X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Yeah, I don't think that is the whole story. Some of it. He's not going to say they are getting out-coached.

Something happens at halftime. Not a coincidence.
    Bingo!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Although I couldn't possibly identify it, another possibility of some defensive tell giving a decent offensive coordinator all that he needs to move more freely than in the first half. It may not even be something planned as much as a tendency for some players, especially pass defenders, to back off just enough that receivers have enough extra room to get open.
    Who knows. Luckily Edinboro doesn't score much. They put up 37 on West Chester but I don't think that QB is with them any longer. It should be a good game for the IUP D to keep working on things.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied

Of all the game quotes the one that jumped out to me was from Mitchell ... who, paraphrasing, said they took their foot off the pedal at halftime.

Wonder if was talking about the players or the defensive bend-don't-break style they started playing in the second half. Mitchell went nuts once IUP quit pressuring him.
    Although I couldn't possibly identify it, another possibility of some defensive tell giving a decent offensive coordinator all that he needs to move more freely than in the first half. It may not even be something planned as much as a tendency for some players, especially pass defenders, to back off just enough that receivers have enough extra room to get open.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Tort said the same thing on the hawk talk show, maybe against cal that was it, but things went south in the third quarter against shep
    Of all the game quotes the one that jumped out to me was from Mitchell ... who, paraphrasing, said they took their foot off the pedal at halftime.

Wonder if was talking about the players or the defensive bend-don't-break style they started playing in the second half. Mitchell went nuts once IUP quit pressuring him.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Tort said the same thing on the hawk talk show, maybe against cal that was it, but things went south in the third quarter against shep
    Yeah, I don't think that is the whole story. Some of it. He's not going to say they are getting out-coached.

Something happens at halftime. Not a coincidence.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

I don't think there is anything wrong with saying it. If you have guys playing 70% of the snaps (or more) they are going to tire. That's just being human.

The three away games were all blowouts so it is harder to compare data. The bench got emptied in the Mercyhurst and Clarion games.

I'm assuming there isn't much depth in the secondary to sub guys. The DL rotates constantly.

Leave a comment:

• Big Hawk15
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

What was your old account?
    I was iupcheerleader88, stepped away from the board for a while and got a new phone. I like my
    Profile name now a lot better. So it worked out well.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Hmmmmm...............and I was typing the fatigue factor, but decided not to say it. However, I believe the same thing.
    I don't think there is anything wrong with saying it. If you have guys playing 70% of the snaps (or more) they are going to tire. That's just being human.

The three away games were all blowouts so it is harder to compare data. The bench got emptied in the Mercyhurst and Clarion games.

I'm assuming there isn't much depth in the secondary to sub guys. The DL rotates constantly.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied

Once in awhile ... it happens. Four straight home games ... something is up.

Leads me to believe teams are adjusting superbly to them or they are tiring out. Maybe both.

But, numbers don't lie. They've been a pretty solid defensive team at home in the first half. Pretty poor in the second half. Perhaps some are playing too many snaps.
    Hmmmmm...............and I was typing the fatigue factor, but decided not to say it. However, I believe the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I must admit IUPbigINDIANS , this is some simple but VERY GOOD data. Looks like someone do not know how to make any adjustments...or other issues.
    Once in awhile ... it happens. Four straight home games ... something is up.

Leads me to believe teams are adjusting superbly to them or they are tiring out. Maybe both.

But, numbers don't lie. They've been a pretty solid defensive team at home in the first half. Pretty poor in the second half. Perhaps some are playing too many snaps.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

This ought to be good. :-)
    As T.O. once stated, "Get ya Popcorn ready!!!!"

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

What was your old account?
    This ought to be good. :-)

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Here's an interesting stat for those interested in stats:

IUP's four home games this year ...

IUP has given up just 8.5 points per game in the first half. Fantastic. In order of home game, the visitor scored 7, 10, 7 and 10.

However, ... a drastic change occurs after halftime.

In the second half of those games, IUP is giving up 22.5 points -- nearly three times more than the first. In order of home game, the visitor has scored 19, 27, 16 and 28.

It's very odd it has happened in all four home games.

It tells me the guests are making some really good adjustments at the intermission. For starters, anyway.
    I must admit IUPbigINDIANS , this is some simple but VERY GOOD data. Looks like someone do not know how to make any adjustments...or other issues.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X