Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Jamestown be accepted into the NSIC?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Finchwidget View Post

Huh, I wouldn't have guessed. Seems counterintuitive, but I guess there aren't really any better options for Wayne. Thanks for the tip
    Typically meant there was at least 1 D2 Game going on in Sioux Falls every weekend.
    Last edited by zimmy21; 05-03-2024, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CheapSkate View Post
      https://www.startribune.com/scsu-pre...ead/600363380/

By the time Dakota State is ready for the NSIC, St. Cloud should be about cleaned out and locked up, so at least the league will be back to an even number of teams.

TLDR
      $24M in budget deficit ... 45% enrollment decline ... major layoffs looming ... president bails before completing contract expires.
      Lock it up, and lock up anyone that every went there for good measure

Comment

• SCSU is going to be a case study in 100 years about how a once proud and respected university can take a nose dive into oblivion.

Their downfall is nothing short of fascinating.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
          SCSU is going to be a case study in 100 years about how a once proud and respected university can take a nose dive into oblivion.

Their downfall is nothing short of fascinating.
          You ain't kiddin' ... in the 2006-07-08-09 range their enrollment was second in the state behind only the U of M -- 17,000 or so. And in those days football was a playoff contender, women's hoops was coming off back-to-back Elite Eights, softball had just been to the world series, men's hoops was about to run to the Final Four, baseball and wrestling were on the cusp of national prominence, golf and tennis were NCC contenders each year and swimming and diving piled up All-American's every season.

Now 15 years later ... woof

Comment

You ain't kiddin' ... in the 2006-07-08-09 range their enrollment was second in the state behind only the U of M -- 17,000 or so. And in those days football was a playoff contender, women's hoops was coming off back-to-back Elite Eights, softball had just been to the world series, men's hoops was about to run to the Final Four, baseball and wrestling were on the cusp of national prominence, golf and tennis were NCC contenders each year and swimming and diving piled up All-American's every season.

It will be interesting to see what really drove it down. It was always the City kid's close enough to home school. Outstate as teens in the late 00's we regarded it as the party school that losers went to.

Comment

I honestly can't recall another public university that size going downhill so fast. Granted I'm not a historian of higher ed - but still.

I was at SMSU when MSU took them over in enrollment. They were always the #2 option behind the U of M - now I never hear of anyone ever going there. It's sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Brookens View Post
                No doubt in my mind Dakota State is NSIC bound. They're the only public school left in their conference in the NAIA, the only public college in South Dakota that hasn't moved up from NAIA to NCAA. They make a perfect travel partner for one of the Sioux Falls schools. As a computer/tech focused school, their enrollment should remain steady or growing. And if I was an AD at an NAIA school that had the resources to make the move, I'd 100% do it in this current environment.
                Not really correct. Valley City and Mayville St are public schools and are in the same boat at Dakota St, but are exploring both D2 and D3 along with the Frontier conference. Dickinson St (also DSU, for those of you who like to throw around the DSU abbreviation) joined the Frontier, which would take in all the schools if they are willing. I'm guessing Dakota St rejects that possibility from the crazy travel that would be involved for them. Years ago, the Frontier tried to have Dickinson St, Jamestown, Mayville and Valley City all join and put them in their own division, which could have controlled some of the travel. Only Dickinson St agreed to join the Frontier, but left once the North Star was able to form. Now they feel they have to go back as they'd prefer to stay NAIA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

NSIC in 2026??
                  as soon as they can I presume

Comment

• St Cloud simply amazing. Womens hockey killed their finances. the town has changed and is now dangerous. You aren't supposed to say that, I know, but it is

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                      the town has changed and is now dangerous. You aren't supposed to say that, I know, but it is
                      I was wondering when that might be brought up.

Comment

• How long will ST Cloud keep the doors open

Comment

St Cloud simply amazing. Womens hockey killed their finances. the town has changed and is now dangerous. You aren't supposed to say that, I know, but it is
                          I used to spend a lot of time in St Cloud, but now I do my best to avoid it…and have heard the same from way too many.

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeFBGuy View Post
                            How long will ST Cloud keep the doors open
                            FOREVER stay true to blue, Jimmie football remains undefeated vs Huskies!

Comment

St Cloud simply amazing. Womens hockey killed their finances. the town has changed and is now dangerous. You aren't supposed to say that, I know, but it is
                              On the bolded - it's a meme. Everyone says it's a dump. The only people who don't are a handful of folks that live there that can't see what it is.

It was never that great to begin with though.

Comment

• The closest thing to SCSU's collapse I can think of are the Illinois State schools.

Also I saw that Northern Colorado is rejoining the Dakota schools in the Summit

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X