Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

EyeoftheHawk - you GOTTA be KIDDING !!! I mean....Baseball is not a Head Count sport, and these kids are asking for a full ride AND money? WOW!! I thought it would certainly get out of hand with the Head Count sports (Football and Basketball), but I did not consider the other sports.
    Baseball is pretty big in the SEC. They get some big gates. Obviously not up here.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Baseball is pretty big in the SEC. They get some big gates. Obviously not up here.
      Yes, I agree with you 100% on how big baseball is in the SEC. But still, at this time, D-I programs are only allowed 11.7 equivalent scholarships to divide among a roster of 40 players. So for players to be at least asking for full rides is just....ummmm....disrespectful. Perhaps asking for NIL money to help cover tuition costs, but I do not understand the full scholarship demands.

Comment

EyeoftheHawk - you GOTTA be KIDDING !!! I mean....Baseball is not a Head Count sport, and these kids are asking for a full ride AND money? WOW!! I thought it would certainly get out of hand with the Head Count sports (Football and Basketball), but I did not consider the other sports.
        Baseball is a headcount sport below D1.

Comment

Baseball is pretty big in the Big 12 too. But it'll take a hit when Texas and Oklahoma leave (pun intended) for the SEC.
          Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Baseball is a headcount sport below D1.
            NCAA web page still shows at the Division II level baseball has a max of 9 equivalency scholarships per team. Has this recently change?

Comment

NCAA web page still shows at the Division II level baseball has a max of 9 equivalency scholarships per team. Has this recently change?
              I wonder how many Walk On U fund since they have been National Champions twice in the last 10 years and were in the final four last spring?

Comment

Yes, I agree with you 100% on how big baseball is in the SEC. But still, at this time, D-I programs are only allowed 11.7 equivalent scholarships to divide among a roster of 40 players. So for players to be at least asking for full rides is just....ummmm....disrespectful. Perhaps asking for NIL money to help cover tuition costs, but I do not understand the full scholarship demands.
                This coach is in the south, but not the type of conference you would think of. I don’t agree with it myself, but if I’m a sought after player and am being recruited by multiple schools, you should expect to get the going price. I guess the saying goes “Don’t hate the player, hate the game.”

Comment

• Good win for Pitt today. I fully expected the implosion that happened at the end, but was shocked that they got into field goal range with 35 seconds left and no timeouts. Why on Earth Narduzzi didn’t just kick the field goal instead of going for it on fourth and two is beyond me. That would have ended it right there and their kicker is money. Then the two timeouts on defense back-to-back?

Anyway…it’s a bowl win and against a good opponent. Something to build on.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                    Good win for Pitt today. I fully expected the implosion that happened at the end, but was shocked that they got into field goal range with 35 seconds left and no timeouts. Why on Earth Narduzzi didn’t just kick the field goal instead of going for it on fourth and two is beyond me. That would have ended it right there and their kicker is money. Then the two timeouts on defense back-to-back?

Anyway…it’s a bowl win and against a good opponent. Something to build on.
                    Makes you wonder if Patti played all year instead of train-wreck Slovis.

Pitt's 8 best players sat out this game.

Comment

Bowl games are hard to judge much on. Both teams are typically without key players and it’s forever until the next game. That said, winning is better than losing and it leaves a positive feeling in everyone’s minds over the off season. I only watched a couple Pitt games this year but wasn’t impressed with Slovis. The Patti kid is just a tough competitor and they probably don’t win that game yesterday with Slovis.

Comment

I don't know. UCLA had every possible bad break after that pick 6.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I don't know. UCLA had every possible bad break after that pick 6.
                          It's hard to say. Both rosters were decimated by players skipping the game.

It sure was a lot better than Pitt's last Sun Bowl.

Comment

• Two BIG chokes today.

Comment

• Holy Buckeye

Comment

Holy Buckeye
                                You knew they were going to choke. It was inevitable.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X