Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

If you think life is still like that, you'd be surprised. Besides, with today's news, AmPipe would have been sold. So maybe Gung Ho meets All the Right Moves plus grandpa's Deer Hunter baggage.
    I don’t but how the foosball team being the lifeline of the town still seems kinda true out there in some places.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
      Why are you continuing to fight this? You are the only person who thinks this is just a bunch of people from the Pittsburgh area complaining that a Philly school is winning the PIAA title.

Most people don't even care about that.
      Exactly. If anything, it's D1 and D11 teams that have the biggest gripe here; they don't even get a chance at making a deep run because they get matched up against D12 earlier in the bracket. Western PA at least always gets a chance at making the final.

An Eastern final of Nazareth vs. Central Bucks South would have been an AWESOME game. Instead, both got mercied by St. Joe's.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Coach Vern Nickerson would have grabbed the IUP job and brought Tom Cruise with him.
        Not too far off, Edinboro won the 1970 Lambert Bowl only a couple years after hiring away the head coach at Hopewell.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I have to admit that I am not knowledgeable on this topic; however, I agree with Nation when he asks "What does it matter where the players are from?" Also, I have known a lot of people who graduated from SJP over the years. I don't think kids are going to SJP just for football in the way they go to IMG Academy. Two different situations. I think football is obviously their calling card but they go there for the full package.
          Whether it's a good school is not the point. For the purpose of a level field it's obviously matters when one team can draw players from multiple school districts and others can't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Whether it's a good school is not the point. For the purpose of a level field it's obviously matters when one team can draw players from multiple school districts and others can't.
            Then you will have to seperate the public schools as well.

Haves in their own playoffs and the have nots in theirs.

Level Playing Field right?

Comment

I think you're going to have private schools that can easily pull from multiple districts. Where Pittsburgh North Catholic is located, they're within a 10-15 minute drive for students in several school districts: Butler, Knoch, Mars, Seneca Valley, Pine Richland, and North Allegheny. To my knowledge there is no other Catholic high school in the area if that's someone's preference. Almost no other private high schools, too. The issue folks should have is the out of state kids. What if one year by chance a St Joe's Prep team is entirely made up of Delaware and New Jersey kids. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a state championship. That's why I proposed a school can field a team with anyone they want provided its not in violation of recruiting rules, but only PA residents can participate in PIAA playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Then you will have to seperate the public schools as well.

Haves in their own playoffs and the have nots in theirs.

Level Playing Field right?
                You're comparing apples and oranges. It's not a matter of whether one school district of similar size is better at football than another. It's whether one school can benefit from recruiting outside its immediate area while other schools are penalized for doing so.

Comment

You're comparing apples and oranges. It's not a matter of whether one school district of similar size is better at football than another. It's whether one school can benefit from recruiting outside its immediate area while other schools are penalized for doing so.
                  If North Allegheny can afford the best coaches and facilities but Shaler can’t..but the have to face off is that fair. Families are going to move to the district to take advantage of those advantages.
                  I see it here where I live..families move here to get their kids in the Downingtown schools. Both schools made the state playoffs. West knocked out East. Coatesville competes because it still has local talent but the Downingtown school dwarf it in quality. If Downingtown hadn’t split into two schools they’d be a juggernaut.

Comment

• Taxpayer funds for education could follow the football player and give everyone a shot at playing for a winner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post
                      Taxpayer funds for education could follow the football player and give everyone a shot at playing for a winner.
                      Not all players are going to be playing for a winner in any world I'm aware of.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

If North Allegheny can afford the best coaches and facilities but Shaler can’t..but the have to face off is that fair. Families are going to move to the district to take advantage of those advantages.
                        I see it here where I live..families move here to get their kids in the Downingtown schools. Both schools made the state playoffs. West knocked out East. Coatesville competes because it still has local talent but the Downingtown school dwarf it in quality. If Downingtown hadn’t split into two schools they’d be a juggernaut.
                        North Allegheny has made the state 6A final once since the class was initiated in 2016. Harrisburg, hardly a wealthy district, has two state title game appearances in that time span. Mount Lebanon actually won the title in 2021. Not much you can do about whether one area has more money than another, but you can ensure that they're playing by the same recruiting rules.

Comment

Not all players are going to be playing for a winner in any world I'm aware of.
                          The unfair rules of the world extend even to sports.

Comment

• Florida State has so many players skipping the bowl game it's unreal.

Aside from the playoff these are turning in to JV games.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                              Florida State has so many players skipping the bowl game it's unreal.

Aside from the playoff these are turning in to JV games.
                              Can't say I necessarily blame any of these players. But this is what people wanted. They wanted a playoff. The reason none of these games matter is because of the CFP and the importance that we (fans) and the media place on it. It's Playoff or bust - nothing else matters. The Orange Bowl is now an unjust consolation prize for Florida State or Georgia. Under the old BCS system, neither would have played for the BCS national championship, however, their players would be excited for the opportunity to cap off a great season in a NY6 Bowl.

And if the response by any is, "Well this won't matter once the playoff expands. All of these teams will make it in." Get ready for players to opt out because they don't want to throw their body on the line for an extra 4 games. That's the next thing that will happen. There's already been past players who have discussed that.

Comment

• Bowl games are a relic. They need to go.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X