Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

A nice reminder for D2 schools who think they will be so great moving up.

No....no they won't.

There should be 5 NCAA classifications.

D1 - A - Power Conferences

D1 - AA - MAC and the rest of the FBS conferences that have no shot of beating the big boys.

D1- AAA - For the Patriot and NEC type of schools that are really D3 schools in drag.

D2

D3
    Where do the FCS schools that have the revenue & commitment to compete fit into your master plan?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Where do the FCS schools that have the revenue & commitment to compete fit into your master plan?
      You either go in AA or try to move into the big boys. Most FCS schools can compete with the lower tier FBS conferences.

Really...FCS and the MAC, American, Conference USA, Mountain West and the Sun Belt are not that far apart.

The weak FCS conferences can drop to AAA with the other drag queens.

Comment

• Whoa this is a big one. Bob Palko joining Penn State football as Director of High School Relations.

Comment

• Bob Huggins will be missed by everyone. What an amazing coach and person who has changed many lives for many years. He will be missed in the college basketball world.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post
            Bob Huggins will be missed by everyone. What an amazing coach and person who has changed many lives for many years. He will be missed in the college basketball world.
            Great coach that unfortunately won't be remembered the right way with how he has handled the last year or so.

Comment

No....no they won't.

D1 - AA - MAC and the rest of the FBS conferences that have no shot of beating the big boys.

D1- AAA - For the Patriot and NEC type of schools that are really D3 schools in drag.

D2

D3
              With the wide variance among the number of scholarships offered by school, I'm not sure how much longer the current D2 formula is sustainable in terms of competitive football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

With the wide variance among the number of scholarships offered by school, I'm not sure how much longer the current D2 formula is sustainable in terms of competitive football.
                Well top D2 programs could slide into D1 AAA and win and their basketball team can fulfill their promise of being a 16 seed every so often and collect that check.

D2 is really 10-12 schools that are national contenders..if you took them out the competition levels out better.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post
                  Bob Huggins will be missed by everyone. What an amazing coach and person who has changed many lives for many years. He will be missed in the college basketball world.
                  He wasn’t smart enough to call an Uber in a city.

He also used an anti gay slur on live radio. I’m shocked he was suspended and had his salary reduced for that. West Virginia is a Stan state so I’m surprised his homophobia didn’t gets rewarded.

How does that translate to an amazing person?

He obviously has sone personal issues right now
                  Last edited by IUPNation; 06-19-2023, 02:59 PM.

Comment

No....no they won't.

D2

D3
                    So, I'd presume that this is just for football and not for all sports? I am trying to figure out where conferences like the Big East and A-10 (which don't sponsor football) would fit if this scheme were applied to other sports.
                    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Great coach that unfortunately won't be remembered the right way with how he has handled the last year or so.
                      …or maybe that has been who he is all along. People are good at hiding they’re ugly. The gay slur on the radio means he gets not a shred of sympathy from me.

Comment

Well top D2 programs could slide into D1 AAA and win and their basketball team can fulfill their promise of being a 16 seed every so often and collect that check.

D2 is really 10-12 schools that are national contenders..if you took them out the competition levels out better.
                        Isn't that true of most divisions (Sometimes less.) And you don't think a new group would rise as National Contenders should those all leave?

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

So, I'd presume that this is just for football and not for all sports? I am trying to figure out where conferences like the Big East and A-10 (which don't sponsor football) would fit if this scheme were applied to other sports.
                          This would be for foosball only as it’s the one sport with the biggest differences in competitiveness and funding. Basketball proved the little schools can take those runs in March but FAU will never ever be playing for a title in the top level of foosball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Isn't that true of most divisions (Sometimes less.) And you don't think a new group would rise as National Contenders should those all leave?
                            It is and why more classifications will level it out and increase competition for everyone.

Grand Valley could move up to D1AAA without the need for having to come up with a massive increase in funding right away. GV would probably beat most schools that are D1 now in the leagues that pose as D1 but are barely D2in reality. Your other sports than could make the jump and your AD could manage the transition better. Then after a few years you could move up to the AA level if you had the money.

If all these schools think they are D1 worthy for all sports the foosball part needs multiple levels or every program moving up just fades away. The Dakotastan schools are an exception but they were probably already low level D1 schools when they were D2
                            Last edited by IUPNation; 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM.

Comment

He wasn’t smart enough to call an Uber in a city.

He also used an anti gay slur on live radio. I’m shocked he was suspended and had his salary reduced for that. West Virginia is a Stan state so I’m surprised his homophobia didn’t gets rewarded.

How does that translate to an amazing person?

He obviously has sone personal issues right now
                              I'm pretty sure his plan was to drive sh*tfaced the full hour back to Morgantown playing bumper cars along I-79. His car was in the middle of a city street with a shredded tire. Dude had no room to even lean against his car to take a leak. That Uber ride from Pittsburgh to Morgantown would have been a pretty penny - but he had it. If it weren't T Swift weekend in Pittsburgh he hopefully would have planned to get a room.

Comment

It is and why more classifications will level it out and increase competition for everyone.

Grand Valley could move up to D1AAA without the need for having to come up with a massive increase in funding right away. GV would probably beat most schools that are D1 now in the leagues that pose as D1 but are barely D2in reality. Your other sports than could make the jump and your AD could manage the transition better. Then after a few years you could move up to the AA level if you had the money.

If all these schools think they are D1 worthy for all sports the foosball part needs multiple levels or every program moving up just fades away. The Dakotastan schools are an exception but they were probably already low level D1 schools when they were D2
                                Grand Valley has no plans to ever move up to D1. That could very well change with a few changes in key positions. But they love being top dog in D2 and the #3 football program in Michigan.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X