Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

Way too lightly. I watched the replay of the game and if Bloom didn't miss 7 wide open layups - they could have easily came away with a W.

Question.. Petteno.. is it Pet-ten-no or Poo-ta-no? The one IUP announcer says it one way and the other says it the other way.
    The PA Announcer at the game says it 'Putt-no'

He's pretty good and likely checked with the player.

Comment

Way too lightly. I watched the replay of the game and if Bloom didn't miss 7 wide open layups - they could have easily came away with a W.

Question.. Petteno.. is it Pet-ten-no or Poo-ta-no? The one IUP announcer says it one way and the other says it the other way.
      I’ve also heard Putt-en-no. It’s this season’s great mystery.

Comment

I hear you!! The replays are ridiculous!! They replay a layup and then you hear in the background #12 for 3! Or Omajafo with a slam! Like what???

although i cant stand his voice, i like Amiccuci as PBP. Hes at least basketball knowledgeable and not "guessing" at calls made. The guy they had tonight, you can tell, is not a basketball guy. "West Chester will get it on a tie up".. as we see the official signaling a charge lol like cmon man!
        The kid is college student so I give some grace, except he screams on every single play. When you average over 100 it's a lot of screaming.

I can't do Amicucci. Never could. And I would say he knows fsr less than claims. The number of times he said jump balls on fouls, or opposite team fouls is just enraging. And he tries to sound like a 60 year old man with the oddest turns of phrases I've ever heard. Both did some decent interviews postgame at least.

It's unfortunate because we have a few local guys who are truly talented who were doing wbb and mbb in mid teens for the streaming and Lisa cast them aside for cheap Sean and Jack who talked more Notre Dame football and Cleveland and Pittsburgh pro sports than Gannon. The talented guys are now all at Penn State Behrend and do a great job.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMadLibs View Post

The kid is college student so I give some grace, except he screams on every single play. When you average over 100 it's a lot of screaming.

I can't do Amicucci. Never could. And I would say he knows fsr less than claims. The number of times he said jump balls on fouls, or opposite team fouls is just enraging. And he tries to sound like a 60 year old man with the oddest turns of phrases I've ever heard. Both did some decent interviews postgame at least.

It's unfortunate because we have a few local guys who are truly talented who were doing wbb and mbb in mid teens for the streaming and Lisa cast them aside for cheap Sean and Jack who talked more Notre Dame football and Cleveland and Pittsburgh pro sports than Gannon. The talented guys are now all at Penn State Behrend and do a great job.
          Gannon's had some 'interesting' announcers over the years on the video feeds. Last couple years (this could be the same guy) ... there's being a homer and then being a total cheerleader. That dude used to scream the whole game and openly cheer for the home team, yell at the refs, etc. I get it. But, the broadcast should be at least kind of neutral. Screaming in to the mic is almost never a good idea.

Putting students on the air is a wild card. SRU had a great student crew the past several years. UPJ is famous for having the most clueless crew around -- and for having the guy from Blair Witch run the camera.

The Gannon guy does at least know names, etc. Some schools the announcers struggle with their own players let alone visitors. That's inexcusable, student or not.

It's a tough gig to talk for a whole game. Often times less is more. And, the cheerleading should never be present.

Comment

I'll take both of these guys over Jack.. I couldn't stand him!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Gannon's had some 'interesting' announcers over the years on the video feeds. Last couple years (this could be the same guy) ... there's being a homer and then being a total cheerleader. That dude used to scream the whole game and openly cheer for the home team, yell at the refs, etc. I get it. But, the broadcast should be at least kind of neutral. Screaming in to the mic is almost never a good idea.

Putting students on the air is a wild card. SRU had a great student crew the past several years. UPJ is famous for having the most clueless crew around -- and for having the guy from Blair Witch run the camera.

The Gannon guy does at least know names, etc. Some schools the announcers struggle with their own players let alone visitors. That's inexcusable, student or not.

It's a tough gig to talk for a whole game. Often times less is more. And, the cheerleading should never be present.
              Roddy and LeCorchik were my favorites by far.

Comment

Roddy and LeCorchik were my favorites by far.
                Roddy used to run a separate web site for Gannon basketball. It was pretty entertaining.

​​​​​​Never met him but he seemed liked a good guy.

Comment

Roddy used to run a separate web site for Gannon basketball. It was pretty entertaining.

Roddy was a different character.

Comment

He's a very nice guy. Has ran some great businesses! An has at least one book.

He's definitely a Gannon Homer lol (in terms of the blog he had). Him and LeCorchik were a good team as neither of them were big Homer's as commentators. Had their moments as anyone would bit overall stayed 50/50 and as excited by opposing teams plays as Gannons. Was always a riot when Findlay came in... they were the IUP of GLIAC and not great blood between them and Gannon.

Lecorchik wasn't a fan of Manchel, so Hurst games were entertaining. Him and Amiccuci had some interesting calls on Hurst games because of it.

I remember when Slocum and the Boro coach came to blows in the hallway to locker room after a game.. LeCorchik "well that was the most excitement from Edinboro in a few years" haha

Comment

• So sounds like Gannon could be looking for a home court 24-25. Renovations are "hopefully expected to be completed" by January 2025. But a strong chance it's not "ready" for play until March 2025.

Prep would only do a contract with Gannon through the Fall 2024 Volleyball season. Obviously a new one can be done if needed but doesn't sound like Prep is too anxious to do so.

Comment

Sean is a very old soul in general lol those aren't just used in Gannon games.. he uses very archaic phrases in real life too haha some are amusing and some feel like an old theology professor lecture

Comment

Sean is a very old soul in general lol those aren't just used in Gannon games.. he uses very archaic phrases in real life too haha some are amusing and some feel like an old theology professor lecture
                          I do have to question the GU fan base. As a whole it hard core vanished here the past 8 years.

GU hoops got so bad Roddy crashed his site.

I understand all coming back out but this has a bandwagon feel.

What the hell ... Live it up. I know some of you stayed loyal. Some are bandwagons, however.

Comment

I do have to question the GU fan base. As a whole it hard core vanished here the past 8 years.

What the hell ... Live it up. I know some of you stayed loyal. Some are bandwagons, however.
                            Fair weather fans!!!

Comment

The live streaming plays a part, too. Once they started that - I've not been to a game since. Save my $5 + concessions, and watch from my bed or couch rather than those awful bleachers.

Comment

Gannon is also benefitting from Hurst being down this year. Erie had a good size of just general basketball fans and they've been going to Hurst games since essentially Reilly took over. Many are back at Gannon this year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X