Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deon is a circus. Remember the Iggles game where Coke Head Irvin got taken out by the Vet turf? The false narrative is the fans were reacting to Coke Head on the turf. Most of them were reacting to Deon running around the field acting like a clown like he was dead or something. The lazy national sports media didn’t report that.

He’s an act that will wear out fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

When Deion played, I never liked him. Can’t say I really liked him for a while after that and I’m still not sure what to think of him. That said, I always watched and right now is no different. He does have the “it” factor and that stadium in Boulder about crumbled when his team took the field. Fun stuff.
      Two observations so far from the first half of the Nebraska-Colorado game.

Nebraska's offense really sucks, much as it did in Week 1. Their QB is a turnover machine.

From what I've seen of Colorado so far, TCU's defense must suck big-time. That certainly doesn't look like an offense that should be getting 500 yards passing on anybody. Maybe Sanders will break out the second half.

Comment

• I want to see Holy Cross knock off another FBS opponent for the 3rd year in a row. When's the last time an FCS team had a win streak against the FBS?

Comment

• Pitt on the ropes against Cincinnati.

Comment

Pitt on the ropes against Cincinnati.
            Tough game. Mirror images of one another.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Tough game. Mirror images of one another.
              Just went final. Cincy hung on.

Now Bama is on the ropes at home against the Longhorns. Fun watch.

Comment

That said, the 'duz has to win that game at home.

Comment

Not to mention Phil from PR may be worse than Slovis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Two observations so far from the first half of the Nebraska-Colorado game.

Nebraska's offense really sucks, much as it did in Week 1. Their QB is a turnover machine.

From what I've seen of Colorado so far, TCU's defense must suck big-time. That certainly doesn't look like an offense that should be getting 500 yards passing on anybody. Maybe Sanders will break out the second half.
                    TCU's hit-and-miss defense has been that way for the final years of the Gary Patterson era, save for last season (at least to an extent). They had some SMH moments against FCS Nichols State today, but more than a few key pieces from last season's defense moved on to the NFL.
                    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by TDBoi8136 View Post
                      I want to see Holy Cross knock off another FBS opponent for the 3rd year in a row. When's the last time an FCS team had a win streak against the FBS?
                      Unfortunately, Boston College held on for the win, thanks in part of a rather lengthy weather delay. I saw unfortunate because BC has been such a joke the past few seasons, I was rooting for them to lose to their neighbors from Worcester.
                      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

There are a couple of losses like this every season for Pitt. No I expect them to upset Florida State and somehow have a chance at a division title on Thanksgiving weekend, LOL.

In all seriousness, this is a killer schedule for Pitt. After the Backyard Brawl they have a very good UNC team (better than Cincy) at home before going to Virginia Tech, which is a very tough place to play. After Louisville at home and Wake Forest on the road (both winnable), they play at Notre Dame and then host Florida State who could be ranked in the top three. They should beat Syracuse and Boston College but then they have to play at Duke in the finale. I’m thinking a 6-6 record is likely with a high water mark of 7-5. If it really goes bad they could be 5-7.

Comment

• Originally posted by TDBoi8136 View Post
                          I want to see Holy Cross knock off another FBS opponent for the 3rd year in a row. When's the last time an FCS team had a win streak against the FBS?
                          North Dakota State had a 6 game streak until they lost to Arizona last year 31-28.

2010: Kansas 6-3 (lol)
                          2011: Minnesota 37-24
                          2012: Colorado State 22-7
                          2013: Kansas State 24-21
                          2014: Iowa State 34-14
                          2016: Iowa 23-21

Next season they open at Colorado. Should be great. Next scheduled FBS game after that is Oregon in 2028.

Comment

There are a couple of losses like this every season for Pitt. No I expect them to upset Florida State and somehow have a chance at a division title on Thanksgiving weekend, LOL.

In all seriousness, this is a killer schedule for Pitt. After the Backyard Brawl they have a very good UNC team (better than Cincy) at home before going to Virginia Tech, which is a very tough place to play. After Louisville at home and Wake Forest on the road (both winnable), they play at Notre Dame and then host Florida State who could be ranked in the top three. They should beat Syracuse and Boston College but then they have to play at Duke in the finale. I’m thinking a 6-6 record is likely with a high water mark of 7-5. If it really goes bad they could be 5-7.
                            No more divisions in the ACC! Only one year of that and then they have to create some new structure again for when the 3 new teams come in LOL

As someone who follows Pitt pretty closely, they’ve done decently well avoiding ‘bad’ losses under Narduzzi. People always point to the Western Michigan loss in 2021. I’m not a huge intangible guy, but I don’t think they go on the run they did if they didn’t lose that game. I sort of look at that like the 2016 Penn State season where they lost to Pitt and Michigan and then kinda got going after. I don’t expect them to go 10-2 every year. I think he’s gotten them to a point where they have an 8 win floor most years, which, for most programs, that’s pretty good. It’s hard to win 8 games.

That said, their QB play yesterday was extremely concerning. And I came away thinking they have the looks of a 7-5 team. To be fair, everyone will point to Cincy being picked 13th in the Big 12, but that’s not going be true at all. Cincy’s recruited really well and has a good program. They have two absolute monsters on the DL (the NT is an all-American) who caused havoc all day. They’ll win games in the Big 12.

My concern coming into the season was that they had immense turnover on defense for the first time in 4 years. They were breaking in 6 new starters, the most for them since 2019. In that span, Pitt has had an elite defense and has led the country in sacks. But I feared it would take some real time for this group (who has talent on it) to gel. The question was always going to be, “could the offense score enough as the new look defense was finding their footing?”

I think this just kind of looks like a retooling year for them.

Comment

Cincy fans would say “Satterfield has to win that game against Pitt” if they would have lost. Cincy is a good program. So is Pitt. The margin between almost all of these teams is razor thin.

But all that said, I didn’t like almost anything I saw there yesterday.

Comment

• Gotta love when ABC doesn't cut off for Pitt/WVU.

Like anybody in Western PA gives a F about Alabama vs S. Fla

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X