Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    That's a great question. That's a place you park to try to get out of paying to park at CCAC or a Pirates game. That area was Millennial and Gen Z ground zero and he was there at 8:30pm. Yeah there are some good dinner spots but again, why downtown Pittsburgh on T Swift weekend.
    Who is that drunk at 8:30 at night? That had to a day drinking situation. Although the daughter is saying the beer cans in the vehicle were for recycle. Sure Jan.

Comment

• Northwestern canned Pat Fitzgerald.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

WTF was he doing there? Is he a Swiftie?
        Somehow, Huggy Thug was so drunk, he thought he was in Columbus. You would have to be epically blitzed to even confuse Pittsburgh for Columbus, let alone pick up 79 and go north instead of staying on 70.
        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Somehow, Huggy Thug was so drunk, he thought he was in Columbus. You would have to be epically blitzed to even confuse Pittsburgh for Columbus, let alone pick up 79 and go north instead of staying on 70.
          Now he says he didn’t resign. Dude has serious issues. He’s too old to be ****ed up.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Northwestern canned Pat Fitzgerald.
            Funny how these players will sexually haze each other but claim to be straight then call actual gay men the f word.

Sorry sweeties but if you are naked and dry jumping each other you are at least a B or a closeted, in denial G.
            Last edited by IUPNation; 07-11-2023, 06:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

He blew .21 which would qualify as epically blitzed. That's blackout drunk even for alcoholics. Most women are dangerously close to alcohol poisoning around .2

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Funny how these players will sexually haze each other but claim to be straight then call actual gay men the f word.

Sorry sweeties but if you are naked and dry jumping each other you are at least a B or a closeted, in denial G.
                Yup. I do a lot with college hazing investigations and have a friend who is a national expert on why men haze. If you Google male athlete hazing, when it comes to football & wresting - the most stereotypically masculine sports - the most common themes are homoerotic sexual stuff. Forced cross dressing, dick measuring, dry humping, tea bagging, and surprisingly common is buggery with objects like broomsticks.

Comment

Yup. I do a lot with college hazing investigations and have a friend who is a national expert on why men haze. If you Google male athlete hazing, when it comes to football & wresting - the most stereotypically masculine sports - the most common themes are homoerotic sexual stuff. Forced cross dressing, dick measuring, dry humping, tea bagging, and surprisingly common is buggery with objects like broomsticks.
                  They need to toss these guys in jail with sexual assault charges.

It's just amazing hazing still exists.

Comment

He blew .21 which would qualify as epically blitzed. That's blackout drunk even for alcoholics. Most women are dangerously close to alcohol poisoning around .2
                    Huggins wouldn't be any good on network TV but he'd be great as an analyst on some 'off-Broadway' type shows.

I never say never when it comes to 'big name' coaches getting chance after chance (Dave Bliss for goodness sake) but you'd surely think Huggins' coaching days are over (certainly at the P5 level). Could some lower-level program take a shot? I wouldn't doubt it.

Comment

• I wonder if Fitzgerald calls it a career or takes a year off then pursues a coordinator job at another P5 university. Because Northwestern is a private university and the player who brought forth the allegations wishes to not be publicly identified we may never know all of the details that support Fitzgerald knowing of the hazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
                        I wonder if Fitzgerald calls it a career or takes a year off then pursues a coordinator job at another P5 university. Because Northwestern is a private university and the player who brought forth the allegations wishes to not be publicly identified we may never know all of the details that support Fitzgerald knowing of the hazing.
                        Unless he does sue and it goes to discovery.

Comment

• Jalen Kitna better thank his lucky stars -- and Daddy's attorney.

His charges (relating to underage children) were dropped to misdemeanors.

BTW, he entered the transfer portal today.

Comment

Jalen Kitna better thank his lucky stars -- and Daddy's attorney.

His charges (relating to underage children) were dropped to misdemeanors.

BTW, he entered the transfer portal today.
                            Many folks don't realize how many criminal cases end up with plea deals and ARD (first time offender). Probably 80%. Throw in underage drinking and public drunkenness and it might be closer to 90%. I read somewhere that in Pennsylvania about 75% of first time DUIs end up in ARD.

Comment

Many folks don't realize how many criminal cases end up with plea deals and ARD (first time offender). Probably 80%. Throw in underage drinking and public drunkenness and it might be closer to 90%. I read somewhere that in Pennsylvania about 75% of first time DUIs end up in ARD.
                              I can’t speak for DUI but Columbia County has something similar to an ARD for underage drinkers (and perhaps other crimes but I don’t know all the details) called the Youthful Offenders Program. I imagine it’s made the county a decent chunk of change over time between people paying for the course and then paying the fine for a summary offense after completing the course.

Comment

Northwestern canned Pat Fitzgerald.
                                As someone with a grad degree from Northwestern and who has made at least a dozen trips from Pa. to Evanston to see games and even had season tickets for a few years, I was stunned by this whole affair. About the time you think that nothing in today's U.S. circus can disillusion you any more, something else rears its ugly head. Obviously the program is now dead in the water. If they were smart, which they're probably not, they'd cancel this season. I don't know what an interim coach can possibly pull out of the fire at this point. The season wasn't looking great anyway, and recruit defections are already starting. NU, a relatively small private university (undergrad enrollment is less than a couple of PASSHE schools), was always going to find it hard to compete in the new NIL transfer portal era. When Fitzgerald had good teams, they were the result of developing under-recruited three-stars and a few studs over a four-year period. That's hard to do these days.

They got caught up in the D1 arms race, tossing more than $200 million at a practice facility on the lake, renovating the basketball arena from the ground up, and planning a proposed $800 million new football stadium (which might now be on hold). On a side note, can you imagine what an $800 million injection would do for PASSHE? Once upon a time, in a much different football era, Northwestern could be somewhat competitive with the Ohio States of the world, but that time has long passed. They'd be better off getting out of the Big 10 and into some other alignment. Many people have thought a league consisting of academic-oriented schools such as Stanford, NU, Duke, Vanderbilt, etc. would make sense, and I tend to agree, but I also doubt most of them would give up the money to make it happen.

I was getting pretty sour on D1 football a long time before this, and I think this incident is probably about the final nail in the coffin for me. I'm just not really interested in the D1 any more. The proverbial bloom has gone off the rose.

So looks as if I'll primarily be following the D2 guys in PASSHE. We have our own issues with the transfer portal, but I doubt anybody in the league will be spending $200 million on a practice arena anytime soon.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X