Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Tort landed the big dog.
    I mean why wouldn’t he want to attend IUP?

:-)

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

I think this would make more sense for basketball than for football. There just aren’t enough NFL caliber guys in the league at any given time to make staging a pro day worth
      AND not a lot of other options for football players. Most indoor leagues are small-time and while the XFL and USFL are back in some form it’s not clear if they’re going to be stable. The CFL also exists but they seem to prefer foreign imports from the FBS and FCS levels.

In contrast while I don’t think there are any NBA caliber basketball players in the PSAC at a given time there are more options for guys who want to play professionally between the G League and Euro+Asian ball.
      In 2014 Bloom had their own pro day with 17 NFL teams in attendance. Bloom had several players hoping for a deal, including rb Quiteh, de Webster, ol Clarke, wr Hutton, and ol Feiler. They also had players attending from other schools outside of the PSAC. Some players ended up in the NFL.

Every year a PSAC school seems to have a pro day because they have the players, like Shepherd this year and Cal has had them in the past. If the PSAC pulled their players and opened it up to other players and schools, it could work to benefit the athletes. The NFL will show up.

Comment

Tort landed the big dog.
        This is a huge get and completes a roster that even before some big offseason additions was probably best in the region.. Will be very interesting to see how they find a way to under perform and let it go to waste.

Comment

• Originally posted by CUlater View Post

This is a huge get and completes a roster that even before some big offseason additions was probably best in the region.. Will be very interesting to see how they find a way to under perform and let it go to waste.
          They'll probably rest the team on Clarion week and send the intramural team in its place. It will be tight, but the Golden Eagles will pull the upset in front of 38 fans at Memorial Stadium. That's my guess. The Fly will slowly wear out the Tri Lambda Lambda Fraternity team. The Omega Mu sorority will be fired up on the ride back to Indiana.

Comment

• Originally posted by CUlater View Post

Lol

Comment

• What a huge get for Tort!!! Tort continues to show year in and year out he is the best recruiter in the whole region if not the whole country. Tort and the Hawks beat out (D1 FBS) Northern Illinois and West Texas A&M who have the best stadium and facilities in the country at the D2 level. Looks like the Hawks are going to have a great chance to repeat the PSAC Championship again.

Comment

They'll probably rest the team on Clarion week and send the intramural team in its place. It will be tight, but the Golden Eagles will pull the upset in front of 38 fans at Memorial Stadium. That's my guess. The Fly will slowly wear out the Tri Lambda Lambda Fraternity team. The Omega Mu sorority will be fired up on the ride back to Indiana.
                Yes but the real action will be at “the tailgate”. We’ll be handing out free stunners to the IUP faithful. It’s going to be biblical

Comment

• I’m sorry, but who did IUP get?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tdobson View Post
                    I’m sorry, but who did IUP get?
                    They allegedly got a QB named Jesus. Last name Christ.

Joking aside, Karst Hunter is a MASSIVE signing.

He's 6'5", 225 lbs, dual threat, rocket arm, etc.

He had at least (5) FCS offers.

Thank Tort? Or, thank those writing the checks? Remember that.

Comment

Checks aside, I got the impression the kid just wanted to get away. Having lived in the Dakota’s I can tell you it’s…well…awful. His visit here, despite not walking into a pretty stadium like they have at West Texas A&M, was impactful. Living here you sometimes take for granted what IUP and Indiana has to offer. Then there’s whatever magic Tort seems to come up with. It’s impressive.

I’ll give Tort credit. Despite his quotes after last season about just hoping to win the region, he’s not approaching the off-season like it.

Comment

He was also All stat hoops in South Dakota - Maybe Joe Offered to give him a spot during BB season. I see from Twitter he can dunk.

Comment

• Karst is Twitter official

Comment

• Karst Hunter is a great get for IUP. He had many options, including a handful of FCS programs and at least one FBS team. I saw him play a few times as a freshman and sophomore at Colorado Mesa. He is a special talent.

Comment

Karst is Twitter official
                              Whoever is writing the checks needs to max it out so he can add more!

Comment

• Baseball got a sweep at SRU today -- both shutouts.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X