Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Jamestown be accepted into the NSIC?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    As more and more teams explore the move to Division II, I think the discussion of a "split" will continue to grow.
    If Valley City applies for D-2 membership they would probably already have a backdoor agreement with the NSIC. No way they go without a conference invite. They would find it impossible to fill out a schedule for weeks 5-10. My assumption would be Dakota State and Valley City already have an idea if they apply they get in. Mayville to D-3 sounds like a done deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

If Valley City applies for D-2 membership they would probably already have a backdoor agreement with the NSIC. No way they go without a conference invite. They would find it impossible to fill out a schedule for weeks 5-10. My assumption would be Dakota State and Valley City already have an idea if they apply they get in. Mayville to D-3 sounds like a done deal.
      Right, I understand that. But after a set amount of time, if enough D3/NAIAs are exploring Division II that we end up with 20-24 schools or more within the current NSIC footprint, I think a discussion would have to take place at least.

Comment

• Jimmies announced their 2024 football schedule on Wednesday, highlighted by nonconference games at UMary and at Chadron State.

August 29 @ University of Mary 7 PM
        September 5 @ Chadron State 6 PM
        September 14 @ Dakota State 4 PM
        September 21 Mayville State 2 PM
        September 28 @ Dickinson State 3 PM
        October 12 @ Valley City State 1 PM
        October 19 Dakota State 4 PM
        October 26 @ Mayville State 2 PM
        November 2 Dickinson State 3 PM
        November 16 Valley City State 1 PM

Comment

• Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

If the UMAC is open to adding Mayville State, then it's time for Crookston to join that league too. For a long time they were opposed to public schools as the league was built on small private schools. The only reason Morris got in was their status a Liberal Arts College, and that profile fit very well with the rest of the schools. It appears the UMAC is loosening that rule, which makes is a perfect time for Crookston to jump. It makes too much sense. Closer travel, longtime rivals Morris and Mayville will be there, they can bring back football, and move hockey from club status to NCAA.

I'll drive the Crookston to DIII bus!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CheapSkate View Post

If the UMAC is open to adding Mayville State, then it's time for Crookston to join that league too. For a long time they were opposed to public schools as the league was built on small private schools. The only reason Morris got in was their status a Liberal Arts College, and that profile fit very well with the rest of the schools. It appears the UMAC is loosening that rule, which makes is a perfect time for Crookston to jump. It makes too much sense. Closer travel, longtime rivals Morris and Mayville will be there, they can bring back football, and move hockey from club status to NCAA.

I'll drive the Crookston to DIII bus!!!
            ”And the winner for post of the century goes to…”

@cheapskate

Congrats! And preach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

”And the winner for post of the century goes to…”

@cheapskate

Congrats! And preach.
              putting my driving gloves on as we speak

Comment

• Originally posted by CheapSkate View Post

putting my driving gloves on as we speak
                And that post was a hole in one. You said exactly what a UMAC official told me years ago- not without a travel partner! Mayville would give them that and the UMAC needs more football teams.

Comment

• This is why Dakota State is a lock for the NSIC. Crookston is gone with Mayville, should kick out St Cloud and let Valley City in, can never have enough D2 schools in North Dakota.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldyellaHer69 View Post
                    This is why Dakota State is a lock for the NSIC. Crookston is gone with Mayville, should kick out St Cloud and let Valley City in, can never have enough D2 schools in North Dakota.
                    I'd rather this conference burn to the ground than add anymore North Dakota Schools. Time to split

Comment

• Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

I'd rather this conference burn to the ground than add anymore North Dakota Schools. Time to split
                      He is a troll and you're giving him what he wants.

Someday their will be enough weak teams in D2 that the conference big boys split off and form a respectable league for integrity

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Someday their will be enough weak teams in D2 that the conference big boys split off and form a respectable league for integrity
                        Yes, but I still feel we need the split right now

Comment

Gotta give it a catchy name. Something regional. Something that strikes fear in everyone that lived in the 90s. Like... North Central Conference. It's got a nice ring to it...

Comment

• Originally posted by MSUMavMan2009 View Post

Gotta give it a catchy name. Something regional. Something that strikes fear in everyone that lived in the 90s. Like... North Central Conference. It's got a nice ring to it...
                            Maybe we can just move up to D1, with Augie, UMD and SCSU. Convince Omaha, UST, NDSU, UND, SDSU, and USD to reform the North Central Conference. That gets you the 10 required to form a new conference.
                            ​​​​

Comment

• I lost you at SCSU

Comment

I lost you at SCSU
                                Theoretically this would be less travel in football so maybe they'd bring it back? Lol

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X