X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

If you want to talk disaster go take a glance on the Penn State message boards. Not happy in the valley this morning.
    Yeah I can't handle that. I guess that's a manifestation of my lifetime as an Edinboro football and Pirates fan. Everyone can't be the best.

People are taking that stupid Talladega Nights quote to heart and it's so effing annoying.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

IUP fans and Pitt fans are completely distinct. Two different situations with virtually no overlap. Analogies mean nothing. It's just about IUP. The heyday of Pitt football is 40 years ago. IUP was conference champions last year. One has nothing to do with the other.
    I get what you're saying, but it's the same sentiment. Once that third loss happens the fans start acting like pets' heads are falling off. To paraphrase the 16th president, rumors of IUP's demise are greatly exaggerated.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

No but sometimes it feels like IUP fans and Pitt fans are similar that the expectations are so high that disappointment feels like disaster. This season is a disappointment, not a disaster.
    If you want to talk disaster go take a glance on the Penn State message boards. Not happy in the valley this morning.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

No but sometimes it feels like IUP fans and Pitt fans are similar that the expectations are so high that disappointment feels like disaster. This season is a disappointment, not a disaster.
    IUP fans and Pitt fans are completely distinct. Two different situations with virtually no overlap. Analogies mean nothing. It's just about IUP. The heyday of Pitt football is 40 years ago. IUP was conference champions last year. One has nothing to do with the other.

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied

It ain't over yet. Wait until Clarion beats them.
    Perhaps, but he's not wrong. It seems like you guys will not be content without a national semifinal. And there's just too many quality programs to have that as the expectation every year.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

It ain't over yet. Wait until Clarion beats Tort.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

He’ll have lame excuses why they lost.
    That damn scoreboard operator cost Tort his whole season. Lol.

There are losses and then there's embarrassment. He's now lost two embarrassing games.

I get this team is checked out mentally. Being honest, I think they started checking out after the timeout fiasco.

No matter how you spin it, this program is 4-5 in its past 9 games.

Maybe tomorrow we'll hear the defense is a year away, too.

Basketball ... 19 days ... can't get here fast enough.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

The answer is pretty much everybody's expectations. Are you saying that you somehow foresaw a meltdown of this magnitude?

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

At the very least, the coaches in the league as IUP was picked to finish first.

Every team at IUP will always have expectations.

I said weeks ago all wasn't well behind the scenes with this current group.

Unfortunately they still have three more games (and may not win again).
    I always like to defer to the head coach as they're the director of the program. Garzarelli is a good AD but he's not a former football coach that would know when things are obviously beyond repair. IUP football doesn't generate enough revenue to have a handful of donors influence business decisions. I'm fairly certain none of IUP's biggest donors are IUP football followers. As far as we know the team isn't an issue in the classroom or the community. Tort needs an honest review with an opportunity for honest assessment. If it's fixable, have him fix it or else. If it's beyond him, that's that. He's not incompetent.

My opinion is that some recruits weren't as good as he had thought. That happens. Nothing against Hunter, but it feels like they crossed off Sexton's name on the play book cover and wrote Hunter. That's metaphorical but if true points to bad management.

Sometimes expectations are unreasonable. Sometimes they're inaccurate. I think this season is the latter.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

I'm not trying to be an ass, but whose expectations?
    The answer is pretty much everybody's expectations. Are you saying that you somehow foresaw a meltdown of this magnitude?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

At the very least, the coaches in the league as IUP was picked to finish first.

Every team at IUP will always have expectations.

I said weeks ago all wasn't well behind the scenes with this current group.

Unfortunately they still have three more games (and may not win again).

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    I've been following competitive sports on all levels for about 55 years. I don't think I have ever seen such a huge gap between expectations and results as this. Serious action needs to be taken.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    I've been following competitive sports on all levels for about 55 years. I don't think I have ever seen such a huge gap between expectations and results as this. Serious action needs to be taken.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

they could reassign him and hope he retires. I think the admin will give him another season to sort things out, but he’s stuck because his old buddies on the staff are part of the problem. I think most donors are willing to go with - it’s just one bad season, we’re one year away. next year they’ll be good . 19 days til basketball
    He needs to take ownership of this disaster or he should quit.

This is unacceptable results. We are IUP.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

All depends on his contract. Not sure IUP wants to pay out the remainder. Can't imagine it's up in June. Several years ago when Edinboro fired Scott Browning with 2 years left on his contract it cost them almost a half million in contracted salary, benefits, and unused leave payout and that was on a salary much lower than Tort. Given IUP's financial situation, the faculty might have Driscoll's head if he pulls that trigger.
    they could reassign him and hope he retires. I think the admin will give him another season to sort things out, but he’s stuck because his old buddies on the staff are part of the problem. I think most donors are willing to go with - it’s just one bad season, we’re one year away. next year they’ll be good . 19 days til basketball

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X