Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

You've never heard of Texas State?
    They certainly aren't high on my list. I'm pretty sure a lot of the Newberry kids hadn't heard of Shippensburg before they played us this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I felt bad for the PSU kicker. Missing the 2 FG's and then being replaced in the 4th qtr had to be embarrassing. On national TV.
      They were both relatively easy kicks at that level. It’s one thing to look good in practice but something totally different when the big lights are on. That was the right move to yank him. My guess is he’ll get another shot and can maybe build some confidence against a cupcake. It just sucks for him that it was the big nationally televised game of Week 1. If you’re going to play for a big time school with lots of national exposure you take the good with the bad in terms of success and failure. I will say the cameras didn’t do him any favors by pointing at him after the replacement drilled a field goal later. That was savage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

They certainly aren't high on my list. I'm pretty sure a lot of the Newberry kids hadn't heard of Shippensburg before they played us this year.
        Texas State were D2 national champions 40 years ago. They had a huge following as an FCS program before succumbing to pressure and moving up to G5 world. Alma mater of Lyndon Johnson and Clint Black.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

They were both relatively easy kicks at that level. It’s one thing to look good in practice but something totally different when the big lights are on. That was the right move to yank him. My guess is he’ll get another shot and can maybe build some confidence against a cupcake. It just sucks for him that it was the big nationally televised game of Week 1. If you’re going to play for a big time school with lots of national exposure you take the good with the bad in terms of success and failure. I will say the cameras didn’t do him any favors by pointing at him after the replacement drilled a field goal later. That was savage.
          That's all spot on. The camera shot was that. According to Franklin, he and the Columbia transfer have been running neck and neck to be the starter. I do hope the kid rebounds. If he had missed a 3rd one it would have been worse.

Comment

Texas State were D2 national champions 40 years ago. They had a huge following as an FCS program before succumbing to pressure and moving up to G5 world. Alma mater of Lyndon Johnson and Clint Black.
            Well, thanks for the history lesson. There's really not much reason for me to pay attention to an obscure program in Texas, and any way you slice it that was a horrible loss for Baylor. The Big 12's inability to play defensive football really caught up with them on the first weekend.

Comment

• Not a calm morning down in Clemson.

Fans want Dabo out after being humiliated by Duke on national television.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                Not a calm morning down in Clemson.

LOLOL this kind of crap makes me chuckle. Dabo is probably the best coach for Clemson. Do they think Butch Jones is going to come in there and instantly get them moving?

Comment

Can everyone now understand why the south has and supports the worst people possible politically….

Comment

LOLOL this kind of crap makes me chuckle. Dabo is probably the best coach for Clemson. Do they think Butch Jones is going to come in there and instantly get them moving?
                    Typical morning after reaction but that is a bad one.

Finebaum piling on, of course.

Comment

They had the nice run with Martina Navratilova at QB.

Comment

• Swamp Kings (Netflix) is fantastic. Watch it if you can. It's about the Urban years in Gainesville.

Comment

It's going to get tougher for some of these big boys now that other teams can pay players just as they've been doing in the south for years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

It's going to get tougher for some of these big boys now that other teams can pay players just as they've been doing in the south for years.
                            Decades!

Comment

Swamp Kings (Netflix) is fantastic. Watch it if you can. It's about the Urban years in Gainesville.
                              It was good even though it kinda skated past a lot of the major issues they had, which you knew it was going to once it was clear that Urban was going to be on camera throughout.

The Urban documentary I want to see someone make is about his (partial) season with the Jaguars. I doubt he’d be speaking on camera in that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

It was good even though it kinda skated past a lot of the major issues they had, which you knew it was going to once it was clear that Urban was going to be on camera throughout.

The Urban documentary I want to see someone make is about his (partial) season with the Jaguars. I doubt he’d be speaking on camera in that one.

No doubt. That was the one weakness of it. Most of the key 'bad boys' of the era didn't talk (one is obviously no longer with us in Aaron Hernandez). Not having the Pouncey brothers or Percy Harvin interviewed was a downer.

I did think the behind-the-scenes actual football stuff was fantastic. But, yes, that could have certainly been R-rated. I did read that most of the players (and Urban) only agreed to be interviewed if the topic stayed mostly about football.

It was amazing just to visually see how much Urban aged in those five years. I thought Dan Mullen (then OC) stole the show. I always thought he was kind of a boring personality. He turned out to be the complete opposite. It was interesting to see how the players all got sick of the Tebow worship within the national media.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X