Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Ethan off the floor!!! He’s limping everywhere. Got to get him healthy!

Comment

• 4 is a little b!tch

They beat them worse with him than without him.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        4 is a little b!tch

They beat them worse with him than without him.
        He was a cocky **** and did nothing!

Joe said it’s possible Ethan sits Saturday in the post game. I truly think he needs it at this point. His game is declining on the offensive end. Get Diop some minutes against that Big Douche on Gannon.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Joe said it’s possible Ethan sits Saturday in the post game. I truly think he needs it at this point. His game is declining on the offensive end. Get Diop some minutes against that Big Douche on Gannon.
          If it means Ethan doesn't play on Monday night against Mercyhurst too, I'm fine with that. Every decision has to thinking what's best for the program in terms of accomplishing all of the goals. I trust Joe knows what to do here. Need to play the long game.

Comment

• Not a lot to be said about a lopsided road win like that. But here's a takeaway I had...

There was a moment when things were going south for Joe and the gang in the first half. Seton Hill went on a big run. Those guys were excited and had a lot of emotion coming at IUP. The fans were extremely engaged in the game. People had upset on their mind. That was a moment where I think a lot of teams crack. The guys calling the game for Seton Hill (tremendous broadcast there as always by the way) kept talking about how even though things were not going their way, and they weren't playing well, you could just tell that there was zero panic in the eyes of IUP.

And just like that, Shawndale Jones gets a bucket and a foul underneath going into a media timeout, and the script flipped in a second. Seton Hill isn't a "great" team. But they're a good one. And they had the crowd behind them tonight. It just took one second for IUP to snap right back into the driver's seat and win extremely comfortably. This group is different. Something special here.
            Last edited by IUP24; 02-02-2023, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I didn’t get to see a lot of the game. Did Ethan get hurt or is this an accumulation of the issues he’s already been dealing with?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

I didn’t get to see a lot of the game. Did Ethan get hurt or is this an accumulation of the issues he’s already been dealing with?
                Accumulation

Brooks can play more and Diop is more than capable.

Comment

• Other than the little spurt Seton Hill made in the first half, this was a pretty easy win for IUP in what has been a tough place to play for some. I understand the idea of sitting Ethan, but if that’s the case, why was he sent back into the game mid-way through the second half with IUP up 20+? That’s baffling to me.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him playing on Saturday, despite the suggestion he may sit.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                    Other than the little spurt Seton Hill made in the first half, this was a pretty easy win for IUP in what has been a tough place to play for some. I understand the idea of sitting Ethan, but if that’s the case, why was he sent back into the game mid-way through the second half with IUP up 20+? That’s baffling to me.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him playing on Saturday, despite the suggestion he may sit.
                    I'd guess he dresses and plays 10-12 minutes. He'll have today and tomorrow off.

Comment

• If Ethan doesn't play Saturday, it could be an interesting game. Gannon, despite its record, was actually one of IUP's tougher games this year (IUP won by just 12 points). It can be argued that was a hangover game for IUP. Of course, it can be argued this is a trap game -- with a trip to Mercyhurst looming 48 hours later.

I get their record. But, anybody watching knows they are better than said record and play just about everybody tough. Their sharpshooter, Chris Clancy, also didn't play in the first meeting. He hit 5 of 8 treys on Slippery Rock last night. He instantly gives them an element they didn't have in the first meeting.

With Kent banging inside (without Ethan) and Clancy firing away along with their athletic guards ... it could be a little tussle on Saturday.

Ethan played 23 minutes last night -- finishing with 2 points, 6 boards, 2 blocks and 4 assists. He was 1-6 from the field and 0-3 from deep. I still contend he's not missing shots by much. He's close. They just aren't falling.

I never believe coaches' comments regarding upcoming games. Why would Joe come out and say Ethan may not play and take away the element of surprise? I think he will play in a very limited capacity. If anything, he'll likely dress in the event of an emergency.

So, it should be a heavy dose of Damir Brooks. He's ready. He can't shoot the three like Ethan but can do a lot of things underneath. Diop can also easily give them a productive 5-10 minutes.

