Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I think there’s a letdown factor at play here. I think they’ve “held” the better teams below their averages because who really gets excited to play Seton Hill? Clarion did because it was a game they thought they could win. Same for Ship. The better teams just want to get it over with and get out of there without injury. I expect a little bit of a letdown on Saturday but not enough to make it interesting in the second half.
    Tort played Lou Holtz for Halloween last night and essentially made it sound like they are playing Georgia on Saturday.

It will be nice to get another game at Miller Stadium. IUP's been on the road 6 of its past 8 games dating back to last season.

I suspect Seton Hill will come out ready to roll. Teams get up to play IUP. That's why it's so important to punch them in the mouth quickly and get rid of any delusions. Zap their morale quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
      Geez, almost two pages of fighting to go through, LOL. This brings back memories of PSACHomer! What ever happened to that guy? Hopefully not poking a sleeping bear here. :)
      The Personalities have him held hostage somewhere in the Mon Valley.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Tort played Lou Holtz for Halloween last night and essentially made it sound like they are playing Georgia on Saturday.

It will be nice to get another game at Miller Stadium. IUP's been on the road 6 of its past 8 games dating back to last season.

I suspect Seton Hill will come out ready to roll. Teams get up to play IUP. That's why it's so important to punch them in the mouth quickly and get rid of any delusions. Zap their morale quickly.
        Agreed playing IUP is everyone’s super bowl… But I don’t think this iup team plays down to competition like last year. I see the hawks come out firing and ready to go. I’ve heard good things about seton hills D, but Good weather means iup will be airing it out. Hawks 28+

Comment

Hopefully the Indiana school students getting the free tickets show up and make some noise..rattle the old bones in The Crypt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crimsonhawkfanatic View Post

Agreed playing IUP is everyone’s super bowl… But I don’t think this iup team plays down to competition like last year. I see the hawks come out firing and ready to go. I’ve heard good things about seton hills D, but Good weather means iup will be airing it out. Hawks 28+
            Its really not. Boro football has a tradition for Slippery Rock week - not for IUP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
              Indiana doesn't have multiple places to eat & drink on water, though.
              Hey, when hurricane season hits and one of the storms moves north, several establishments on the south end of the town are on water.
              http://www.indianagazette.com
              www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Small town versus big town, sure. Indiana doesn't have multiple places to eat & drink on water, though.
                Yes but Sunset Grill doesn't have the best food but great views.

Comment

Well, it's been a strange year. IUP's only had two home games this year (four on the road).

Regardless, they've had an average of 5,361 inside Miller Stadium this year.

As for this weekend, there won't be many excuses. The weather will be near 70 and sunny. Despite being a half hour away, there won't be any boost from Seton Hill at the gate. Oddly, SRU didn't travel down here nearly as well as it usually does. Even more strange, Mercyhurst had a huge crowd come to Indiana.

The first two games had themes ... HOF/Parents and then Homecoming. This will be a big test with an 0-7 team in town. I'd suspect they'll get about 4,000 through the gate. I'd love to see them crack 5,000 again but I'd be shocked.
                  IUP on break this weekend thru Tuesday....... campus will be empty........

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP Indians View Post

IUP on break this weekend thru Tuesday....... campus will be empty........
                    True. But I think when students show up it's just seen as a bonus. Nobody really anticipates them attending. As Nation said they are pumping a ton of free tickets to the Indiana schools. Hopefully it works.

Comment

Small town versus big town, sure. Indiana doesn't have multiple places to eat & drink on water, though.
                      I saw two restaurants facing the water on the map...five if you count the Taco Bell, the Mexican restaurant and the Chinese Buffet near the water.

Seems like there is high potential for something grander there...there is your opportunity...you can quit working for the enemy and be a big shot in Edinboro!
                      Last edited by IUPNation; 10-18-2022, 10:06 AM.

Comment

True. But I think when students show up it's just seen as a bonus. Nobody really anticipates them attending. As Nation said they are pumping a ton of free tickets to the Indiana schools. Hopefully it works.
                        At this level, I think schools have to do whatever it takes to gets butts in seats. Works for the PBC.

Comment

Its really not. Boro football has a tradition for Slippery Rock week - not for IUP.
                          Hate to disagree with you FS82 but it seems like you're taking a page out of the Trump playbook. Just deny everything.

I thought everybody hated IUP. In some cases, I think that hatred is turning into fear (or resentment).

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I saw two restaurants facing the water on the map...five if you count the Taco Bell, the Mexican restaurant and the Chinese Buffet near the water.
                            I expect the folks from the Michelin Guide and Zagat Ratings to be descending on Indiana County very soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Hate to disagree with you FS82 but it seems like you're taking a page out of the Trump playbook. Just deny everything.

I thought everybody hated IUP. In some cases, I think that hatred is turning into fear (or resentment).
                              Hate IUP, absolutely yes. Considering the IUP game as big as Homecoming, no. Its always a big game - not always the biggest. Boro has (had?) a tradition specific to Slippery Rock week. I don't recall one for IUP week. Honestly, with all the chippiness of the last several years, Gannon might be it now.

Comment

Agreed. IUP and Shepherd aren't playing this week.

While it is doubtful either loses any of their next three games, a lot can happen. They need to focus on health -- and, my favorite coachism of all time ... "one game at a time".

IUP and Shepherd could both look much different a month from now.
                                Exactly, so much can change . Look at IUP 2016, great team turns average in 1 play when Lenny Williams is sacked against Mercyhurst. Still blew Fairmont out in round 1 but too much talent the next round (Cal) caught up to them.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X