Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Third shooting just announced. Quite a night.
    They've only confirmed two shootings, which the cops say are unrelated (I call BS on that one): 12th and Philadelphia for the first scene around 1, then on Oakland Street an hour later.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
      How do we know that the actors involved in the shootings were students and not 'townie trash'? Because, believe me, California Borough had their fair share of townie trash (emphasis on the word 'trash') who made that town almost unbearable at times.
      Michelle Fryling has anounced that 2 of the 4 people injured are IUP students. This implies that the shooters were not. since she reports on IUP students. Now maybe she is waiting for more info from police but I'm thinking the real problem here are visitors.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
        They've only confirmed two shootings, which the cops say are unrelated (I call BS on that one): 12th and Philadelphia for the first scene around 1, then on Oakland Street an hour later.
        Third event was firing a weapon, no one was hurt. there was property damage. good old copper Beech

Comment

Valid. But .. when three separate shootings go down on Friday night of IUPATTY'S ... and end up all over the mainstream media ... it doesn't matter if they were students or not. It all gets linked to IUP in public perception.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Valid. But .. when three separate shootings go down on Friday night of IUPATTY'S ... and end up all over the mainstream media ... it doesn't matter if they were students or not. It all gets linked to IUP in public perception.
            Absolutely bad PR at the worst possible time. There was a group trying to reduce the problems, that included university, police, and other groups. Obviously they failed. They have to make IUP unfriendly to these visitors, maybe do some intelligence gathering about where the problems are coming from. Maybe stop the third and forth chances

Edit - WDAD is reporting that one victim had died - so sad
            Last edited by ironmaniup; 03-25-2017, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Yes. One confirmed dead. The three others are listed in critical condition. Two suspects in custody.

At least two of the victims have been confirmed as IUP students. It has not been said if the deceased victim was a student.

Comment

Not confirmed but it sounds like the deceased victim was a student at Indiana High School.

Comment

Show goes on ... campus is insane right now.

Why let a death and 3 others critical kill the party. Tonight will be another crap show.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                    Michelle Fryling has anounced that 2 of the 4 people injured are IUP students. This implies that the shooters were not. since she reports on IUP students. Now maybe she is waiting for more info from police but I'm thinking the real problem here are visitors.
                    One of my Facebook friends lives in Indiana Borough and was saying that a lot of the problems with the 'visitors' are drug-related. I can't say that I'm shocked, to be honest.
                    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

IUP students started this "tradition" in and around IUP's campus. IUP officials year after year fail miserably to curtail this garbage and it gets more and more out of control. Spare me the garbage about outside visitors or townies. This is IUP's problem and IUP's fault. And now they have blood on their hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
                        IUP students started this "tradition" in and around IUP's campus. IUP officials year after year fail miserably to curtail this garbage and it gets more and more out of control. Spare me the garbage about outside visitors or townies. This is IUP's problem and IUP's fault. And now they have blood on their hands.
                        To be fair, the shootings were by not by students, but locals. the one sounds drug related. The IUP students involved were bystanders according to police. Basically a carriage house incident happened during IUPattys.

But I agree they need to calm down the IUPattys event.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                          To be fair, the shootings were by not by students, but locals. the one sounds drug related. The IUP students involved were bystanders according to police. Basically a carriage house incident happened during IUPattys.

But I agree they need to calm down the IUPattys event.
                          They need to shut down the IUPattys event.

Comment

If this event was in the wealthy sections of town it would have ended years ago.

Comment

Based on this PennLive article it doesn't seem like anyone involved was an IUP student

The shootings took place near IUP but not on campus, and none of the parties involved was a student there, said Michelle Fryling, a university spokeswoman.
                              Looks like one shooting was due to some sort of argument and the other was revenge for an alleged robbery.

Comment

This situation reminds of Iowa State's VEISHEA....was the largest student run festival in the country at one time. Was basically a week long drunk fest that every college-aged person in Iowa showed up to, whether they were a student or not. The year I was a student, a non-student stabbed a student at a frat party. The next year, they announced VEISHEA would be a dry event....no alcohol allowed on campus during the week at all. That policy was enforced about as well as the speed limit. Eventually more stuff happened and three years ago was the last one (after more than 80 years of the festival).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X