X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart View Post

You can say that all the campuses are in conservative ares. It is the students who create the campus environment and they could come from liberal places. The surprise is that 3 of the worst campuses merged into 1.
    Maybe they get all the rural students while IUP and Slimey get students From urban areas.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Not a surprise. Most of the campuses are located in highly conservative areas.
    You can say that all the campuses are in conservative ares. It is the students who create the campus environment and they could come from liberal places. The surprise is that 3 of the worst campuses merged into 1.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Cheyney may the only (then) PSAC I haven't been to for a game.

As I recall their football field was pretty rough, correct?
    Everything IUPNation said is accurate. I was visiting in Chadds Ford a several years ago and realized we were so close so I drove to campus to make it to all 14 PASSHE campuses. It was rough. There were 3 types of buildings: early 19th century stone houses, characterless Cold War era buildings, and a couple brand new "brick and plastic" buildings. No landscaping anywhere. No little details that make a campus look nice. The football stadium reminded me of something you'd see in a poor city neighborhood park. Wood open bleacher seating. Unmaintained grass field. Old fashioned "light bulb" scoreboard.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart View Post
    Four of the six merged campuses considered hostile environments for black students.

"Three in Western Pennsylvania and one in north-central Pennsylvania as most problematic. They include the three campuses making up Pennsylvania Western University — Edinboro, Clarion and California — and Mansfield University, which is now a part of the newly merged Commonwealth University."

https://www.inquirer.com/education/p...-20240130.html
    Not a surprise. Most of the campuses are located in highly conservative areas.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    Four of the six merged campuses considered hostile environments for black students.

"Three in Western Pennsylvania and one in north-central Pennsylvania as most problematic. They include the three campuses making up Pennsylvania Western University — Edinboro, Clarion and California — and Mansfield University, which is now a part of the newly merged Commonwealth University."

https://www.inquirer.com/education/p...-20240130.html

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Yeah...the stadium is rough and the campus was pretty worn down the last time I was there. I don't really have any reason to go on it but i do drive near it going to and from work. The last time I was at Cheyney was the last time IUP made a visit.

It's in an affluent area. Any developer would be licking their chops to get that land....since a lot of land between West Chester and Newtown Square is protected and not able to be developed. The former Edgemont Country Club was the last big swath of land that was up for sale in the general area and they are building nice high priced single homes and townhomes on the land. Housing in the Western Suburbs of Philadelphia is still in high demand...

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Cheyney is probably the most valuable land right now. They could knock that whole campus down and build a nice planned community...and it would sell out fast.

It's very prime real estate in highly desirable area.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

AB is (was) so remote. I'm sure buyers weren't exactly lining up.

If some our our schools ever get to that point ... it would be interesting. Not exactly booming commercial real estate markets in places like Clarion, Mansfield, etc.

It almost makes me think about what these mega Olympic sites look like 10 years after the games.
    Cheyney is probably the most valuable land right now. They could knock that whole campus down and build a nice planned community...and it would sell out fast.

It's very prime real estate in highly desirable area.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Actually, she went to IUP. LOL. Hey, any school crank out some beauts.
    I knew that was going to be the answer when I asked it.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

Did she go to Slimey Pebble?

:-)
    Actually, she went to IUP. LOL. Hey, any school crank out some beauts.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

If some our our schools ever get to that point ... it would be interesting. Not exactly booming commercial real estate markets in places like Clarion, Mansfield, etc.

It almost makes me think about what these mega Olympic sites look like 10 years after the games.
    I'd compare it to Mansfield. Remote surrounded by not much and what was there was economically depressed.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    The Alderson Broaddus campus sold for $5 million. Pennies on the dollar. All the "stuff" gets auctioned off at a later date.

https://www.wvnews.com/business/elki...08fa63141.html

That's not a lot of money to recoup against the debt burden on the struggling PASSHE campuses.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    You're right though. Pittman is bullish on giving IUP more funding, then just days later celebrates landing $2 million for the IUP med school.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    The Alderson Broaddus campus sold for $5 million. Pennies on the dollar. All the "stuff" gets auctioned off at a later date.

That's not a lot of money to recoup against the debt burden on the struggling PASSHE campuses.
    I doesn’t help when the school is located in a town nobody is flocking to move to…

Cheyney would fetch a nice haul.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X