Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right now Rich needs to concentrate on keeping Jay around for 2 more years. I’m hoping Jay likes Sturdy and is OK with his number of carries etc. Jay’s issue with getting ball stripped when fighting for yardage is his only down side-hope that discourages interest in him😎

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
      Right now Rich needs to concentrate on keeping Jay around for 2 more years. I’m hoping Jay likes Sturdy and is OK with his number of carries etc. Jay’s issue with getting ball stripped when fighting for yardage is his only down side-hope that discourages interest in him😎
      That's easy to fix with good coaching. :0

sorry I couldn't resist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearsota View Post

We can only hope that is what happens here as well. It does look better to leave for a "better" opportunity than to be fired. After reading that article I came away feeling better about next year's defense and worse for the offense. I still think RW is the right guy, but if TS is still the OC in 2024 than it might be time to start an HC search.
        this is pretty much where I am, not that it matters. I do think some staff should be replaced, i just don't think rich is one of them yet. But if there are no changes at all, that yet won't last.

Comment

Right now Rich needs to concentrate on keeping Jay around for 2 more years. I’m hoping Jay likes Sturdy and is OK with his number of carries etc. Jay’s issue with getting ball stripped when fighting for yardage is his only down side-hope that discourages interest in him😎
          With Cody Schrader's success at Mizzou, I think it'll be hard to keep him . More and more D1's will look to mine the D2 ranks for dudes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Try II View Post

With Cody Schrader's success at Mizzou, I think it'll be hard to keep him . More and more D1's will look to mine the D2 ranks for dudes.
            Using D2 like a minor league has been my biggest worry about the portal.

I'm honestly surprised some D1's haven't paired up with D2 schools to use them as farm teams, yet. The Tam system is already set up.. I think it'll start there.

Comment

• I would like to think that the majority of coaches are smart enough to not be reaching out to kids (directly). So easily traceable and verifiable, and not worth the risk of penalty,

Comment

• Originally posted by Try II View Post

No disrespect to Harris, but what Schrader did this year is not going to be commonplace. If he is capable and wants to make that leap, more power to him. It’s equally likely a guy makes that leap and ends up working the KO coverage team until he graduates.

Comment

• Anyone else concerned with NW football attendance totals this year? Anyone have a YOY comparison?

Comment

• Originally posted by CATALUM View Post
                    Anyone else concerned with NW football attendance totals this year? Anyone have a YOY comparison?
                    I heard it was lower as far as butts in seats but who knows on tickets bought. Make sure you go next year though. Another year in 24 like 23 and they will probably shutter the program or go independent like NSU.

Comment

• NWMSU misses the playoffs for the first time in how many years and you want to fire the guy? Amusing.

Comment

• If NW can’t keep Jay happy enough to stay what does that say about the Offensive coaches?

Comment

If NW can’t keep Jay happy enough to stay what does that say about the Offensive coaches?
                          if a kid has his sights set on upper levels, not sure what offensive coaches could offer to counter that.

Comment

If NW can’t keep Jay happy enough to stay what does that say about the Offensive coaches?
                            If D1 comes calling, it says very little about his current coaches imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

If D1 comes calling, it says very little about his current coaches imo.
                              It shows that they put him in a position to succeed.

Comment

• it can show whatever slant you want when you're cherry picking like that. bird's eye view is the way to evaluate coaches.
                                Go Bearcats!
                                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X