Jefferson got away with a lot of crap in the first game. That stuff won't fly in the KCAC.

Comment

If Ethan doesn't play Saturday, it could be an interesting game. Gannon, despite its record, was actually one of IUP's tougher games this year (IUP won by just 12 points). It can be argued that was a hangover game for IUP. Of course, it can be argued this is a trap game -- with a trip to Mercyhurst looming 48 hours later.

I get their record. But, anybody watching knows they are better than said record and play just about everybody tough. Their sharpshooter, Chris Clancy, also didn't play in the first meeting. He hit 5 of 8 treys on Slippery Rock last night. He instantly gives them an element they didn't have in the first meeting.

With Kent banging inside (without Ethan) and Clancy firing away along with their athletic guards ... it could be a little tussle on Saturday.

Ethan played 23 minutes last night -- finishing with 2 points, 6 boards, 2 blocks and 4 assists. He was 1-6 from the field and 0-3 from deep. I still contend he's not missing shots by much. He's close. They just aren't falling.

I never believe coaches' comments regarding upcoming games. Why would Joe come out and say Ethan may not play and take away the element of surprise? I think he will play in a very limited capacity. If anything, he'll likely dress in the event of an emergency.

So, it should be a heavy dose of Damir Brooks. He's ready. He can't shoot the three like Ethan but can do a lot of things underneath. Diop can also easily give them a productive 5-10 minutes.

Jefferson got away with a lot of crap in the first game. That stuff won't fly in the KCAC.
                        I hope the KCAC is packed with crazies and they harrass the heck out of Jefferson and Kent. They'd lose their minds!!!

Comment

If Ethan doesn't play Saturday, it could be an interesting game. Gannon, despite its record, was actually one of IUP's tougher games this year (IUP won by just 12 points). It can be argued that was a hangover game for IUP. Of course, it can be argued this is a trap game -- with a trip to Mercyhurst looming 48 hours later.

With reference to Gannon, in an earlier post this year I said I have to give a shoutout to most of the players on the lower-tier teams in the PSAC this season. Despite poor records, I don't get the sense that the players on most of these teams are packing it in this year. Ship's games with teams such as Gannon, Bloom, and Mansfield have not been easy affairs and in fact were harder than some of the games against opponents with better records. IUP, as expected, is obviously the class of the league this year, but for the rest of the teams it's almost a matter of anyone can beat anyone else on a given night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

With reference to Gannon, in an earlier post this year I said I have to give a shoutout to most of the players on the lower-tier teams in the PSAC this season. Despite poor records, I don't get the sense that the players on most of these teams are packing it in this year. Ship's games with teams such as Gannon, Bloom, and Mansfield have not been easy affairs and in fact were harder than some of the games against opponents with better records. IUP, as expected, is obviously the class of the league this year, but for the rest of the teams it's almost a matter of anyone can beat anyone else on a given night.
                            I agree overall with your sentiment about the PSAC. Teams don't seem to be mailing it in. IUP was never in real danger of losing to East Stroudsburg, but man, they just kept on coming. Gannon was a battle earlier in the year. Multiple games have been hard fought, with the better team just simply pulling away.

On a different subject, but sort of related...

IUP typically gets everyone's best shot. Joe often talks about teams being excited to come into the KCAC. He's also referenced opposing fans being excited when they come into their building as they are typically a ranked team. I feel like the last 2-3 games we've started to see that "target on their back" cliche get a little bigger. Meaning, the deeper into this we get, the more and more teams want to turn that "0" into a "1" and knock off number one. Seton Hill is a good team, but it was extremely evident watching last night that there was an extra jolt within that bunch. I doubt they pack their building like that most nights either. In fact, I know they don't. The way all the SH athletic teams (which seemed like those were the only students at the game against IUP - as always) tried to harass and heckle, and the way they got excited for every layup... Meant a little bit more in the McKenna Center.

