X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

IUP was a different world. It's so calm now. Lol. Night and day different from the 80s and 90s.
    They didn’t have space for everyone then. Now they have too much..

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

It was either Kitty U for a year or Summer/Jan for me in 84. I went Summer/January. Now I doubt they even do Summer/January.
    IUP was a different world. It's so calm now. Lol. Night and day different from the 80s and 90s.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Montgomery County Community College has over 12000 students.

Just sayin…

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Imagine a day when IUP would send kids to Kittanning.

They are going to be turning those fancy dorms in Indiana into B&Bs lol.
    It was either Kitty U for a year or Summer/Jan for me in 84. I went Summer/January. Now I doubt they even do Summer/January.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Who or what owns the community colleges? They're just independent non-profit entities?
    I assume so. I can't think of any other arrangement unless they're an extension of a county government.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

No need for branch campuses now
    Imagine a day when IUP would send kids to Kittanning.

They are going to be turning those fancy dorms in Indiana into B&Bs lol.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Learn something everyday ... no idea they had a Venango campus.

I fear the mother ship may soon become the nicest $75m basketball YMCA court in history.

I spent some time up there when IUP played there this past season. It is not the Clarion of my days I can tell you that much. It's dead.
    No need for branch campuses now

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    PASSHE is gifting Clarion's Venango campus in Oil City to a regional entity. According to the story this will save PennWest approximately $1.6 million a year in operating costs plus remove about $6 million in planned renovation needs.

https://www.exploreclarion.com/2024/...oogle_vignette
    Learn something everyday ... no idea they had a Venango campus.

I fear the mother ship may soon become the nicest $75m basketball YMCA court in history.

I spent some time up there when IUP played there this past season. It is not the Clarion of my days I can tell you that much. It's dead.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    The governor is going to announce a proposal to merge PASSHE and the Pennsylvania Commission for Community Colleges, which represents the 15 state-funded community colleges in the state. If this gains any momentum, it will take some time to process. PASSHE's ten schools are state-owned and operated. The community colleges are state-funded but not state-owned and their funding models are all different. Many get annual county appropriations, some get school district funding, etc. But I agree that these two entities should be working together, not in exclusivity.
    Who or what owns the community colleges? They're just independent non-profit entities?

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    The governor is going to announce a proposal to merge PASSHE and the Pennsylvania Commission for Community Colleges, which represents the 15 state-funded community colleges in the state. If this gains any momentum, it will take some time to process. PASSHE's ten schools are state-owned and operated. The community colleges are state-funded but not state-owned and their funding models are all different. Many get annual county appropriations, some get school district funding, etc. But I agree that these two entities should be working together, not in exclusivity.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    PASSHE is gifting Clarion's Venango campus in Oil City to a regional entity. According to the story this will save PennWest approximately $1.6 million a year in operating costs plus remove about $6 million in planned renovation needs.

Soon they’ll gift the main campus to somebody else…

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

I think we all overlooked the potential 'give it away' scenarios.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Stay tuned. Unsure if anything specific to the osteopathic school is included, but a BIG announcement from Josh coming in the next few weeks.
    It’s a taxpayer investment to provide services to taxpayers in underserved areas. Who can be against that? Rhetorical question…

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

You’d think the state could fund it. Come on Josh..do the right thing.
    Stay tuned. Unsure if anything specific to the osteopathic school is included, but a BIG announcement from Josh coming in the next few weeks.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X