X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's likely going to happen. It this team wasn't fully tapped out (mentally) prior to Saturday, it surely will be by practice today.

If Seton Hill smoked them for 35, Gannon may hang a 50 burger on them.
    Only players that will be checked in will be the ones thinking they are fighting for future PT. Other than that... blah!!!

#FIRETORT

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

We have higher standards. A losing season just cannot happen.
    It's likely going to happen. It this team wasn't fully tapped out (mentally) prior to Saturday, it surely will be by practice today.

If Seton Hill smoked them for 35, Gannon may hang a 50 burger on them.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
    I forgot this probably puts IUP behind the 8-ball in the Dixon Trophy race.

The Home Office might need to revisit the rules.
    It might finally not be bogus this year. For once.

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied
    I forgot this probably puts IUP behind the 8-ball in the Dixon Trophy race.

The Home Office might need to revisit the rules.

Leave a comment:

• DawgPound
    replied
    The white flag is flying. The only positive is we will probably win the elusive Dixon Trophy for the year 😭

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    IUP’s disastrous fall sports season gets worse..the golf team finished second.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

If you want to talk disaster go take a glance on the Penn State message boards. Not happy in the valley this morning.
    I don’t know why. He can’t win big games. What did they expect. I knew they’d lose and I’m just a casual Nits supporter.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

Perhaps, but he's not wrong. It seems like you guys will not be content without a national semifinal. And there's just too many quality programs to have that as the expectation every year.
    We have higher standards. A losing season just cannot happen.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

No but sometimes it feels like IUP fans and Pitt fans are similar that the expectations are so high that disappointment feels like disaster. This season is a disappointment, not a disaster.
    It’s a disappointment at other Pee Sack schools. It’s a disaster at IUP.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    So, if you think IUP's situation somehow resembles PSU's - to use an analogy - IUP losing to SHU is like if PSU would have lost to UMass last week. That's where we are.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

The question being asked on those boards (in polite terms) is has PSU hit its ceiling under Franklin. Obviously his record under the bright lights is horrendous.
    His record against the top guys certainly is bad, although the Nits weren't exactly rolling through Ohio State and some of the other B1G teams under JoePa's latter years. They don't seem to consistently get the caliber of QB Ohio State has had. I think the current kid has potential, but he looked like a sophomore Saturday and didn't get much help from an o-line that looks overrated this season. And the Buckeyes clearly had them outclassed at wide receiver where Harrison (the Pa. guy who got away) changed the course of the game by drawing holding penalties that both took away a Penn State TD and turned into one for Ohio State. At this point whether Franklin has hit his ceiling is a legitimate question. I've always been more impressed with his recruiting than his game day coaching.

Leave a comment:

• DawgPound
    replied
    To sum this up. One (Alumni, Reporters, Conference Coaches, etc) doesn't expect IUP to go backwards after winning the conference last year. "All In" is more like "Pray and Win on a Whim". If Tort is not held responsible for this, then I ask what the expectation is from the President and AD.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Penn State fans, of which my brother and nephew are two, generally aren't bad in person, but PSU has some of the most toxic online message boards I've ever encountered. I made the mistake of getting on the Blue-White board or whatever they call it now once or twice and will never repeat that mistake. They're a prime example of why these big schools that talk of forming super conferences and kicking the Northwesterns and Indianas to the curb better be careful what they wish for. Imagine if Penn State were in a conference with teams such as Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Florida State, etc., thrown in along with Ohio State and Michigan. They might get a little preview of that when USC, UCLA, Oregon, and Washington come in next season and divisions end. They'll have a little more than OSU and Michigan to worry about.
    The question being asked on those boards (in polite terms) is has PSU hit its ceiling under Franklin. Obviously his record under the bright lights is horrendous.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

They lost to Seton Hill, how is this not a disaster?
    If losing in Greensburg isn't a disaster ... yikes. How in the world did that team smoke them for 35 points?

I get many are probably checked out inside that locker room but this is just embarrassing.

Needless to say there will be plenty of great seats available in 6 days.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

If you want to talk disaster go take a glance on the Penn State message boards. Not happy in the valley this morning.
    Penn State fans, of which my brother and nephew are two, generally aren't bad in person, but PSU has some of the most toxic online message boards I've ever encountered. I made the mistake of getting on the Blue-White board or whatever they call it now once or twice and will never repeat that mistake. They're a prime example of why these big schools that talk of forming super conferences and kicking the Northwesterns and Indianas to the curb better be careful what they wish for. Imagine if Penn State were in a conference with teams such as Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Florida State, etc., thrown in along with Ohio State and Michigan. They might get a little preview of that when USC, UCLA, Oregon, and Washington come in next season and divisions end. They'll have a little more than OSU and Michigan to worry about.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X