Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post

Lmfao!! You know absolutely nothing about football!! Coach Tort and his staff out coached Shepherd from the first play of the game to the last play of the game, if you watched it and think otherwise you do not know the game of football! Coach Tort’s team kicked Coach McCook’s team’s ass yesterday! That’s just a FACT if you watched the game you would have seen that! Next thing your you’re acting like IUP’s football facilities are nicer than Alabama! I AM JUST STATING FACTS! Coach Tort has the best winning percentage in the PSAC and Region 83 percent. He has now been to the NCAA playoffs 3 times. 2 PSAC Championships. 1 Regional championship and a final 4 appearance. He also reached 30 wins faster than any other IUP coach (35 games). He has now passed up former IUP Coach Curt Cignetti in PSAC Championships (Coach Tort 2) (Coach Cignetti 1) Curt also never won the region at IUP. Coach Tort has Won a regional championship. FACT. From numerous reports Coach Tort turned down 2 D1 jobs since being the Head Coach. My guess is the phone will be ringing for Coach Tort this offseason as well. Leaving Miller Stadium yesterday A shepherd fan, who I don’t know came up to me and said “congratulations IUP deserves that win, you kicked our asses today”
    To say Tort out coaches them is laughable. I'd bet there would've been a different outcome if Shep catches all the balls they dropped. They certainly didn't drop them all year. If there is a round 2, I'm not so certain is plays out in favor of IUP. BUT what do I know? I don't know football even though I've won championships.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

There's all the 'metrics' involved but also the all-important human factor.

Concord gave up some monster point totals this year. I wonder if that scared off the committee a bit.
      Well their game at Pembroke was no masterpiece the bit I watched…

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post
        Dude u have issues u are no different than the personalities. IUP coaches did a hell of a job. They should be commended for that game plan. Beat a team that averages 46 with 3 offensive all Americans. Should of been 14 if not for a horrific PI call on 4th down before there last score. Pressured Bagent all day and gave up 1 run of note for 9 yards. Handled the line of scrimmage and played with great effort. In addition they played and won minus 3 offensive stars (Brown, Lockhart, Stewert). What else do u need. If u dislike like Tort and his staff just say it but don’t sprout out bull**** that makes no sense….just sayin
        …and yet it came down to recovering an on sides kick to save themselves…

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post

Lol, IUPalum is a total CLOWN! Listen Coach Tort has the best winning percentage of any coach in the PSAC and Region. He has now been to the NCAA playoffs 3 times. 2 PSAC Championships. 1 Regional championship and a final 4 appearance. He also reached 30 wins faster than any other IUP coach (35 games). He has now passed up former IUP Coach Curt Cignetti in PSAC Championships (Coach Tort 2) (Coach Cignetti 1) Curt also never won the region at IUP. Coach Tort has Won a Regional championship. FACT. I thought Coach Cignetti did a good job with the program but not even close to what Coach Tort has done with the program up to the date. From numerous reports Coach Tort turned down 2 D1 jobs since being the Head Coach. My guess is the phone will be ringing for Coach Tort this offseason as well.
          WTF? In year 5 under Frank, he made it to the finals. So Tort has to make the finals this season.

Comment

According to the Gazette game story, Duane has a sprained knee.

That's not a one size fits all injury. Some can come back in a couple weeks while others can take 1-2 months.

So, again, this bye is crucial. But, I'd say no guarantees he's back for Round 2.
            Put some Bactine on it….

:-)

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

…and yet it came down to recovering an on sides kick to save themselves…
              Correct. For all this dominating, the final score was 24-21. It never should have been. But, it was.

Hilton Ridley recovering that onside kick was the play of the day. That was a good kick, too, by their kicker. That ball was coming fast and was slippery as heck. That was also the first time the 'hands team' had been on the field all season.

Comment

Correct. For all this dominating, the final score was 24-21. It never should have been. But, it was.

Hilton Ridley recovering that onside kick was the play of the day. That was a good kick, too, by their kicker. That ball was coming fast and was slippery as heck. That was also the first time the 'hands team' had been on the field all season.
                They recover and it’s the Mon Valley U game all over again. The slide by Houser was the second play of the game.

Comment

WTF? In year 5 under Frank, he made it to the finals. So Tort has to make the finals this season.
                  Now you are putting words into my mouth. I never said Frank. I said Curt. Again I thought Coach Cignetti was a hell of a Coach, and did great things for the program, but when your talking PSAC Championships, Regional Championships, Statistics Coach Tort is better in all 3 categories.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

To say Tort out coaches them is laughable. I'd bet there would've been a different outcome if Shep catches all the balls they dropped. They certainly didn't drop them all year. If there is a round 2, I'm not so certain is plays out in favor of IUP. BUT what do I know? I don't know football even though I've won championships.
                    I think Shepherd was outcoached for 3 quarters at least. Tort and his staff had a much better weather proof game plan together, and they executed very well on offense. I think the Brown absence was a blessing in disguise as it forced the OC to be a bit more creative and got some other guys involved, it was obvious the Rams had no idea Brown was going to be out. That is going to benefit the offense greatly going forward I would think.

