X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Absolutely. Great season, Hawks. And as long as Redshirt Joe is patrolling those sidelines, I have no doubt you'll be back.

Special shout-out to Danny & Payton on the mic tonight. I know the student broadcasters took some heat on the board a few days ago, but I really thought those kids called a nice game. They were fair and excitable for both teams. It was an enjoyable broadcast.

You guys have a first-rate facility, first-rate media department, and a first-rate program--hats off for doing it the right way and being great hosts.
    Appreciate you always being classy. And man, is your team tough. I knew Butler was a great player but wow, I never expected him to dominate to that level. I hoped for, at the least, a game on par with most of the other battles between our teams, but unfortunately IUP’s warts showed and WL was just too much.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Oh well. 32-2, a PSAC title and a Sweet 16 appearance is nothing to be embarrassed about. The ending sucked but Mama said there’d be days like this.
    Absolutely. Great season, Hawks. And as long as Redshirt Joe is patrolling those sidelines, I have no doubt you'll be back.

Special shout-out to Danny & Payton on the mic tonight. I know the student broadcasters took some heat on the board a few days ago, but I really thought those kids called a nice game. They were fair and excitable for both teams. It was an enjoyable broadcast.

You guys have a first-rate facility, first-rate media department, and a first-rate program--hats off for doing it the right way and being great hosts.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Oh well. 32-2, a PSAC title and a Sweet 16 appearance is nothing to be embarrassed about. The ending sucked but Mama said there’d be days like this.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

This is not the way to beat WL. You have to strike a balance between controlling tempo and being aggressive when the opportunities are there. But you said it, IUP didn’t have a lot of chances to attack because the press break was awful.

And yep, in the end when you shoot this poorly, not a whole lot else matters.
    The blueprint to beat them is what they did in 2015. If the shot is there in the first 10 seconds of the shot clock, you take it. If not you run your offense with 10-12 on the shot clock.

But their offense was Shawndale Jones backing down guys in the post and throwing up a wild shot that missed badly. That’s not a formula.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

This is not the way to beat WL. You have to strike a balance between controlling tempo and being aggressive when the opportunities are there. But you said it, IUP didn’t have a lot of chances to attack because the press break was awful.

Following the posts on here..poor shooting for weeks seems to have caught up to them.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

West Liberty is the better team clearly. Better plan offensively. Better players offensively. Play way more efficiently offensively.

The game was largely played at IUP’s pace. They limited possessions. But when they shoot 51% and you shoot 33%, it’s tough to win against anyone.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

West Liberty is the better team clearly. Better plan offensively. Better players offensively. Play way more efficiently offensively.

The game was largely played at IUP’s pace. They limited possessions. But when they shoot 51% and you shoot 33%, it’s tough to win against anyone.
    That’s a sure way to lose.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    It’s over. IUP just doesn’t have it offensively. Butler is by far the best player on the floor. I know you don’t want to run up and down with WL but, call me crazy, this pace is TOO slow. It’s lethargic, there’s no emotion.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    It’s over. IUP just doesn’t have it offensively. Butler is by far the best player on the floor. I know you don’t want to run up and down with WL but, call me crazy, this pace is TOO slow. It’s lethargic, there’s no emotion.
    IUP handled the press horribly tonight. Has nothing to do “scheme” or “effort” or “chaos” or whatever the word the WL posters like to use. They just handled it horribly. Could barely inbound the ball. Dribbled into traps. Looked unorganized.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    I guess Teams from West Virginia in regional finals at IUP are our kryptonite.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
    Maybe it’s where I’m sitting but the ref by the screen is calling them a lot tighter than the ref in the horseshoe .
    IUP needs to take better shots on offense to be clear, but that’s partly how the game got out of hand for Mercyhurst. The less that got called on West Liberty, the more handsy they got with their press and under the basket.

IUP needs to play better to come back in this game, but things not getting called impacted Mercyhurst as West Lib pulled away. Just a comment to your observation.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    The refs rotate. They just don’t want to call anything in the paint. Butler hacked Tomiwa twice and no call and the neck choke rebound.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied
    Maybe it’s where I’m sitting but the ref by the screen is calling them a lot tighter than the ref in the horseshoe .

Leave a comment:

• IUP Indians
    replied
    Got it
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X