Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT Daniels is leaving WVU. His next destination will be his fourth school (USC, UGA, WVU).

Comment

• I just interviewed a high school junior girls basketball player who signed with a low-major D1. She told me that she signed early so that she could have that commitment. If she didn't take the offer now, she may lose her offered spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        JT Daniels is leaving WVU. His next destination will be his fourth school (USC, UGA, WVU).
        Jurkovec will be at his third, although I think this one is technically a grad transfer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
          I just interviewed a high school junior girls basketball player who signed with a low-major D1. She told me that she signed early so that she could have that commitment. If she didn't take the offer now, she may lose her offered spot.
          Yeah but they can yank it at any time after her first. Scholarships are now a 1-year commitment instead of 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Yeah but they can yank it at any time after her first. Scholarships are now a 1-year commitment instead of 4.
            Indeed, they can. But she took it for her first year.

Comment

• From a data analytics perspective, D2 and D3 athletics is seen as a huge asset to student retention & graduation: D2 and D3 athletes are traditionally more likely to stay at their school & more likely to graduate. The transfer extravaganza is going to throw a wrench in that assumption and complicate things a bit. Its going to be a huge added burden to coaching staffs who now much learn on the job how to retain your players beyond winning. There may be some small roster sports that have teams having to sit out a season because the coach couldn't fill roster spots in time. I bet we'll also start to see athletic departments creating support positions that centrally cover NIL and transfer.

Comment

D2 football transfer portal at 1,020 entrants as of this morning.

The Twitter World
                How many want to go to IUP?

:-)

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

How many want to go to IUP?

:-)
                  Double edge sword. Tort needs some portal help at certain spots. Top portal players don't come cheap - especially coveted OL and DL (positions that, for quality, surely aren't of the dime a dozen category). I can imagine what Sexton's hit is on the 'cap' Tort has to manage.

I'd absolutely love to get the LB from Cal but I doubt he'll stay in D2. And, while it would be nice, there are bigger needs elsewhere. Now, if he wants to come here (which is at least rumored), they surely aren't going to say no.

It's all money. The more he has the more high-end transfers he can sign. I'd like to see them really ramp up the fund-raising. Even 2-3 more equivalencies would make a huge difference.

I'd guess they sign 6-8 portal players this year. Last year they only signed 3. They can be very strong again next year but need to have a good shopping season to plug some key holes.

Comment

Double edge sword. Tort needs some portal help at certain spots. Top portal players don't come cheap - especially coveted OL and DL (positions that, for quality, surely aren't of the dime a dozen category). I can imagine what Sexton's hit is on the 'cap' Tort has to manage.

I'd absolutely love to get the LB from Cal but I doubt he'll stay in D2. And, while it would be nice, there are bigger needs elsewhere. Now, if he wants to come here (which is at least rumored), they surely aren't going to say no.

It's all money. The more he has the more high-end transfers he can sign. I'd like to see them really ramp up the fund-raising. Even 2-3 more equivalencies would make a huge difference.

I'd guess they sign 6-8 portal players this year. Last year they only signed 3. They can be very strong again next year but need to have a good shopping season to plug some key holes.
                    I would prioritize OL and DL. If you can’t run, or stop the run, you’re not going to win big games. IUP’s ability to control the running game on both sides of the ball in the first Shepherd game resulted in a win, and the opposite was true in the second game. They’re in good shape at the skill positions on offense and the back end of the defense should also be solid. If they can add one really good OL (might need two now with Pietropola leaving) and two DL players, that would be a good haul. You would hope that there are already good bodies on the roster that will be ready to play, or that they can maybe recruit a kid that could contribute as a freshman. Easier said than done.

Comment

They will be looking for a QB...

Comment

• Obviously, Shepherd's backup QB(s) haven't had much game time experience over the past 4 years -- With the potential for so many offensive weapons coming back next year (granted, they could be hitting the portal as well), I'd be curious if Shepherd may look at the portal to bring in an experienced/proven QB to run the show?

Comment

• Originally posted by nova2wv View Post
                          Obviously, Shepherd's backup QB(s) haven't had much game time experience over the past 4 years -- With the potential for so many offensive weapons coming back next year (granted, they could be hitting the portal as well), I'd be curious if Shepherd may look at the portal to bring in an experienced/proven QB to run the show?
                          I have been wondering the same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boro33 View Post

They will be looking for a QB...
                            Enlighten me or tell me I just fell for clickbait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I have been wondering the same thing.
                              Heck, JT - You're already in the state, might be time to drop down a level or two so come on over for a season.

Comment

• A little different but he won't be back next year..
                                Cory Curtis Gannon QB has forgone last season of eligibility
                                to declare for the NFL draft.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X