Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

It was emailed to league fall coaches and athletic administrators on September 13.
    It's unbelievable that they conjured this scheme up on September 13. Is it just misfortune for IUP or something more?

I'm not saying there is anything nefarious going on here. However, Cal U and Clarion are part of the same triad, right? It would be interesting to know how the decision was made to cancel the Cal-Clarion game. After all, there are advantages for Cal U to cancel it. Specifically, they got to rest up for a week before playing IUP and they got an extra week to game plan. Also, because the Clarion game is not counted, Cal does not have Clarion on the record to pull down their SOS.

Ok, probably just my imagination running away with me but it is something to think about with these triads. I mean, Cal is calling the shots for Clarion. It's an example of how they could collude to screw over other schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

It's unbelievable that they conjured this scheme up on September 13. Is it just misfortune for IUP or something more?

I'm not saying there is anything nefarious going on here. However, Cal U and Clarion are part of the same triad, right? It would be interesting to know how the decision was made to cancel the Cal-Clarion game. After all, there are advantages for Cal U to cancel it. Specifically, they got to rest up for a week before playing IUP and they got an extra week to game plan. Also, because the Clarion game is not counted, Cal does not have Clarion on the record to pull down their SOS.

Ok, probably just my imagination running away with me but it is something to think about with these triads. I mean, Cal is calling the shots for Clarion. It's an example of how they could collude to screw over other schools.
      All legit assumptions... wouldn't be the first time IUP got bent over! BUT... looking at it, IUP should've never blown the Cal game. Irv catch the ball and that take the wind out of their sails.

Comment

I think your imagination is indeed running away from you.

Clarion has the lead in the triad. Their sitting president is the interim president at both Cal and Edinboro. Athletics at all three schools report to her. Its my understanding that Clarion was the school with the covid issue and they were the ones who called off the game.

Comment

• [QUOTE=IUPalum;n617381]

What a joke. Sounds to me this was just made! What a shock the commish makes up rules as he goes! This should've been done before the season and put out to the public.[/QUOTE

the psac is a joke they hate iup!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Clarion has the lead in the triad. Their sitting president is the interim president at both Cal and Edinboro. Athletics at all three schools report to her. Its my understanding that Clarion was the school with the covid issue and they were the ones who called off the game.
            I know. But there are going to have to be safeguards against what I'm suggesting.

Comment

• Comment

Plus, the Cal-Clarion game was called off Thursday evening. It's safe to assume Cal had practiced at least M-T-W that week. So it's not like they got a bye week. Someone else also mentioned the possibility that the Cal coaches were in attendance at the IUP-SRU game. I'd say it's possible, but highly unlikely. Coaches have access to film from varying angles for all games. Going in person wouldn't give them much. This isn't 1980s-era high school football, when teams used to do that.
                http://www.indianagazette.com
                www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

I know. But there are going to have to be safeguards against what I'm suggesting.
                  Sure - I think something I'm interested in is how PSAC voting will work with the triads. Right now presidents cast their school's vote. Does the "campus administrator" for each vote for the president? Will they have autonomy or will their vote be 1 of 3 decided by the president?

Also, there are probably minutes somewhere to determine when the decision was made on policy. Just because it was sent out Sept 13 doesn't mean it was decided just before.

Comment

• Comment

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

All legit assumptions... wouldn't be the first time IUP got bent over! BUT... looking at it, IUP should've never blown the Cal game. Irv catch the ball and that take the wind out of their sails.

End of the day and end of the discussion, I think that's unfortunately just it ... IUP should have never, ever lost that game. There were many times aside from the Irv drop that could have wrapped it up. I do agree, though, that probably would have stuck a fork in it.

The State Game is gone. All they can do is beat Edinboro, Seton Hill and West Chester. That's all IUP can control now.

Some others still have some tough games. So, it's unfortunately wait-and-see time for the Crimson Hawks.

They just need to be ready to roll here in a few days. That's not going to be an easy bounce-back, mentally.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

End of the day and end of the discussion, I think that's unfortunately just it ... IUP should have never, ever lost that game. There were many times aside from the Irv drop that could have wrapped it up. I do agree, though, that probably would have stuck a fork in it.

The State Game is gone. All they can do is beat Edinboro, Seton Hill and West Chester. That's all IUP can control now.

Some others still have some tough games. So, it's unfortunately wait-and-see time for the Crimson Hawks.

They just need to be ready to roll here in a few days. That's not going to be an easy bounce-back, mentally.
                            Its probably better not to be in the State Game at this point if they want to get into the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Plus, the Cal-Clarion game was called off Thursday evening. It's safe to assume Cal had practiced at least M-T-W that week. So it's not like they got a bye week. Someone else also mentioned the possibility that the Cal coaches were in attendance at the IUP-SRU game. I'd say it's possible, but highly unlikely. Coaches have access to film from varying angles for all games. Going in person wouldn't give them much. This isn't 1980s-era high school football, when teams used to do that.
                              Is the rule even legit? It was put out on September 13 which is after the beginning of the season and after a cancellation had already occurred involving a PSAC school. So as someone else said the PSAC is making it up as they go along.

Did the commish make this rule unilaterally? Can he do that? Did it go through the proper channels?

I would ask those questions.

I ask them because 1) it is hurting IUP's postseason prospects, and 2) it's a counterintuitive rule that creates the possibility of rewarding a team for not playing. and that is what is happening.

Now, the results on the field are that Cal beat IUP fair and square and if they beat SRU they will clearly be the best in the west. If they lose to SRU it muddies the waters. I'm talking about the rule itself. The competitive season had already begun so I don't see how you can change the rules during the season.
                              Last edited by iupgroundhog; 10-25-2021, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Wow, you IUP guys need therapy. They aren't conjuring up ways to keep IUP from succeeding. Shepherd beat IUP on 9/18, so it wasn't created after the game was played.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X