeping Reilly. Reilly consistently won. If the fans couldn't follow a winner then they are nothing but fair weather fans!
                          2) Lisa is a problem! I'm sure she'll try and take full credit for hiring Fee once he turns the program around. Fee was handed to her on a platter because he wanted to come back to PA. In all actuality, Fee wanted the Nova job when Howlett retires but Nova wouldn't give him that guarantee.
                          3) Media is a joke everywhere so you can't use that as an excuse. If you want your school to have exposure, create your own through Facebook, Twitter, etc. That's what all the successful schools have been doing now for years.
                          4) No alumni base is created from the athletic department as a whole. That starts with your girl Lisa and Teliski. Create events for the alumni and make them want to come back! Gannon gives them no reason to come back and the little receptions thrown by Gary Miller at the Classic isn't it!
                          You do realize you agreed with more than half of my points, for it being a joke? Reilly was great until he couldn't evolve. I literally sat around boosters for 4 years with fans getting more and more more pissed off, booing Reilly and Lisa. It became frankly depressing in the SE corner.

Never said alumni base wasn't AD writ large. But I watched until around 2010 how Gannon always had alum hoops players at games. Guys from every generation, and it stopped around 5 years in to Reillys tenure. Of course it had more to do than just Reilly, but it was marked.

Yes, our social is ATROCIOUS. But my point wan't that media is ONLY bad in Erie, it's that the landscape changing in Erie reflects a **** ass program and a sports information department that's as tired send boring as they come in 2023. It's so bad here. Hurst kills us in the last 5-7 years, and I'd absolutely agree tis Telski and Lisa to blame.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMadLibs View Post

You do realize you agreed with more than half of my points, for it being a joke? Reilly was great until he couldn't evolve. I literally sat around boosters for 4 years with fans getting more and more more pissed off, booing Reilly and Lisa. It became frankly depressing in the SE corner.

Never said alumni base wasn't AD writ large. But I watched until around 2010 how Gannon always had alum hoops players at games. Guys from every generation, and it stopped around 5 years in to Reillys tenure. Of course it had more to do than just Reilly, but it was marked.

Yes, our social is ATROCIOUS. But my point wan't that media is ONLY bad in Erie, it's that the landscape changing in Erie reflects a **** ass program and a sports information department that's as tired send boring as they come in 2023. It's so bad here. Hurst kills us in the last 5-7 years, and I'd absolutely agree tis Telski and Lisa to blame.
                            The fact that you boosters want to blame Reilly is atrocious! Because you don't like his style, you alienate him? The guy won, period! Not every team wins the last game.

Show up to a game and you'd notice that there were at least 5-10 different alumni there every game during Reilly's tenure but you wouldn't know that b/c you stopped going.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMadLibs View Post

Gannon hired the ousted Edinboro SID who feeds stories to Reisenweber. Professionals all around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Gannon hired the ousted Edinboro SID who feeds stories to Reisenweber. Professionals all around.
                                Reisenweber does zero reporting on his own. That waste seriously rides to coat tails of the winning programs and players that are going D1. He's a loser!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X