Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Grand Valley has no plans to ever move up to D1. That could very well change with a few changes in key positions. But they love being top dog in D2 and the #3 football program in Michigan.
    And, they'll never pass the first two (Michigan and Michigan State). Stay top dog or join the Michigan directional schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

And, they'll never pass the first two (Michigan and Michigan State). Stay top dog or join the Michigan directional schools.
      Exactly. Every once in a while one of the Michigan directional schools is the latest in the annual rotation of the MAC football champions, but otherwise Grand Valley is top dog. They have some truly big time partnerships in the Grand Rapids metro that none of our schools even sniff. That Meijer and DeVos (Amway) money is significant.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

He wasn’t smart enough to call an Uber in a city.

He also used an anti gay slur on live radio. I’m shocked he was suspended and had his salary reduced for that. West Virginia is a Stan state so I’m surprised his homophobia didn’t gets rewarded.

How does that translate to an amazing person?

He obviously has sone personal issues right now
        He is one of the greatest college basketball coaches ever. Huggy is a great guy as well. He made a bad decision, it’s over you forgive the guy and move on. It’s a shame WVU made him resign because I think they should have kept him.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post

He is one of the greatest college basketball coaches ever. Huggy is a great guy as well. He made a bad decision, it’s over you forgive the guy and move on. It’s a shame WVU made him resign because I think they should have kept him.
          Sorry...good people don't use the f word in my book.

Comment

I'm pretty sure his plan was to drive sh*tfaced the full hour back to Morgantown playing bumper cars along I-79. His car was in the middle of a city street with a shredded tire. Dude had no room to even lean against his car to take a leak. That Uber ride from Pittsburgh to Morgantown would have been a pretty penny - but he had it. If it weren't T Swift weekend in Pittsburgh he hopefully would have planned to get a room.
            A shredded tire which means he ran over something probably not on the street. He could have called somebody in Morgantown to come get him and leave the car there or have another person driver it back for him.

I don't drink if I'm driving.

Comment

Grand Valley has no plans to ever move up to D1. That could very well change with a few changes in key positions. But they love being top dog in D2 and the #3 football program in Michigan.
              You mean #4.

Ferris Bueller State owns them right now and have the last two titles.

Comment

No effing way. This was bad. Very bad. Guy could have very likely killed someone if he had not inoperably damaged his car. This wasn't one too many glasses of wine at a fundraising event - he was so drunk he didn't know he was in Pittsburgh. This isn't his first DUI, either. Then you've got the comments he made on the radio not long ago.

Comment

You mean #4.

Ferris Bueller State owns them right now and have the last two titles.
                  I get that - but in terms of attendance, revenue, and overall brand support its not even close. Its like comparing IUP and Villanova.

Comment

How he survived the radio incident is a pure embarrassment to WVU.

Comment

No effing way. This was bad. Very bad. Guy could have very likely killed someone if he had not inoperably damaged his car. This wasn't one too many glasses of wine at a fundraising event - he was so drunk he didn't know he was in Pittsburgh. This isn't his first DUI, either. Then you've got the comments he made on the radio not long ago.
                      What part of the city was he in?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

How he survived the radio incident is a pure embarrassment to WVU.
                        Not really. He had a ton of support down there, so the leash was long. That shortened the leash quite a bit though, and this DUI cut the leash entirely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Not really. He had a ton of support down there, so the leash was long. That shortened the leash quite a bit though, and this DUI cut the leash entirely.
                          You're still talking about probably one of the highest paid employees of a state university going on public radio and, well, we know the story. Perhaps he was just lucky it was WVU ... because he'd have been canned the same night at most other universities.

Question is who gets the job. It's tricky to hire this time of year. Granted, being a P5 with a lot of coin to offer makes it much easier. It's always interesting to watch the trickle down.

My bet is on Jerrod Calhoun (formerly of Fairmont State and currently at Youngstown State). That, of course, would open the Youngstown State job, ... which had numerous Atlantic Region coaches linked to it the last time. IUP's Joe Lombardi was allegedly first on their list (his alma mater) but he turned it down. It came down to Calhoun (who had just taken Fairmont State to the national title game) and current California coach Danny Sancomb.

If Calhoun gets the WVU job (and there is a lot of buzz) ... things could get interesting down here in the bush leagues.

Comment

What part of the city was he in?
                            In West Park - an old Victorian era parklet on the North Side by where the CCAC main campus is.

Comment

In West Park - an old Victorian era parklet on the North Side by where the CCAC main campus is.
                              WTF was he doing there? Is he a Swiftie?

Comment

• That's a great question. That's a place you park to try to get out of paying to park at CCAC or a Pirates game. That area was Millennial and Gen Z ground zero and he was there at 8:30pm. Yeah there are some good dinner spots but again, why downtown Pittsburgh on T Swift weekend.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X