• Ashland 80
    Gannon 54

Final

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Ashland 80
      Gannon 54

Final
      It was like watching a youth rec game... Jefferson rotating players in every 3 mins in first half. Sadly, Ashland wasn't overly impressive. Going to be a long season it appears.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
        Final at ANGELO DOME..... CAL VULCANS- 76 LINCOLN LIONS- 81. Still missing several critical players due to injuries.
        Looking at the box, Danny is basically playing ironman basketball. He played (6) guys and the 6th man played just 13 minutes.

They'll be tough once Collins and Lucas return. An idea on the time-frame?

Comment

Looking at the box, Danny is basically playing ironman basketball. He played (6) guys and the 6th man played just 13 minutes.

They'll be tough once Collins and Lucas return. An idea on the time-frame?
          No idea but it better be before someone else drops from exhaustion.

Comment

• Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

It was like watching a youth rec game... Jefferson rotating players in every 3 mins in first half. Sadly, Ashland wasn't overly impressive. Going to be a long season it appears.
            Gannon is dead! Jefferson's recruiting stinks and had a couple players get in trouble. I do believe those players were booted from the University.

Comment

• Seton Hill moved to 3-0 last night after blowing out Salem.

That's three games and three run-aways. An 0-3 Roberts Wesleyan is up next.

So, the Griffins should be 4-0 heading in to the big Shippensburg visit next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Gannon is dead! Jefferson's recruiting stinks and had a couple players get in trouble. I do believe those players were booted from the University.
                Makes you wonder what sort of contract he has. I doubt he's straight-up "at will" but maybe Gannon no longer sees basketball as the PR engine worthy of the financial cost to pay him out.

Comment

Seton Hill moved to 3-0 last night after blowing out Salem.

That's three games and three run-aways. An 0-3 Roberts Wesleyan is up next.

So, the Griffins should be 4-0 heading in to the big Shippensburg visit next week.
                  LOL. Just what Ship needed to add to a miserable first-month schedule — an improved Seton Hill team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

LOL. Just what Ship needed to add to a miserable first-month schedule — an improved Seton Hill team.
                    Curiosity got the better of me. I took a quick glance at Seton Hill. They were, to say it politely, not good last year. Consider, SH won 3 games all of last year (3-24). They've won three games this season by Nov. 16. So, what's turned them in to a 90+ point scoring machine here early on?

* Three of their top players are back -- Samuel Tabe, Drew Green and Sean Dillon.
                    -- Tabe and Green are both 6'5" senior guards. They've played a lot of D2 basketball.
                    -- Dillon caught my eye last year at point guard. He's a pretty solid player. He's a junior -- also with a lot of experience.

* Jimmy Moon has always been full of potential, but has battled injuries his whole career. He's a house at 7'0, 240 lbs. He can shoot outside, too. He looks like he had a total transformation this offseason and looks to be in really good physical condition. He's also a senior.

* Their next two top scorers are both juniors. They also seem to have found a legit player in freshman Gabe Gillespie (6'6", 215 lbs).

* Schedule: Granted, Notre Dame, Alderson Broaddus and Salem aren't world-beaters, but they also don't get blown out of the gym very often. That happened in all three games. Last year, the Griffins couldn't hit the side of a barn shooting the ball. So far this year they are hitting 53% from the field and 40% from deep along with 68% from the FT line. They are also forcing 23 TOs per game while turning it over just 13 times per game. They are also playing much better defense. Last year they gave up 81 ppg. Through three games this year that has been cut to just 63.3 ppg.

* Perhaps most importantly, their new HC, Ben Wilkins, seems like he has totally flipped the switch on the culture of the program.

I've long thought they've had 'sleeping giant' potential in men's basketball. Their home gym, when engaged, is one of the toughest venues in the league to play inside. It's claustrophobic. Loud. Very small. I know first-hand IUP hates playing there. They can max out scholarship money yearly. They are obviously a long way from becoming a power, but the right coach can win big there (in my opinion).

Comment

• Clarion's trip to Daemen tomorrow has been PPD due to weather.

Comment

Curiosity got the better of me. I took a quick glance at Seton Hill. They were, to say it politely, not good last year. Consider, SH won 3 games all of last year (3-24). They've won three games this season by Nov. 16. So, what's turned them in to a 90+ point scoring machine here early on?

* Three of their top players are back -- Samuel Tabe, Drew Green and Sean Dillon.
                        -- Tabe and Green are both 6'5" senior guards. They've played a lot of D2 basketball.
                        -- Dillon caught my eye last year at point guard. He's a pretty solid player. He's a junior -- also with a lot of experience.

* Jimmy Moon has always been full of potential, but has battled injuries his whole career. He's a house at 7'0, 240 lbs. He can shoot outside, too. He looks like he had a total transformation this offseason and looks to be in really good physical condition. He's also a senior.

* Their next two top scorers are both juniors. They also seem to have found a legit player in freshman Gabe Gillespie (6'6", 215 lbs).

* Schedule: Granted, Notre Dame, Alderson Broaddus and Salem aren't world-beaters, but they also don't get blown out of the gym very often. That happened in all three games. Last year, the Griffins couldn't hit the side of a barn shooting the ball. So far this year they are hitting 53% from the field and 40% from deep along with 68% from the FT line. They are also forcing 23 TOs per game while turning it over just 13 times per game. They are also playing much better defense. Last year they gave up 81 ppg. Through three games this year that has been cut to just 63.3 ppg.

* Perhaps most importantly, their new HC, Ben Wilkins, seems like he has totally flipped the switch on the culture of the program.

I've long thought they've had 'sleeping giant' potential in men's basketball. Their home gym, when engaged, is one of the toughest venues in the league to play inside. It's claustrophobic. Loud. Very small. I know first-hand IUP hates playing there. They can max out scholarship money yearly. They are obviously a long way from becoming a power, but the right coach can win big there (in my opinion).
                        Yeah, that Moon really caught my eye last year — hard not to when a guy is that big. I thought they had some potential last year and if the new coach has indeed flipped the switch they could be trouble this year. Ship obviously is still searching for a few answers, so almost all of our early games are a worry to me. Wilmington was the one game I chalked up as a probable win, and the Raiders didn't win that one by all that much.

Comment

• UPDATED MEN'S (WEST) STANDINGS
                          TEAM RECORD STREAK
                          IUP 4-0 W4
                          Mercyhurst 1-0 W1
                          Seton Hill 4-0 W4
                          Slippery Rock 3-0 W3
                          Pitt-Johnstown 2-1 L1
                          California 2-2 W1
                          Edinboro 1-2 W1
                          Gannon 0-2 L2
                          Clarion 0-2 L2

UPDATED MEN'S (EAST) STANDINGS
                          East Stroudsburg 2-0 W2
                          West Chester 3-0 W3
                          Lock Haven 3-1 W1
                          Mansfield 1-2 L1
                          Shepherd 1-2 L1
                          Shippensburg 1-2 W1
                          Millersville 1-3 L1
                          Bloomsburg 0-2 L2
                          Kutztown 0-4 L4

Comment

• Good lineup today:

Daemen at Slippery Rock

Shippensburg at Seton Hill

UPJ at Nova Southeastern

Comment

Good lineup today:

Daemen at Slippery Rock

Shippensburg at Seton Hill

UPJ at Nova Southeastern
                              SRU 38-35 half… dog fight

Comment

• Is Ship/SH an actual crossover game or is it a non-conference? Odd because it's so early.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X