• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDBoi8136
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Who gets the Alabama job ?
    If I were a Bama fan, I would be pushing for DeBoer. But I think it really could be just about anyone

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Hopefully James Tenandtwo. He can infect Alabamastan with those ESU cooties.....Penn State has had enough of it.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Side note... Living in Columbus... People sure are quiet LOL

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I think it's unique to Michigan. Ohio St has become way more finesse in recent years, Wisconsin switched to a spread system. Penn State certainly isn't on that level either. Oregon/Washington will do fine. The most interesting thing for me is that a lot of these fan bases better get accustomed to dropping 3 games a year. The Big Ten is bringing in some much needed competition to the Ohio State/Michigan stranglehold. Schedules are going to finally present some challenges whether they like it or not. And yes I am insinuating that the Big Ten takes next to no risks OOC (Ohio State, gets a pass as they play strong OOC usually).
    I tend to agree with this in principle. Ohio State is not nearly as physical as they once were. I think Michigan is constructed to play football a different way. And I don't think that's necessarily limited to the B1G. I think that is true for them compared to everybody else too. At every position, they are just bigger, stronger, and more physical. They are built like an NFL team looked like 15 years ago.

That's why I think it took people so long to recognize how good they were this year. They were just nonchalantly winning games with their QB throwing for 140 yards and never having the outcome never in doubt. It isn't like the Steelers of this year, winning games very ugly and appearing to have to strain to get a first down. They beat Penn State and never threw a pass for 2.5 quarters, but were never in any danger of losing. They were just so overpowering wire to wire all season, but it didn't necessarily always reflect by looking at crazy offensive numbers.

I think the best matchup would have been Michigan-Georgia. But Georgia lost their playoff game that would've given them the opportunity to create that matchup. So it is what it is. They won all the games but the one they absolutely needed to have.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I think it's unique to Michigan. Ohio St has become way more finesse in recent years, Wisconsin switched to a spread system. Penn State certainly isn't on that level either. Oregon/Washington will do fine. The most interesting thing for me is that a lot of these fan bases better get accustomed to dropping 3 games a year. The Big Ten is bringing in some much needed competition to the Ohio State/Michigan stranglehold. Schedules are going to finally present some challenges whether they like it or not. And yes I am insinuating that the Big Ten takes next to no risks OOC (Ohio State, gets a pass as they play strong OOC usually).
    Washington and Oregon are also daunting road trips. Those are insane stadiums to play inside (not to mention the cross country flights, time zone switch, etc.).

UCLA is always tough and USC is no cakewalk.

It's going to be a gauntlet.

It will be refreshing to see the BIG elevate from the big two and a half (JoePa being the King of the second group).

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    Physically Washington was overwhelmed across the board. That’s been the reputation of PAC teams and it showed again last night. The teams coming to the BIG from the PAC need to address that or it’s going to be a tough transition. They were able to manage the matchup with Texas, but the Big 12 isn’t exactly known for physicality and defense.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Physically Washington was overwhelmed across the board. That’s been the reputation of PAC teams and it showed again last night. The teams coming to the BIG from the PAC need to address that or it’s going to be a tough transition. They were able to manage the matchup with Texas, but the Big 12 isn’t exactly known for physicality and defense.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    The unique thing about Michigan is that I think it's hard for many people to recognize just how good they really are given the manner in which they play. It's very much an NFL approach and bygone methodology of how Harbaugh has done it there. They don't do it with much flash. They have good skill position players to be clear, but they aren't throwing the ball all over the place and amassing video game like numbers offensively. They beat you at the point of attach and just overwhelm teams at the line of scrimmage and possess the ball with purpose. They aren't straining to get yards I guess is what I'm saying. Three offensive possessions into the game and it was inside of a minute to play in the first quarter. When you are able to just melt away a game and run the ball when teams know you're going to do it, that's such a hard thing to stop.

Defensively, Washington was overwhelmed. They had no answer. Michigan just suffocated them all night.
    I will give Washington some credit, though. They looked dead in the water earlly (and often) but that was still a touchdown game with 9 or 10 minutes left. It was clear the Wolverines were vastly superior.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    The unique thing about Michigan is that I think it's hard for many people to recognize just how good they really are given the manner in which they play. It's very much an NFL approach and bygone methodology of how Harbaugh has done it there. They don't do it with much flash. They have good skill position players to be clear, but they aren't throwing the ball all over the place and amassing video game like numbers offensively. They beat you at the point of attach and just overwhelm teams at the line of scrimmage and possess the ball with purpose. They aren't straining to get yards I guess is what I'm saying. Three offensive possessions into the game and it was inside of a minute to play in the first quarter. When you are able to just melt away a game and run the ball when teams know you're going to do it, that's such a hard thing to stop.

Defensively, Washington was overwhelmed. They had no answer. Michigan just suffocated them all night.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Yeah and Penix played like absolute dogsh*t. Had he played like in the semifinal, that game may have been a lot closer.
    Penix cost himself a lot of money with his performance. That was the best defense he played all year (closest to an NFL defense in terms of scheme and pedigree he will see at this level). He looked overwhelmed and looked lost. I get he was under duress a lot, but he looked bad.
    Last edited by IUP24; 01-09-2024, 10:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

How does a national championship contender not have a #2 rb that they can go to battle with? It was obvious from the first carry he was limited, so there is no one else who can carry the ball? Ridiculous.
    As a famous PSAC basketball coach once told me, "next man up usually means you're f@cked"

But, yeah, a P5 program should at least have somebody somewhat capable.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied

Their RB played with two spare tires for legs. They couldn't run at all and Michigan knew it. They got to tee off on Penix all night.
    How does a national championship contender not have a #2 rb that they can go to battle with? It was obvious from the first carry he was limited, so there is no one else who can carry the ball? Ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Yeah and Penix played like absolute dogsh*t. Had he played like in the semifinal, that game may have been a lot closer.
    Their RB played with two spare tires for legs. They couldn't run at all and Michigan knew it. They got to tee off on Penix all night.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    It's early but Washington's defense is overwhelmed.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X