Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Him and I'd guess his best Jackson State players.
    A free ticket out of Mississippistan is very appealing…

Comment

That's what I was thinking. Nobody wants TCU in (nobody meaning TV). They don't draw. Alabama draws huge. Don't discount the power of money.
      TCU should be in with 5 top 20 wins BUT tv/NCAA loves $$$$$$$$$$$.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I don’t worship Joepa. He stayed long past his expiration date.

He was also a product of his generation that didn’t now how to handle situations like that..which was his failure. I don’t think he supported Sandusky just that out of sight out of mind is how men of his generation operated.
        I worship at the altar of JoePa. Always did. Ironically, we're coming up on the 40th anniversary of PSU's national championship victory over the Georgia Bulldogs, led by Herschel Walker in the Sugar Bowl in the Louisiana Superdome. Of course, on 1/1/83, the Nits came out victorious and were named national champions. I had the honor of personally congratulating JoePa after the game in the Ballroom of the New Orleans Hilton. Biggest football game I ever went to. I'll never forget it.

In fact, Georgia went into the game ranked #1 and State was #2. The college football national championship today is in large part a result of JoePa's push for a true national championship. Before that Sugar Bowl, there weren't head-to-head matchups between the top 2 teams and national champions were named with a full dose of politics involved (see 1969 Nixon names Texas national champs). That was just one example of Paterno's influence on college football.

A lot of people didn't like what he had to say (for decades). As far as Sandusky goes, IUP Alum's take is typical, though not based on established facts. We will never understand Paterno's role, although he did get Sandusky off of his staff 12 years earlier. Of course, he didn't make the ultimate decisions for the school or the athletics department. The people who did went to jail. Paterno's firing was a rush to judgment, probably motivated by the discredited former Governor Tom Corbett, who later said that it was, in fact, a rush to judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I worship at the altar of JoePa. Always did. Ironically, we're coming up on the 40th anniversary of PSU's national championship victory over the Georgia Bulldogs, led by Herschel Walker in the Sugar Bowl in the Louisiana Superdome. Of course, on 1/1/83, the Nits came out victorious and were named national champions. I had the honor of personally congratulating JoePa after the game in the Ballroom of the New Orleans Hilton. Biggest football game I ever went to. I'll never forget it.

In fact, Georgia went into the game ranked #1 and State was #2. The college football national championship today is in large part a result of JoePa's push for a true national championship. Before that Sugar Bowl, there weren't head-to-head matchups between the top 2 teams and national champions were named with a full dose of politics involved (see 1969 Nixon names Texas national champs). That was just one example of Paterno's influence on college football.

A lot of people didn't like what he had to say (for decades). As far as Sandusky goes, IUP Alum's take is typical, though not based on established facts. We will never understand Paterno's role, although he did get Sandusky off of his staff 12 years earlier. Of course, he didn't make the ultimate decisions for the school or the athletics department. The people who did went to jail. Paterno's firing was a rush to judgment, probably motivated by the discredited former Governor Tom Corbett, who later said that it was, in fact, a rush to judgment.
          Corbett was a terrible Gubner.

JoePa did a lot of good but unfortunately the ending is all most outside of Centre County are going to remember.

He did stay on way too long even if he was right about a playoff system all those years ago.

Comment

• Kedon Slovis to the portal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
              Kedon Slovis to the portal.
              Thank God.

So, he's not even going to stay for the Who Cares Bowl. These are some times we are in.

Comment

• Naturally, the buzz in the Yinzerlands is former Pine-Richland standout Phil Jurkovec also entered the portal. He signed with Notre Dame out of high school before eventually transferring to Boston College.

The Post-Gazette is already reporting he's interested in coming to Pitt.

Some could say he's turned Pitt down twice, so they should tell him thanks but no thanks. But ... I guess we'll see what the 'Duzz thinks.

Comment

• Pittsburgh media all reporting (in the Twitter world) Phil Jurkovec to Pitt is a done deal. They were just waiting on Slovis to enter the portal.

Comment

Pittsburgh media all reporting (in the Twitter world) Phil Jurkovec to Pitt is a done deal. They were just waiting on Slovis to enter the portal.
                    Almost sounds like the same name as Tom Cruise’s character in All The Right Moves….

Comment

Thank God.

So, he's not even going to stay for the Who Cares Bowl. These are some times we are in.
                      Pitt in the Sun Bowl may be the most anticipated of all the non playoff bowl games. Who doesn’t want to see a repeat of that epic 3-0 game they played there several years ago?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

Pitt in the Sun Bowl may be the most anticipated of all the non playoff bowl games. Who doesn’t want to see a repeat of that epic 3-0 game they played there several years ago?
                        LOL ... I remember that game. I think Bill Stull was the Pitt QB. That was basically a sandstorm in the middle of the desert. I remember they couldn't even throw the ball more than like 5 yards.

Comment

• Phil Jurkovec has committed to Pitt.

That sure didn't take long.

Comment

Phil Jurkovec has committed to Pitt.

That sure didn't take long.
                            You feel like he wasted his time going to Notre Dame.

Comment

• Ohio State WR Jaxon Smith Njigba declares for the draft and will not play in the CFP vs Georgia. First guy to skip a playoff game to my knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
                                Ohio State WR Jaxon Smith Njigba declares for the draft and will not play in the CFP vs Georgia. First guy to skip a playoff game to my knowledge
                                Wow

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X