The Rams WR corps had its worst game in several years. Had to be at least 6/7 times it just bounced right off their hands and up for potential interceptions, weather certainly was a factor. Missing Ryan Beach on the short crossing routes and quick's to the outside was felt in this game too. He's sure handed and very quick, don't think he'll be back this season and that is a huge loss for the Rams.

Rams offense while productive, can be maddening at times. Did they not read a weather report leading up to the game, do they not realize a 51 passes to 13 rushes ratio in a downpour against a championship caliber opponent is ill advised? Oh and 5 of those "rushes" were by Bagent, who was probably running from the pass rush and it just was recorded that way. So 8 carries by the leading rusher in the conference...

No bones about it, IUP won the game and was the better team. I genuinely am hoping the Rams can refocus and get back to Miller Stadium for another try, and will pray for a clean weather day as well. IUP will be improved with Brown back hopefully, and possibly a stronger run game for a complete game with Stewart. Here's to both teams taking care of business over the next 2 weeks and getting/staying healthy!

Comment

They recover and it’s the Mon Valley U game all over again. The slide by Houser was the second play of the game.
                      These are pretty big if's you guys are talking about. When a team has to try an onsides kick to try to steal a win, there are always if's. There is no guarantee Shep scores even if they did recover. Also, I agree that Houser's slide was a very heads-up move and preserved the victory - however, had he scored there is even less of a chance that Shep would have scored 2 TD's in the time remaining. Thirdly, I'm in the kick the FG camp. It was a great win for IUP.

Comment

It was 28-0 at halftime and Clarion was completely lifeless. No chance they were coming back. Being honest, I was shocked Duane, Sexton and Ridley played in the third quarter. I was expecting to see them come out of the half with their shoulder pads off.

It got up to 35-0 and those three were still all in the game.

It wasn't a smart decision. There's no reward with that risk. He may be out several weeks.

Sure, one can say it's a hindsight decision. But, it shouldn't have to be. That's a cop-out to me. There is ABSOLUTELY no reason the stars were still in that game at this stage of the season. None. Why? Because this is what happens. We've seen it two years in a row in men's basketball and now this year in football.
                        I see your logic, But at the same time, I don't see many coaches taking their stars out that early at the college level. Personal stats I think are part of it. Not wanting to have to put them back in if some flukey things happen, I don't know, but standard practice seems to be sit the starters in the 4th quarter. Maybe its just tradition, but outside of the pros I don't see very strategic subs of the starters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I think Shepherd was outcoached for 3 quarters at least. Tort and his staff had a much better weather proof game plan together, and they executed very well on offense. I think the Brown absence was a blessing in disguise as it forced the OC to be a bit more creative and got some other guys involved, it was obvious the Rams had no idea Brown was going to be out. That is going to benefit the offense greatly going forward I would think.

The Rams WR corps had its worst game in several years. Had to be at least 6/7 times it just bounced right off their hands and up for potential interceptions, weather certainly was a factor. Missing Ryan Beach on the short crossing routes and quick's to the outside was felt in this game too. He's sure handed and very quick, don't think he'll be back this season and that is a huge loss for the Rams.

Rams offense while productive, can be maddening at times. Did they not read a weather report leading up to the game, do they not realize a 51 passes to 13 rushes ratio in a downpour against a championship caliber opponent is ill advised? Oh and 5 of those "rushes" were by Bagent, who was probably running from the pass rush and it just was recorded that way. So 8 carries by the leading rusher in the conference...

No bones about it, IUP won the game and was the better team. I genuinely am hoping the Rams can refocus and get back to Miller Stadium for another try, and will pray for a clean weather day as well. IUP will be improved with Brown back hopefully, and possibly a stronger run game for a complete game with Stewart. Here's to both teams taking care of business over the next 2 weeks and getting/staying healthy!
                          I was baffled that Shepherd didn't try to run the ball more, given the conditions. They have an outstanding tailback.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

I see your logic, But at the same time, I don't see many coaches taking their stars out that early at the college level. Personal stats I think are part of it. Not wanting to have to put them back in if some flukey things happen, I don't know, but standard practice seems to be sit the starters in the 4th quarter. Maybe its just tradition, but outside of the pros I don't see very strategic subs of the starters.
                            Plus, I think they want their starters to be in the routine of playing at least 3 quarters. It's an exercise for what is to come. And these games aren't 60-0 blowouts.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Plus, I think they want their starters to be in the routine of playing at least 3 quarters. It's an exercise for what is to come. And these games aren't 60-0 blowouts.
                              Yeah, but we aren't talking about freshmen getting experience. This is Duane Brown and your starting QB -- both of whom have played a ton of college football. Playing another half a quarter against Clarion isn't going to help them much at this point. If anything, it's going to get them hurt (as we saw).

It is what it is at this point. I'm sure that killed Duane to miss that game. Hopefully he's back in 12 days. But a sprained knee ... no guarantees.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I believe Beach may move on from football after this year anyway…

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X