Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: West Liberty Hilltopper Basketball

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    My guess would be a mix. Something like 8 on full rides and 4 on halfs or 8-2 and 4 on 1/4. Something like that.
    Do you think the interest in wl by high academic students allows them some flexibility with their scholarship mixes?
    I think Bolton was in top 10 people in his hs class. Has 3.87 gpa and made 2nd team academic all American as a sophomore. Makes 7 years in a row with at least one academic all American.

Comment

Maybe dog house was too strong. Nut it was clear that he didn't improve his weaknesses which ment he fell out of favor and on to the very end of the bench. Other more capable players came in so transferring was his only option.
      I get the feeling that the players are hyper competitive, driven to succeed and obsessed with working on their game. Witness dalton learning to shoot with one eye with no depth perception. If I am putting up 100 shots a day and others are putting up 500 shots a day, I will naturally appear to have regressed. This environment is not for everyone.
      Your thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
        I get the feeling that the players are hyper competitive, driven to succeed and obsessed with working on their game. Witness dalton learning to shoot with one eye with no depth perception. If I am putting up 100 shots a day and others are putting up 500 shots a day, I will naturally appear to have regressed. This environment is not for everyone.
        Your thoughts?
        Could be he doesn't like being on a campus in Appalachian with the closest restaurant a Domino's 5 miles away? It's not always sports related.

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
          Your thoughts?
          I agree. What you were in HS might get you in the door but it won't earn you minutes once you're here. It's how you work and fix your weaknesses that matters. He didn't improve so its better for all involved that he leave. Maybe he'll find a place were his issues aren't that big a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Could be he doesn't like being on a campus in Appalachian with the closest restaurant a Domino's 5 miles away? It's not always sports related.
            That could be too. If hes yearning to have a Cracker Barrel right outside the gate, he should go find that.

Comment

Comment

That could be too. If hes yearning to have a Cracker Barrel right outside the gate, he should go find that.
                Come on. You guys all talked like you wanted to blow the guy two months ago. Now it's just POOF go away.

Comment

Come on. You guys all talked like you wanted to blow the guy two months ago. Now it's just POOF go away.
                  Saben? Don't remember any positive or even negative posts on him during the season. Only thing I recall was a post by me early in the season wondering what was up with his low production.

Comment

Big loss here https://twitter.com/shawn_rine/statu...964734977?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by Layton View Post
                      Where? Youngstown St, Robert Morris???

Comment

I was impressed with him. He looked like he'd be an elite D2 PG in time. Best of luck to him ... not sure I see it, though.

As IUPAlum said ... it will be low level D1. He's certainly not a P5 player.

Comment

Nice young man. Very mature and articulate. I was very impressed by his understanding of game. He would have had a stellar career at wlu with a shot at playing in Europe. I could have seen him averaging 20 pts a game with possible 40 point explosions next year as teams are spread out trying to stop Boswell, Bolon, Hill and Yoakum.

Unfortunately His height and weight could work against him in D1. Injury risk like beetle bolden at

Thanks for great memories at wlu. Next man up.

Btw Evan Conley scores 30 points and led his team back from 30 point deficit in all star game

Comment

WL numbers down a little. If Greely is leaving also, just mentioned on Transfers thread, that leaves 4 from last years roster that dressed and 2 red shirts plus 3 confirmed recruits. Equals 9 total. Sure coach is working hard to bring in more.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/malikpg1/status/...887654401?s=21

Comment

He's solid. Good defender. Offense TBA.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X