Here's how I know we're deep into the season and how this run of 21 straight games is "real," if you will... Last night during the IUP-Seton Hill game, the guys calling the game were discussing whether or not it's better for IUP to lose a game here in the next week or so, or keep working towards finishing unblemished. At no point this year have I even thought like that, because I never even once considered that they might go undefeated in a regular season.. But I'm looking at the schedule.. If they can manage to win against Mercyhurst, they may actually do just that (although I'm betting they drop a game or two still). Their whole argument was that the longer you go without losing, the pressure to not lose continues to mount, as the excitement to be the team that knocks you off also grows. And when you do end up losing, it is the loss that may end your season.

I don't think IUP goes undefeated. But it's just food for thought. I think the league this year seems to play harder than typical. Maybe that's forced IUP to be more focused. I think past IUP teams not as mentally strong would have succumbed to the Seton Hill and crowd, and subsequently blow the game on the road. But this one did not.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I agree overall with your sentiment about the PSAC. Teams don't seem to be mailing it in. IUP was never in real danger of losing to East Stroudsburg, but man, they just kept on coming. Gannon was a battle earlier in the year. Multiple games have been hard fought, with the better team just simply pulling away.

IUP typically gets everyone's best shot. Joe often talks about teams being excited to come into the KCAC. He's also referenced opposing fans being excited when they come into their building as they are typically a ranked team. I feel like the last 2-3 games we've started to see that "target on their back" cliche get a little bigger. Meaning, the deeper into this we get, the more and more teams want to turn that "0" into a "1" and knock off number one. Seton Hill is a good team, but it was extremely evident watching last night that there was an extra jolt within that bunch. I doubt they pack their building like that most nights either. In fact, I know they don't. The way all the SH athletic teams (which seemed like those were the only students at the game against IUP - as always) tried to harass and heckle, and the way they got excited for every layup... Meant a little bit more in the McKenna Center.

Here's how I know we're deep into the season and how this run of 21 straight games is "real," if you will... Last night during the IUP-Seton Hill game, the guys calling the game were discussing whether or not it's better for IUP to lose a game here in the next week or so, or keep working towards finishing unblemished. At no point this year have I even thought like that, because I never even once considered that they might go undefeated in a regular season.. But I'm looking at the schedule.. If they can manage to win against Mercyhurst, they may actually do just that (although I'm betting they drop a game or two still). Their whole argument was that the longer you go without losing, the pressure to not lose continues to mount, as the excitement to be the team that knocks you off also grows. And when you do end up losing, it is the loss that may end your season.

I don't think IUP goes undefeated. But it's just food for thought. I think the league this year seems to play harder than typical. Maybe that's forced IUP to be more focused. I think past IUP teams not as mentally strong would have succumbed to the Seton Hill and crowd, and subsequently blow the game on the road. But this one did not.
                              This is a very mature team with very good leaders. Make no mistake, David and Shawndale are the bosses of that team. Joe hoots and hollers a lot (like most coaches) but David and Shawndale control that roster.

Shawndale just relishes playing on the road in a hostile environment. He thrives off it. Not many do.

All teams say the mumbo jumbo about 'next game', etc., but this group is doing it. I really don't think they are looking ahead.

They best not look past Saturday.

I still think a loss is (probably) coming - perhaps at Mercyhurst. It would likely do them good in the long haul. IUP has a nice cushion over the whole region right now.

As for the pressure, I don't get the vibe it's bothering this group. Ethan is a far bigger concern than any perceived pressure.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Our experience like that was in 2010-2011. WLU went 33-0 to start the season, winning every regular season game, every conference tourney game, and making the final 4, before eventually falling to our old friend Jet Chang of BYU-Hawaii (and the Taiwanese National Team) in the National Semis.

That whole season, it felt like WLU was so far above and beyond the conference that it seemed like they'd never lose (much like IUP is this season in the PSAC). There just aren't that many games on IUP's schedule this season where a loss is even fathomable (especially after seeing them dismantle ESU so easily last week). Fairmont & Wheeling were the only two close games in 2010-2011 (and as you say, when the target is so firmly on your back, it's the teams that know you best that have the best shot at you), but WLU survived those two scares.

But you're also right that when the loss finally came--in a game in which we just had no answer for the quickness of the aptly named Jet--it instantly ended the season.
                                Last edited by Scrub; 02-02-2023, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X