Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Well, that's certainly a big name.
    I have wondered if we'll see a few with Bagent graduating.

Comment

Well, that's certainly a big name.
      Yea, that is a surprise. Very weird how his season ended too. Word was he was hurt from essentially the PSAC champ game throughout the postseason. He caught a big 3rd down pass over the middle against Mines, but then disappeared and didn't play again after that. I was wondering the whole time why that was his only series in the game it seemed like. Maybe he doesn't like what he's seeing in the QB room going forward, who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Yea, that is a surprise. Very weird how his season ended too. Word was he was hurt from essentially the PSAC champ game throughout the postseason. He caught a big 3rd down pass over the middle against Mines, but then disappeared and didn't play again after that. I was wondering the whole time why that was his only series in the game it seemed like. Maybe he doesn't like what he's seeing in the QB room going forward, who knows.
        My assumption was that he didn't miss time for an injury and is now looking for greener pastures.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I have wondered if we'll see a few with Bagent graduating.
          Ronnie was my guess. He could play up a level.

Comment

That one would hurt. Have to wait and see.

Comment

He would be foolish not to try the portal. Can definitely play up and improve pro stock . In addition Big Ernie will take him back aka Bagent from last year’s portal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post
                He would be foolish not to try the portal. Can definitely play up and improve pro stock . In addition Big Ernie will take him back aka Bagent from last year’s portal.
                I'd agree. He's much more attractive to D1 than Marlon is (my opinion). Strong backs that can run in the 4.4 range shouldn't be in D2 unless they have nowhere else to go.

Comment

I'd agree. He's much more attractive to D1 than Marlon is (my opinion). Strong backs that can run in the 4.4 range shouldn't be in D2 unless they have nowhere else to go.
                  Marlon was not as great as his stats suggest. From what I was told, our true #1 WR got hurt in camp and missed the season. Cook was the next guy up.

Cook has good hands and is a solid WR, but by no means is he a D1 type.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post
                    I think it's silly if coaches aren't open to these kids exploring such options.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Cook is a mid to high level Division 2 player. Solid hands. Solid , but not great speed. Not exceptionally quick. Was hurt a good bit of the season. One year eligibility remaining. He would do well to stay. Not an attractive catch for any FCS that is remotely competitive. Walk on at an FBS? Sure...but good luck. He is not a plug and play at the next level. And coming off an injury, with only one year remaining....not gonna happen.
                      Qb room at Shepherd looks very good with Lek Powell, Sammy Roberts, C Etchinson along with in coming younger Bagent. They probably have a good amount of money tied up in that room as is. They will develop an in house Qb and will do extremely well as they always do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boro33 View Post

Cook is a mid to high level Division 2 player. Solid hands. Solid , but not great speed. Not exceptionally quick. Was hurt a good bit of the season. One year eligibility remaining. He would do well to stay. Not an attractive catch for any FCS that is remotely competitive. Walk on at an FBS? Sure...but good luck. He is not a plug and play at the next level. And coming off an injury, with only one year remaining....not gonna happen.
                        Qb room at Shepherd looks very good with Lek Powell, Sammy Roberts, C Etchinson along with in coming younger Bagent. They probably have a good amount of money tied up in that room as is. They will develop an in house Qb and will do extremely well as they always do.
                        I agree about Cook, very solid D2 WR. That's it, and no shame in it either. If he leaves, thanks for coming and good luck in the future. Rams will be fine replacing him or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boro33 View Post

Always possible, but with what we're seeing with the portal this year, I believe the days of strong D2 players moving up to FBS is over since FBS can now easily pilfer other FBS teams without penalty. It would probably have to take someone with gonzo stats & video and no baggage - someone like Bagent.

Comment

• The MEC leads all of D2 with 98 players in the Portal -- headlined by Fake Notre Dame with a whopping 18.

Seton Hill and Edinboro lead the PSAC with 12 and 11.

Comment

The MEC leads all of D2 with 98 players in the Portal -- headlined by Fake Notre Dame with a whopping 18.

Walsh and WV Wesleyan can't be far behind. I've also seen a bunch of Lake Erie.

Comment

The MEC leads all of D2 with 98 players in the Portal -- headlined by Fake Notre Dame with a whopping 18.

NDC losing 18 guys off of a playoff team is pretty surprising. Perhaps it’s mostly guys who got no run and don’t think they’ll figure into the plans for the future though.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X